Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    We know this is a keyboard phone but that's it...
    Is there any chance it's a larger screen/big battery/good camera phone and not a lower end / smaller device more like a Classic running Android?

I use my Passport 90% of the time and have a Priv as well for things like SnapChat, UBER, etc.

But if BlackBerry really came out with a quality Android Qwerty I'd use it 100% and even stop using my beloved PP.

But the keyboard on the Priv was so disappointing I have doubts. :/

Posted via CB10
    rubyslipperss likes this.
    11-14-16 08:19 PM
    Info leaks and rumours to-date suggest it will not be a top-spec'd flagship model. Sorry. Is there a chance the rumours are wrong? Of course. We won't know for sure until it's announced.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-15-16 06:05 AM
    Is there any chance it's a larger screen/big battery/good camera phone and not a lower end / smaller device more like a Classic running Android?

I use my Passport 90% of the time and have a Priv as well for things like SnapChat, UBER, etc.

But if BlackBerry really came out with a quality Android Qwerty I'd use it 100% and even stop using my beloved PP.

Posted via CB10
    3:2 ratio 4.x inch 1080p screen, 3-4gb Ram, 3400mah battery, 6xx snapdragon, 8mp front, 18-21mpx rear, finger print on keyboard space bar.

All rumored specs but seems likely as per found on geek bench
    11-15-16 01:21 PM
    3:2 ratio 4.x inch 1080p screen, 3-4gb Ram, 3400mah battery, 6xx snapdragon, 8mp front, 18-21mpx rear, finger print on keyboard space bar.

All rumored specs but seems likely as per found on geek bench
    I personally would be quite happy with that, particularly the 3400mah battery... Hopefully the rear camera is a decent one as well.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    rally5464 likes this.
    11-15-16 01:34 PM
    What size screen is that compared to recent bb10 devices? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-15-16 10:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Going by the rumour market this ( DTEK70)will be top notch device . However as ECM has rightly said details shall be known only when device is officially announced . Nevertheless , I being a PKB fan shall go for it . I want to give some rest to my ageing Passports .
    BTW I dont find much fault in my Priv PKB except being a miniature key board as compared to giant PKB on the Passport . Just my opinion ,
    11-16-16 01:38 AM
    Info leaks and rumours to-date suggest it will not be a top-spec'd flagship model. Sorry. Is there a chance the rumours are wrong? Of course. We won't know for sure until it's announced.
    I hope it will be a higher specs model!
    11-18-16 02:01 PM
    I'd prefer to see that too -- hoping to be proven wrong.
    11-18-16 02:38 PM
    Honestly, I'd prefer it to be fast enough to be without lag, but not too high spec that it becomes too expensive...

11-18-16 03:20 PM
    Going by the rumour market this ( DTEK70)will be top notch device . However as ECM has rightly said details shall be known only when device is officially announced . Nevertheless , I being a PKB fan shall go for it . I want to give some rest to my ageing Passports .
    BTW I dont find much fault in my Priv PKB except being a miniature key board as compared to giant PKB on the Passport . Just my opinion ,
    Agreed! My PRIV just started acting up after almost year and half of zero issues.The charger port stopped working. So using a GOOGLE PIXEL now with Blackberry hub and services and it really isn't the same. I'm using a higher powered and specs device and it almost runs faster than the lower specs devices I've used in the past. So I hope Blackberry really think about performance and actually give us higher specs, hopefully!!!
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 11-18-16 at 05:19 PM.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-18-16 04:58 PM
    If its lower specs it won't be 3 years outdated spec like the classic. Mid range now will mean snappy performance in everyday task maybe not so much games and better battery performance. Hope they price it right.
    11-18-16 05:19 PM
    I think Verizon will carry this one...

Posted via CB10
    11-18-16 05:52 PM
    This is REALLY speculating but...would it be that hard to have two versions of the Mercury...similar to what they did with the DTEK50/60?
    11-18-16 06:12 PM
    If its lower specs it won't be 3 years outdated spec like the classic. Mid range now will mean snappy performance in everyday task maybe not so much games and better battery performance. Hope they price it right.
    That's really all I want, I don't play games on my phone, and would rather have a decent price and great battery life than the ability to play games. Just as long as it's fast enough to do everyday things without lag. So not slow but not too fast that it's expensive...

phuoc likes this.
    11-18-16 08:08 PM
    The Passport PKB is so good that I don't know how I could ever go back to even a Q10 etc.

Really holding hope for this device.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 02:50 AM
    That's really all I want, I don't play games on my phone, and would rather have a decent price and great battery life than the ability to play games. Just as long as it's fast enough to do everyday things without lag. So not slow but not too fast that it's expensive...

I do play games on my Classic, and it's the best experience of all phones I had. I only play on emulators. The Mercury with its 3:2 screen will be the perfect Nintendo DS while the Classic is the perfect GameBoy (Color).
    Mercury Stats?-img-20161111-wa001.jpg
    Mercury Stats?-img-20161111-wa002.jpg
    Mercury Stats?-cxojucpxcaahl_v.jpg

So much for "work" device

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    11-19-16 03:21 AM
    I do play games on my Classic, and it's the best experience of all phones I had. I only play on emulators.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CxOjuCpXcAAhL_V.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	412524
    Please may I know what version of Tetris is that? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 05:47 AM
    That's RetroArch and the Gameboy Tetris ROM.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 07:24 AM
    That's RetroArch and the Gameboy Tetris ROM.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 10:37 AM
    My favorite version of tetris has always been the arcade version. I used to play it on mame emulator

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    11-19-16 10:45 AM
    I think Verizon will carry this one...

Posted via CB10
    That doesn't seem likely
    11-19-16 11:16 AM
    The Passport PKB is so good that I don't know how I could ever go back to even a Q10 etc.

Really holding hope for this device.

Posted via CB10
    Q10 keyboard isn't that great, too cramped, try the Classic keyboard...

11-19-16 01:04 PM
    Q10 is perfect! If that's what it needs to be size wise so as not to run up the costs for PKB so be it! You can keep the tool belt if it keeps the costs down, too!

Posted via CB10
    booker1953 likes this.
    11-20-16 12:17 AM