I am currently using a BlackBerry Classic and locking for phones for 2017. I love my Classic keyboard but coming from a vkb a bad pkb is way worse than a vkb.
    So is it worth waiting for the Mercury another few months (quality of keyboard seems very uncertain to me) or should I buy Dtek 60 or another flagship like OP3 or Edge?

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 03:44 PM
    If the renders are close to accurate than it will be a device worth waiting for if you're a PKB fan or get a highly discounted Priv.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 03:49 PM
    We literally don't have any clue what the mercury will be like. We dont even know if it will be released at all. I would atleast hold out until Jan and see if we have a better idea where BB is at and what other devices are on the market by then.
    gqmovement and BB-JAM215 like this.
    10-07-16 03:52 PM
    If the renders are close to accurate than it will be a device worth waiting for if you're a PKB fan or get a highly discounted Priv.

Posted via CB10
    Well I've hated the Priv. And I fear that the Mercury will be the same

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 03:54 PM
    Well I've hated the Priv. And I fear that the Mercury will be the same

Posted via CB10
    Keep in mind the priv keyboard rests on a very shallow backing. I think this is the issue compared to bb10 keyboards. The mercury will have proper depth behind the keyboard like classic and Q10 so I expect it will be great and familiar. Wait. For. It.

Posted via CB10 from AT&T Q10
    10-07-16 08:03 PM
    Mmh ... I can't understand, that there are still doubts, despite this was now promised clearly from Thurber / Chen in the last days. I understand, that the community is doubtful with regard to promises for BBOS 10.3.3, but in this case we should only rise a bit enthusiasm here!

10-08-16 02:39 AM
    Only one is with pkb. You cannot compare it with others

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 03:47 AM
    We literally don't have any clue what the mercury will be like. We dont even know if it will be released at all. I would atleast hold out until Jan and see if we have a better idea where BB is at and what other devices are on the market by then.
    It's coming, the design could be completely different now but its coming

 PASSPORT 
    10-08-16 09:47 AM
    It's coming, the design could be completely different now but its coming

 PASSPORT 
    chen himself said he wasnt sure if he was going to release it.
    gqmovement and JeepBB like this.
    10-08-16 09:48 AM
    Hopefully there will be some update about the Mercury. I jumped on the Priv, and they keyboard isn't that great. But being an avid BlackBerry user, have a pkb you just it working and fly by

I hope they design it proper and have some good quality build. The Priv is completely rubbish and feels cheap

If they can add some space and have they keys more elevated would be awesome.

But let's HOPE, Chen is true to his word about the PKB

*in PKB we trust*
    10-08-16 10:45 AM
    I would put more faith in what Thurber had to say. The problem with Chen is, in case any of you were wondering about how he always seem so awkward when he talks, the language barrier. It's not as much that English is not his first language and more to do with how he's Asian. As an Asian myself, I can tell you that if we go from, let's say, Chinese to English, it's common to get a lot of pronouns and verbs mixed up when we talk. Well, not myself since I learned English from an early age, but if it's second to Chinese (or other Asian languages) that could happen because our sentence structures are completely different. So if you hear a Chinese guy refer to you as a he/she but you're the opposite, don't be offended, that literally happens with almost every Chinese person who speaks English as a second language...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    anon(9607753), jakie55 and AmritD like this.
    10-08-16 11:53 AM
    Chen said the keyboard was coming later and Thurber confirmed that it would be within the next six months, when would be Feb 17 which is when their in house design team is done.

 PASSPORT 
    10-08-16 04:06 PM
    Chen said the keyboard was coming later and Thurber confirmed that it would be within the next six months, when would be Feb 17 which is when their in house design team is done.

 PASSPORT 
    Does that mean that Mercury will be designed and manufactured in-house? That would be really awesome since BlackBerry's BB10 devices had a great build quality and the Dtek devices seem to lack that

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 04:22 PM
    There are always still quotes floating around, that are already a few days old. Let's stick to the last indications, where BOTH promised a PBK for the future (and confirmed a Mercury).
    10-08-16 05:27 PM
    Does that mean that Mercury will be designed and manufactured in-house? That would be really awesome since BlackBerry's BB10 devices had a great build quality and the Dtek devices seem to lack that

Posted via CB10
    As far as we know, yes Merc will be the last in-house phone designed by BlackBerry

 PASSPORT 
    10-08-16 08:29 PM
    yes if the mercury comes out it will likely be the last fully designed bb that we see in quite awhile. BB is out the of the design/create/manufacture business by end of February. After that its all on other manufactures to carry on the name
    10-08-16 08:36 PM

 PASSPORT 
    So both confirmed that they learned nothing and still think they have that much time to release the Mercury

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 03:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    No phone is manufactured in-house by BB anymore. But it would be designed in-house.

jakie55 likes this.
    10-09-16 11:43 AM
    So both confirmed that they learned nothing and still think they have that much time to release the Mercury

Posted via CB10
    Making the rounds huh?

10-09-16 11:44 AM
    Had BB10 launched with the 'Squircle' loading animation, BB10 would have done well.

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 likes this.
    10-09-16 12:13 PM
    Yes after he said earlier he was releasing it and Thurber saying twice it was being released. Chen is the master of mixed messages.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-09-16 12:16 PM
    I am currently using a BlackBerry Classic and locking for phones for 2017. I love my Classic keyboard but coming from a vkb a bad pkb is way worse than a vkb.
    So is it worth waiting for the Mercury another few months (quality of keyboard seems very uncertain to me) or should I buy Dtek 60 or another flagship like OP3 or Edge?

Posted via CB10
    If you dead set on getting a Blackberry. The 'Mercury' at the moment looks like it will have a great qwerty keyboard. Obviously its only renders at this point. It seems like you prefer Virtual keyboards, so i would say get a PRIV (discounted) or get a DTEK60
    10-09-16 12:55 PM
    Making the rounds huh?

EXACTLY my thoughts...

 PASSPORT 
    slagman5 likes this.
    10-09-16 01:47 PM
    Had BB10 launched with the 'Squircle' loading animation, BB10 would have done well.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, suggesting good features should have been carried forward means we want the flaws to be carried forward too. Sound logic.

10-09-16 05:51 PM
    Yep, suggesting good features should have been carried forward means we want the flaws to be carried forward too. Sound logic.

It's a joke!

But I really do want the quircle back. I need to order a NOS Q10 and install that leak.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 08:48 PM
31 12