It's almost like a un-written rule that if you leak something it has to be late at night. Lol

#HypeTrain

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    01-03-17 01:31 AM
    Flat keys? Seems like style over function.

Posted via CB10
    hkkelvinlee and PALoeza like this.
    01-03-17 01:32 AM
    Flat keys? Seems like style over function.

Posted via CB10
    Those are the Passport chromosomes, the edges do look lifted from certain angles to prevent double typing issues for fat thumbs.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-17 01:52 AM
    Love it!
    01-03-17 02:27 AM
    I was looking at the form of the phone. With the roundness of the sides, I'm afraid it is curved egde.

Posted via CB10
    Although the screen tech itself is LCD, which to my knowledge cannot be curved, so the image itself would be flat. That's mainly my concern with regards to the idiotic useless curved screen fad, I HATE distortion... But if it's just a curved glass over a flat screen I guess it'll be kind of cheesy, but won't be a deal breaker for me...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-03-17 02:54 AM
    Passport screen is slightly curved on the edges, it's really comfortable to swipe and navigate through the screen. I prefer the OG passport touch feel than SE for that very reason.

I'm utmost worried about the look of these keys, they do reseamble a little bit those of the Passport but way flatter, don't they?
    01-03-17 02:55 AM
    I really wonder the back of the phone. Hope it is grippy like passport se or priv.

And the camera has the Schneider Kreuznach ring. Really like the looks.

I am pretty hyped. Cant just wait. Maybe we'll have more leaks today.
    01-03-17 03:00 AM
    It looks like a poor 3D render, there is no way that they would throw away their patented keyboard shape. Besides, what's the point of using BlackBerry design and not using their keyboard? And if it's looking like the leaks already, then they will have the typical BlackBerry keyboard just as the leaks had.

And I doubt it will have a curved screen. It's only showing a keyboard, it's as rounded as my OG Passport.
    Last edited by ominaxe; 01-03-17 at 03:43 AM.
    01-03-17 03:08 AM
    It's looks like a poor 3D render, there is no way that they would throw away their patented keyboard shape. Besides, what's the point of using BlackBerry design and not using their keyboard? And if it's looking like the leaks already, then they will have the typical BlackBerry keyboard just as the leaks had.

And I doubt it will have a curved screen. It's only showing a keyboard, it's as rounded as my OG Passport.
    The video is leaked by Steve Cistulli
    President & GM, North America, TCL Communication. I don't think he is the kind of guy that would post nonsense on his Twitter.
    01-03-17 03:22 AM
    President & GM, North America, TCL Communication. I don't think he is the kind of guy that would post nonsense on his Twitter.
    Well we had one talking non sense all over the place. .
    01-03-17 03:24 AM
    I'm not saying it's unofficial. I'm just saying that it's a poor 3D render, showing too much shine and not showing a realistic device. It's possible that TCL can make poor 3D renders. I know I already hate their **** poor TVs.
    01-03-17 03:31 AM
    I bet if they would release it with Android AND(!) OS10.

They would sell more OS10 ones.
    Because this is pure BlackBerry-fan's device!

I really hope that it will take of at it deserves it, bit I highly doubt it to be a success - because Android people prefer full-touch screens and this looks way too retro for most of them.

It might be a great device, with great specs and high quality.
    But I don't know it's gonna be a success....

Posted via CB10
    velkod likes this.
    01-03-17 04:08 AM
    I'm not saying it's unofficial. I'm just saying that it's a poor 3D render, showing too much shine and not showing a realistic device. It's possible that TCL can make poor 3D renders. I know I already hate their **** poor TVs.
    You'll know for sure in about 33 hours.
    01-03-17 04:09 AM
    I bet if they would release it with Android AND(!) OS10.

They would sell more OS10 ones.
    Because this is pure BlackBerry-fan's device!

I really hope that it will take of at it deserves it, bit I highly doubt it to be a success - because Android people prefer full-touch screens and this looks way too retro for most of them.

It might be a great device, with great specs and high quality.
    But I don't know it's gonna be a success....

Posted via CB10
    While I know it won't be a success, I believe it will get the BlackBerry fans and will also create some converts from touch.

This is the first modern dedicated keyboard Android device. I'm sure there will be some people who are sick of the status quo and will try to switch. I just hope it's a good device and gets those people to stick to pkb devices so that SOMEone will continue to release keyboards.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-03-17 04:16 AM
    While I know it won't be a success, I believe it will get the BlackBerry fans and will also create some converts from touch.

