Just saw it somewhere online.
    Got the Pixel on Black Friday cuz I was tired of waiting (I'm on Verizon). Had a Z10 since June 2013. Guess I will see if I made a mistake by not waiting 3 or 4 more months.
    12-26-16 10:15 PM
    12-26-16 10:16 PM
    It better not only be to Verizon. Well, as long as they have an unlocked GSM version I'll be fine. No way I'm going to fork out the cash to be on Verizon just for a phone...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-26-16 10:41 PM
    It better not only be to Verizon. Well, as long as they have an unlocked GSM version I'll be fine. No way I'm going to fork out the cash to be on Verizon just for a phone...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    I wouldn't worry about that. Only those with the opposite situation typically have concerns.
    12-27-16 12:15 AM
    It better not only be to Verizon. Well, as long as they have an unlocked GSM version I'll be fine.
    Same here. I think it would be great for BB if it also landed on VZW, but they need to have an unlocked model available for the rest of us.
    12-27-16 06:22 AM
    If it hits Verizon all of us worrying about that version will rejoice. Verizon has the best service for where I live and what I do and my company foots the bill. I would love to see Mercury hit big red.
    12-27-16 07:10 AM
    this is great news! i may just have to cancel my pixel xl order....
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-27-16 08:03 AM
    If it hits Verizon all of us worrying about that version will rejoice. Verizon has the best service for where I live and what I do and my company foots the bill. I would love to see Mercury hit big red.
    Did you forget about the Verizon PRIV user room thread, which is likely one of the longest threads in CrackBerry history, and most read, full of pain and frustrations? Or how about the thread waiting for MarshMallow? That one was fun for us, too. Or the numerous other threads relating to Verizon/PRIV that somehow all managed to escape front page news or any mention on BerryFlow?

Yeah, have fun waiting.
    tp2386 and FF22 like this.
    12-27-16 08:25 AM
    If the leaked story about Verizon picking up this phone is true. Then I think Verizon will help push it towards its Corporate Users. In my opinion this should have came out first instead of the Priv.
    12-27-16 12:38 PM
    I wouldn't bank on it, especially with PhoneArena reporting on it.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    12-27-16 12:45 PM
    I wouldn't bank on it, especially with PhoneArena reporting on it.
    It should also be noted that BlackBerry adds in a lot of files for all the carriers within their OS so having files appear from Verizon are not a real indication. Roland might have other clarification but at least a portion of the info he has shared has come from the build.prop files he noted on Twitter. I'm guessing he has the OS lol - https://twitter.com/rquandt/status/813369144196403201
    12-27-16 01:25 PM
    12-27-16 01:40 PM
    It should also be noted that BlackBerry adds in a lot of files for all the carriers within their OS so having files appear from Verizon are not a real indication. Roland might have other clarification but at least a portion of the info he has shared has come from the build.prop files he noted on Twitter. I'm guessing he has the OS lol - https://twitter.com/rquandt/status/813369144196403201
    But at the same time, Priv was also supposed to have a T-Mobile specific variant, a.k.a. STV100-5, where a live device was spotted. And T-Mobile ended up with STV100-1.

So I maintain my verdict: grain of salt.
    12-27-16 01:59 PM
    If it goes to Verizon, I see it as a good thing. It means the carrier has faith in the device and will also do some marketing for it. I'm sure BlackBerry will also have a unlocked version on its website. Hopefully we will find out all the info we need at CES. 1x qwerty and 2x full touch #2017ForTheWin

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    asublimeday likes this.
    12-27-16 02:12 PM
    Did you forget about the Verizon PRIV user room thread, which is likely one of the longest threads in CrackBerry history, and most read, full of pain and frustrations? Or how about the thread waiting for MarshMallow? That one was fun for us, too. Or the numerous other threads relating to Verizon/PRIV that somehow all managed to escape front page news or any mention on BerryFlow?

Yeah, have fun waiting.
    I do remember all those threads and posted often to them. All I was stating was that we would rejoice, not that I was confident in VZW getting the device. I AM waiting for the Mercury to be released unlocked so I can find it somewhere and play with it. I am NOT waiting for it to hit VZW because I don't think it will for some time, if at all, and I'm completely happy with my PRIV.
    12-27-16 02:26 PM
    Would love this. But will not expect it, adopting a wait and see approach instead of setting myself up to be let down.

Posted with my  Classic
    12-27-16 04:40 PM
    Coming soon!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    FF22 likes this.
    12-27-16 05:00 PM
    But at the same time, Priv was also supposed to have a T-Mobile specific variant, a.k.a. STV100-5, where a live device was spotted. And T-Mobile ended up with STV100-1.

So I maintain my verdict: grain of salt.
    STV100-6 was supposed to the be the T-Mobile Priv. STV100-5 was the Sprint Priv, but both of them were canned so it doesn't matter anyway.

At least this isn't like BB10, there's probably more cancelled devices in there than released ones.
    12-27-16 05:12 PM
    STV100-6 was supposed to the be the T-Mobile Priv. STV100-5 was the Sprint Priv, but both of them were canned so it doesn't matter anyway.
    Yeah, the one that was in the Baka Mobile leak. I guess the Sprint one is even a stronger case, you have have it printed in the production manual and it will still not release, that's my point.
    12-27-16 05:14 PM
    Well I'm reading and posting on a VZW Z30 and as long as it keeps rolling - knock wood - rumors are just that: rumors. Not holding my breath.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-16 05:42 PM
    Won't hold my breath -- but would be great if the possibility materializes.
    12-27-16 05:46 PM

Yeah, have fun waiting.
    As the OP of the Verizon Priv waiting room, I am also skeptical.
    12-27-16 05:46 PM
    Blackberry take my money and give me Mercury

Posted via CB10
    asublimeday likes this.
    12-27-16 08:07 PM
    Verizon model variant is just going to be treated as a red-headed step-child. Slow updates etc, we all know the drill. Would rather they just use the same radio chipset for the unlocked Mercury as the Pixel so interested users can add the phone to their Verizon acct if they wish and get updates directly from BB.
    12-27-16 08:39 PM
    Yeah sure make it Verizon because Z30 worked very well for Verizon and BB users...........
    Also Priv users were out of luck with lack of updates, not to mention forced bloatware by BB.

Should just be a CDMA/GSM combination device just like Motorola and Apple did with a lot of their devices. Maybe a US variant and World/International Variant so that at least they can save money by putting only USA bands in one model and all other bands in another. Case closed.
    12-28-16 01:15 AM
52 123