Am I the only one who kinda wanted a trackpad? Maybe the spacebar has fingerprint and scrolling duties. #LettucePray

Posted via CB10
    The whole keyboard can scroll most likely, carried over from the Passport and Priv.
    01-03-17 08:24 AM
    If you compare the Printed, white Font on the Keys, you will see that the Mercury has a wider distancebetween Numbers and Letters, than it was on the Q10. But this could mean everything. In the best case, this means bigger buttons than the Q10 - or perhaps more even buttons on the Mercury mean more space for the font.
    01-03-17 08:29 AM
    The whole keyboard can scroll most likely, carried over from the Passport and Priv.
    If they have that on the Mercury, that would be amazing!
    01-03-17 08:41 AM
    If you compare the Printed, white Font on the Keys, you will see that the Mercury has a wider distancebetween Numbers and Letters, than it was on the Q10. But this could mean everything. In the best case, this means bigger buttons than the Q10 - or perhaps more even buttons on the Mercury mean more space for the font.
    I was also thinking about the bigger buttons, which would be awesome if your ask me, but it would also make the phone wider. The excitement is building!

Posted via CB10
    01-03-17 08:44 AM
    not at all, you are not the only wishing to have a trackpad... i am sure there are three or four more people in the planet wishing the same as you...

Am I the only one who kinda wanted a trackpad? Maybe the spacebar has fingerprint and scrolling duties. #LettucePray

Posted via CB10
    PALoeza likes this.
    01-03-17 08:46 AM
    If they have that on the Mercury, that would be amazing!
    Can't see why they can't, if they can do it on the Priv. There's more physical space inside Mercury to implement it, it doesn't have two halves.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    01-03-17 08:47 AM
    thx god it is not re-branding stuff. missing the shaped key board with smiley. Hopefully, TCL got super QA dept to ensure the tactile feeling and reliability of BB is there to bring back all the memories - long live the BB KB. Best wishes to make the best KB in the world for 2017... since you ARE carry the BB logo. (not typo).
    01-03-17 09:33 AM
    The keys are not flat. Seems like the middle two columns (TY GH VB) are flat but you can see the spacing on the keys to the right of those are angled upwards.

Here's a screen grab brightened up. See the UI JK NM keys spacing compared to the TY GH VB.

Mercury teaser videos by Steve Cistulli-mercury1.png

At first I was dissapointed. Now I'm hopeful. Looks good!
    01-03-17 09:48 AM
    They keys are not flat. Seems like the middle two columns (TY GH VB) are flat but you can see the spacing on the keys to the right of those are angled upwards.

Here's a screen grab brightened up. See the UI JK NM keys spacing compared to the TY GH VB.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mercury1.png 
Views:	336 
Size:	560.0 KB 
ID:	415268

At first I was dissapointed. Now I'm hopeful. Looks good!
    They resemble the Passport's keys, they're also pretty flat and angled like that. But I love the width.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-17 09:55 AM
    They resemble the Passport's keys, they're also pretty flat and angled like that. But I love the width.

Posted via CB10
    I like my Passport keys too.

However, this one looks like it's flat in the middle and the upward angles increase as the keys reach the edge. I actually imagine it could improve tactile feel of where your fingers are on the keyboard.
    01-03-17 10:01 AM
    I like my Passport keys too.

However, this one looks like it's flat in the middle and the upward angles increase as the keys reach the edge. I actually imagine it could improve tactile feel of where your fingers are on the keyboard.
    I hope that doesn't require us to hit bullseye to type the key and the edge is "clickable" too.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-03-17 10:03 AM
    It's amazing from a 4s video how many people think this device is the next best thing. If the Priv couldn't sell, it's running Android, and has a physical keyboard, what makes you think this will sell more than the Priv? By all accounts, the DTEK50/60 isn't selling... beside the fanboys, who's buying this?
    It is possible that the carriers will see enough potential in the device to actually carry it in the store. The PRIV was a Z10 type flop. It was not ready for Prime time out of the gate.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-17 10:07 AM
    Looks sweet, I hope they market the heck out of it. Also, inform and give the USA wireless retailers incentives to push the device so the general public and not just the fanboys/girls know about it. A lot of slab phone users came from a legacy BlackBerry and miss they PKB. Now it's just a fact of informing them BlackBerry lives, can thrive and the PKB is back and here to stay.
    01-03-17 10:18 AM
    Space bar cube confirms fingerprint reader
    Attachment 415244

Posted via SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    The keys are flat? Not those waterfall-ish shapes that are more comfortable to the fingers?

I love zombies.
    01-03-17 10:19 AM
    I believe more in this guy than I ever did in John Chen, Steve needs some credit for this, take note his head is on the line and he's being bold and giving us exactly what we want.
    01-03-17 10:49 AM
    So I have read that this device will be called the BlackBerry Press . Is this true ? Name comes from the original tweet.
    01-03-17 10:57 AM
    For me the keyboard is more close to Q10 then Classic.
    Very close to a PRIV keyboard with Passport style frets.
    01-03-17 11:00 AM
    It's amazing from a 4s video how many people think this device is the next best thing. If the Priv couldn't sell, it's running Android, and has a physical keyboard, what makes you think this will sell more than the Priv? By all accounts, the DTEK50/60 isn't selling... beside the fanboys, who's buying this?
    Priv was priced as a high end flagship product. Also it is version 1.0 of BlackBerry's entry into Android. Given their experience with DTEK50 & DTEK60, I would assume after a year that their Android apps are much better than initial release. If priced properly (mid range), I think it could do well.
    01-03-17 11:01 AM
    So I have read that this device will be called the BlackBerry Press . Is this true ? Name comes from the original tweet.
    Not until TCL officially confirms it.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-17 11:04 AM
    I believe more in this guy than I ever did in John Chen, Steve needs some credit for this, take note his head is on the line and he's being bold and giving us exactly what we want.
    He deserves credit for the excitement indeed. BlackBerry has a bad habit of reacting to comments, in some cases even their own comments instead of being clear, even if it in a cryptic way. Don't know much about TCL as a company but what they've done around the Mercury has been good. Also, there haven't been as much leaks as the Passport. There was a video of the full blown device months before any announcement.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-17 11:26 AM
    This is why you read it.

Mercury teaser videos by Steve Cistulli-img_20170103_184131_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    01-03-17 11:42 AM
    This is why you read it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170103_184131_edit.png 
Views:	361 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	415273

Posted via CB10
    I think you guys are reading way too much into that.
    ominaxe likes this.
    01-03-17 11:44 AM
    Just telling the guy why he read what he read, never said it's called that because he tweeted it.
    01-03-17 11:49 AM
    Praying for a fast processor!

Posted via CB10
    01-03-17 11:51 AM
    Yeah could be PRESS as in physical qwerty pressing goodness maybe?
    DueNorthBB likes this.
    01-03-17 11:55 AM
170 12345 ...