What I meant is, we had tons of pkb in the past and no sale. Now if you think that's gonna work, why don't you sell your house and invest in BB?
    So you should sell your house and invest in BlackBerry . All touch is on the horizon.
    08-29-16 09:23 AM
    What I meant is, we had tons of pkb in the past and no sale. Now if you think that's gonna work, why don't you sell your house and invest in BB?
    But there was always some other reason besides the pkb that might have hindered their sales. Either their specs sucked or they lacked apps, or both. The only way you can use them as an example is if they were equal to the competition in every way except the pkb. So basically, a phone with decent specs, quality, and access to apps, at a reasonable/competitive price, but with a pkb. If those exist and they still don't sell, then you can use that as evidence that pkb's are a detriment to the devices' popularity.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-29-16 01:04 PM
    what I mean, that there are no useful size and configuration ANDROID device.
    you can forget all those PKB which slide from the side, as they are useless. also - forget BB10. Didn't get tracktion, no matter how good it is/was.

that's the difference!
    Barbareren likes this.
    08-29-16 01:10 PM
    But there was always some other reason besides the pkb that might have hindered their sales. Either their specs sucked or they lacked apps, or both. The only way you can use them as an example is if they were equal to the competition in every way except the pkb. So basically, a phone with decent specs, quality, and access to apps, at a reasonable/competitive price, but with a pkb. If those exist and they still don't sell, then you can use that as evidence that pkb's are a detriment to the devices' popularity.

Precisely!
    08-29-16 01:14 PM
    Oh please, no need for blackberry to bother with pkb. There's classic and Priv models, sufficient for market. Pkb days r over except for some of you die hard fans, which I don't beleive actually. U die hard fans r just making excuses for not buying the available models..in reality you guys like the all touch versions. Plus how many of u r really left?? 10k? 20k? That's nothing for blackberry to chase after. I'm glad blackberry is going after the 99.9% all touch market and not bothering with pkbs which loses the company money.

I hope they learned their lessons with classic passport and price and never release another pkb again.

Posted via CB10
    imprezzive1 likes this.
    08-29-16 03:31 PM
    To be honest I would never buy a BlackBerry if they released only all touch devices. People here talk but if we who need pkb did not exist BlackBerry wouldn't be producing handsets right now. Only USP BlackBerry has is the pkb. Security is also a concern but other companies have their security systems too Apple and Samsung for example. Blackberry is by no means capable of competing with Samsung LG nexus or even Sony on all touch.
    08-29-16 03:48 PM
    Oh please, no need for blackberry to bother with pkb. There's classic and Priv models, sufficient for market. Pkb days r over except for some of you die hard fans, which I don't beleive actually. U die hard fans r just making excuses for not buying the available models..in reality you guys like the all touch versions.
    Why do so many people here claim that BlackBerry users aren't authentic and are just making excuses. And the "in reality" blablabla. So what if we like physical keyboards? Let them bring a good device with a physical keyboard and I will get it. Combine it with Android and I think they can score quite a few customers. It won't be the majority, but it doesn't have to be, for BlackBerry to be successful with it.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-16 04:20 PM
    I thought the BBOS devices sold pretty well, didn't they? It's more the BB10 devices that didn't move. The Priv was overpriced to market, and a slider, I think the Mercury will be the first 'true' Android PKB with it always present. Add full access to Google Play and we'll see how it does.
    slagman5 likes this.
    08-29-16 04:33 PM
    I thought the BBOS devices sold pretty well, didn't they? It's more the BB10 devices that didn't move. The Priv was overpriced to market, and a slider, I think the Mercury will be the first 'true' Android PKB with it always present. Add full access to Google Play and we'll see how it does.
    Hear haer

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2876
    08-29-16 05:05 PM
    Oh please, no need for blackberry to bother with pkb. There's classic and Priv models, sufficient for market. Pkb days r over except for some of you die hard fans, which I don't beleive actually. U die hard fans r just making excuses for not buying the available models..in reality you guys like the all touch versions. Plus how many of u r really left?? 10k? 20k? That's nothing for blackberry to chase after. I'm glad blackberry is going after the 99.9% all touch market and not bothering with pkbs which loses the company money.

I hope they learned their lessons with classic passport and price and never release another pkb again.