This is the first modern dedicated keyboard Android device. I'm sure there will be some people who are sick of the status quo and will try to switch. I just hope it's a good device and gets those people to stick to pkb devices so that SOMEone will continue to release a keyboards.
    I really hope for BlackBerry that this device gonna take off!
    But I kinda doubt it - because I see the reactions of people, when they see me using a device with physical keyboard.
    With one exception - the Passport, because of it's massive appearance they tend to be curious.

But you may be right that this is the device BlackBerry hopes to "convert" OS10 users to become Android users.

I can only speaks for me personally:
    Never had a BlackBerry because of it's latest specs, best camera etc. - because they never had that stuff... But because of BlackBerry's OS, which still is outstanding to me.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-17 04:21 AM
    Well we had one talking non sense all over the place. .
    JC? :-)
    ardakca likes this.
    01-03-17 04:23 AM
    so looking forward!!!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    01-03-17 04:34 AM
    I really hope for BlackBerry that this device gonna take off!
    But I kinda doubt it - because I see the reactions of people, when they see me using a device with physical keyboard.
    With one exception - the Passport, because of it's massive appearance they tend to be curious.

But you may be right that this is the device BlackBerry hopes to "convert" OS10 users to become Android users.

I can only speaks for me personally:
    Never had a BlackBerry because of it's latest specs, best camera etc. - because they never had that stuff... But because of BlackBerry's OS, which still is outstanding to me.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you completely. BBOS10 is the best modern OS by far, but it's functionality is decreasing every month as Android runtime is getting left in the dust, and the native software is dwindling.

This will be my first Android device ever. I realized how much I was losing out on during my latest trip when I was forced to use maps.me in conjunction with a browser based Google maps and all the apps that people in those countries rely on weren't available on BlackBerry.
    Slash82 and PALoeza like this.
    01-03-17 05:30 AM
    I agree with you completely. BBOS10 is the best modern OS by far, but it's functionality is decreasing every month as Android runtime is getting left in the dust, and the native software is dwindling.

This will be my first Android device ever. I realized how much I was losing out on during my latest trip when I was forced to use maps.me in conjunction with a browser based Google maps and all the apps that people in those countries rely on weren't available on BlackBerry.
    Thank you!

Also agree with you that it's sad to see that BlackBerry doesn't give the love it deserves!

For me, my BlackBerrys have always been pure "communication tools".
    I don't need tons of apps or anything like that - just messengers, social networks, e-mail & texting.

WhatsApp is moving away within the next 6 months, which is a big deal for me.
    Still using the old Facebook app, which totally fits my needs (Hub, calender & contact-integration) - hope, it will be usuable for some more time.

But as you wrote month by month OS10 is falling more and more apart...

I tried mobile devices (also Android & iOS) as navigation systems - but I couldn't really find love with that.
    Still prefer my trusty Garmin for that.

For the rest I'm good - just speaking for me personally.

And I don't wanna move away from the Passport.
    It is really the best mobile device I ever had!
    This sums up, what have always loved about BlackBerry.
    ominaxe likes this.
    01-03-17 06:05 AM
    For me the keyboard is more close to Q10 then Classic.
    Mercury teaser videos by Steve Cistulli-blackberryq10keyboard-540x334_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-03-17 07:19 AM
    Wow. Looks great. Ready to pull the trigger ASAP.
    01-03-17 07:22 AM
    For me the keyboard is more close to Q10 then Classic.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberryq10keyboard-540x334_edit.jpg 
Views:	1289 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	415255

Posted via CB10
    Oh yes! Although I think there are flatter than the Q10. Curious to see the whole thing tho!

Posted via CB10
    01-03-17 07:35 AM
    It's amazing from a 4s video how many people think this device is the next best thing. If the Priv couldn't sell, it's running Android, and has a physical keyboard, what makes you think this will sell more than the Priv? By all accounts, the DTEK50/60 isn't selling... beside the fanboys, who's buying this?
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    01-03-17 08:13 AM
    It's amazing from a 4s video how many people think this device is the next best thing. If the Priv couldn't sell, it's running Android, and has a physical keyboard, what makes you think this will sell more than the Priv? By all accounts, the DTEK50/60 isn't selling... beside the fanboys, who's buying this?
    Can't blame them for trying! We'll have to see about marketing, but they've done more in this little span of time than BB ever did for the Priv!
    01-03-17 08:17 AM
    Am I the only one who kinda wanted a trackpad? Maybe the spacebar has fingerprint and scrolling duties. #LettucePray

Posted via CB10
    PALoeza likes this.
    01-03-17 08:21 AM
170 1234 ...