Not that that means the camera will be as good as having the same sensor doesn't mean much if the same love isn't given to the software, but it's promising.

Mercury suggested to be using same camera sensor as Pixel/Pixel XL-screenshot-2017-01-27-13.27.04.png

https://twitter.com/rquandt
    guizmox, ahmedhanif911 and Matty like this.
    01-27-17 11:25 AM
    Nice. So same sensor, but without the same software processing Google touted about the Pixel ... Should be take some good photos.
    01-27-17 11:28 AM
    I've always wanted a camera that was also a BlackBerry!
    01-27-17 11:31 AM
    Been the most frustrating thing about buying BB phones. So nice to hear it might have a decent camera for once...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    01-27-17 11:43 AM
    im sure BB/TCL will find away to muck it up lol

This is actually really awesome news.
    01-27-17 12:13 PM
    I wonder if it's difficult to improve camera software. I mean BlackBerry known for software genius but not camera software?

Posted via CB10
    Dave Knight2 likes this.
    01-27-17 12:40 PM
    This is great news, especially coming from Blaze !
    Thanks man.
    01-27-17 12:48 PM
    Really good to see. However, still disappointing if it remains a 625 with 3gb of RAM
    01-27-17 12:51 PM
    Chances are that Quandt is going to find evidence about the rest of the hardware too before the WMC. So it's a 12 mpx sensor, not an 18 as rumoured, the Pixel-like sensor is a good news. I hope TCL won't make any improvement CPU wise hahahaha.
    01-27-17 12:51 PM
    Chances are that Quandt is going to find evidence about the rest of the hardware too before the WMC. So it's a 12 mpx sensor, not an 18 as rumoured, the Pixel-like sensor is a good news. I hope TCL won't make any improvement CPU wise hahahaha.
    I really hope you're not trying to make it sound like it got "worse" because the megapixels went down...

01-27-17 12:52 PM
    Even if the software is a little behind, that's a quality sensor and should enable fantastic photos!

I just got more excited! Damn, now I really wish it had 4GB RAM because that would make it last longer!

Posted Via BlackBerry Q5
    01-27-17 12:58 PM
    Go blackberry! Kick the Google in the pixels!

On an aside, camera on a phone is irrelevant to me. I just carry my canon with me. Now that is REAL bokeh effect there, none of this fake iPhone / pixel wannabe-isms.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    01-27-17 01:01 PM
    Really anxious on getting my hands on this one. I love my Passport SE and I was hoping on a Passport form factor device with complete android support.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    01-27-17 03:04 PM
    Go blackberry! Kick the Google in the pixels!

On an aside, camera on a phone is irrelevant to me. I just carry my canon with me. Now that is REAL bokeh effect there, none of this fake iPhone / pixel wannabe-isms.

Which Canon you have?

01-27-17 03:08 PM
    Yes! This is exactly what I've been waiting to hear about the Mercury. Hopefully it ends up being legit at the release.
    01-27-17 03:16 PM
    4gb ram gotta be

Blackberry Passport and Blue Classic
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    01-27-17 03:20 PM
    Which Canon you have?

I used to use a canon 5d mark iii with a battery pack, but it was way too heavy, and I'm not a professional wedding photographer. So I switched down to a rinky dink canon t2i with the nifty fifty. It's far lighter, more portable, and the bokeh on even a casual photo outclasses anything currently possible on phone cameras.

And keep in mind the t2i is an old camera no longer in production.

But it's a little unfair to compare a phone camera to a true dslr camera, even an ancient one.

01-27-17 03:26 PM
    I used to use a canon 5d mark iii with a battery pack, but it was way too heavy, and I'm not a professional wedding photographer. So I switched down to a rinky dink canon t2i with the nifty fifty. It's far lighter, more portable, and the bokeh on even a casual photo outclasses anything currently possible on phone cameras.

And keep in mind the t2i is an old camera no longer in production.

But it's a little unfair to compare a phone camera to a true dslr camera, even an ancient one.

Wow, 5d mark 3. Big change to go to a t2i, lol. I currently have a t3i and would like to someday upgrade to a higher-end aps-c camera. Not a professional making money off my photos to justify the jump to a full-frame dslr...

01-27-17 03:35 PM
    4gb ram gotta be

Blackberry Passport and Blue Classic
    It's not.
    Attached Thumbnails Mercury suggested to be using same camera sensor as Pixel/Pixel XL-135086.jpg  
    01-27-17 03:50 PM
    Get the canon 50mm prime lens. Only $125 on amazon and works on crop sensor camera or full frame. Absolutely gorgeous bokeh effect, superb in low light settings, uses stm so it's a quiet motor, sturdy construction. Unless you have the dough for a $1000 L series lens, the "nifty fifty" will become your new best friend, especially for portraits.

As for camera phones, I hope Nokia will release something this year like the great 1020.

Check out dxomark website for expert reviews on camera phones!

01-27-17 03:53 PM
    Get the canon 50mm prime lens. Only $125 on amazon and works on crop sensor camera or full frame. Absolutely gorgeous bokeh effect, superb in low light settings, uses stm so it's a quiet motor, sturdy construction. Unless you have the dough for a $1000 L series lens, the "nifty fifty" will become your new best friend, especially for portraits.

As for camera phones, I hope Nokia will release something this year like the great 1020.

Check out dxomark website for expert reviews on camera phones!

I have that lens, the one with the 1.8 aperture right? There is a better one that is 1.4, but it's like twice the price... I don't know if the one I got has a stm motor though, it's pretty old, got it for like $75. Yes, Canon lens, lol. But it still shoots great portrait shots.

01-27-17 04:07 PM
    A few weeks ago I posted I would be ok with the Mercury having a not-top-of-the-line processor (hopefully as means to increase battery life), but would really appreciate a decent camera (seems to be a consistently frequent use for my mobile device, even if not for pro-shots).

Hopefully this indicates that sort of priority/vision for it.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-17 04:18 PM
    I really hope you're not trying to make it sound like it got "worse" because the megapixels went down...

Of course not, I'm not stupid. And the camera on the Pixel is a great one. I was just pointing out that some of the rumoured specs could be wrong, as the camera proved to be (be it battery, RAM or whatever). The Mercury is still work in progress to some respects.
    01-27-17 04:22 PM
    Of course not, I'm not stupid. And the camera on the Pixel is a great one. I was just pointing out that some of the rumoured specs could be wrong, as the camera proved to be (be it battery, RAM or whatever). The Mercury is still work in progress to some respects.
    Well that's why I asked first before assuming this time, but then why don't you wish for the others to be "wrong" as well since the camera got better, maybe the other things will turn out to be better than the rumored specs as well?

01-27-17 04:41 PM
    I have that lens, the one with the 1.8 aperture right? There is a better one that is 1.4, but it's like twice the price... I don't know if the one I got has a stm motor though, it's pretty old, got it for like $75. Yes, Canon lens, lol. But it still shoots great portrait shots.

There's a new version of that lens, which is superior to the old version. You may have the old version. The 1.4 is available at 3x the price, but online reviews seem to lean towards the1.8 as best value for buck.

Both are great lens, though!

01-27-17 04:57 PM
62 123