Posted via CB10
    I like all touch, have more of those in Android and iOS than PKB devices (one single Passport). But having discovered touch capacitive PKB with shortcuts for browsing, managing communications, etc I'm hooked. I'm definitely in the minority but I certainly hope BlackBerry DOES continue to bother with PKB.

You do know that Chen stated on more than one occastion that he was happy with sales of the Classic, and they only discontinued because he couldn't get the components, right?

Why do you care how many of us are 'left', btw? Chen's all about 'the money on the table', clearly there's a segment of their existing base that has expressed a desire for a PKB device however many that may be. If Chen is riding on the thin edge to stay in hardware (so to speak) then that small base may be enough to put the company over the top in terms of continuing.
    08-29-16 05:20 PM
    To be honest I would never buy a BlackBerry if they released only all touch devices. People here talk but if we who need pkb did not exist BlackBerry wouldn't be producing handsets right now. Only USP BlackBerry has is the pkb. Security is also a concern but other companies have their security systems too Apple and Samsung for example. Blackberry is by no means capable of competing with Samsung LG nexus or even Sony on all touch.
    And if they make a really nice device with the Mercury, we'll be willing to pay a higher price. Which means he'll likely get a higher margin than on the DTEK50, and won't need to sell as many since we're the minority. Everybody wins, everybody's happy.
    ardakca likes this.
    08-29-16 05:25 PM
    ... You do know that Chen stated on more than one occastion that he was happy with sales of the Classic, and they only discontinued because he couldn't get the components, right? ...
    And, unlike the Priv, everywhere I see the Classic on display or see ads for it in Canada it is always at the full list price of $499.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    08-29-16 06:53 PM
    And, unlike the Priv, everywhere I see the Classic on display or see ads for it in Canada it is always at the full list price of $499.
    And unlike the Passport (BB10), is rarely offered on sale from Shop BlackBerry.

I say that as someone who loves his Passport, lol.
    08-29-16 06:58 PM
    And unlike the Passport (BB10), is rarely offered on sale from Shop BlackBerry.

I say that as someone who loves his Passport, lol.
    I want a fire sale of the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition. Make it super cheap and I will get this beauty and suffer the consequences of a world without WhatsApp..!

Posted via CB10
    TheGraduate and anon(9353145) like this.
    08-30-16 01:41 AM
    I want a fire sale of the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition. Make it super cheap and I will get this beauty and suffer the consequences of a world without WhatsApp..!

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, but I always have a hard time pulling the trigger for the SE because my OG is in perfect shape and still my everyday go to device. However, if the above/earlier rumored Passport 2 proves to be true and is designed around an SE but w Marshmallow then it may prove to be very interesting... while at it, why not also improve the Passport pkb design, i.e. quicker access to the comma symbol so that it's readily available next to period... and don't even bother using the Classic pkb design... Could this in fact be the Merc design... even w the 1:1 aspect ratio, in total defiance of the rumored vertical design? Retaining the same overall dimensions of the SE with also improved battery performance? High density AMOLED with dark hub... and the classic design BlackBerry leather pouch with pebble design... Black and white color options as in the former glory days would be nice...

Sorry for getting carried away...

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 02:40 AM
    That render is like a tv remote. I prefer Priv design. I don't see any other way of making that kind of screen size so it supports android and add the physical keyboard. The only way is Priv design imo. Other way it would look like a tv remote

Posted via Passport SE
    08-30-16 02:43 AM
    Agreed, but I always have a hard time pulling the trigger for the SE because my OG is in perfect shape and still my everyday go to device. However, if the above/earlier rumored Passport 2 proves to be true and is designed around an SE but w Marshmallow then it may prove to be very interesting... while at it, why not also improve the Passport pkb design, i.e. quicker access to the comma symbol so that it's readily available next to period... and don't even bother using the Classic pkb design... Could this in fact be the Merc design... even w the 1:1 aspect ratio, in total defiance of the rumored vertical design? Retaining the same overall dimensions of the SE with also improved battery performance? High density AMOLED with dark hub... and the classic design BlackBerry leather pouch with pebble design... Black and white color options as in the former glory days would be nice...

Sorry for getting carried away...

Posted via CB10
    You are making me wet here... that would be the ideal device in realistic circumstances!!! By realistic, I mean compromising for Android. Because I still prefer BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 04:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    In reality we like all-touch? Damn, how do you know me better than I do? Funny, I use an all-touch Android every day for work, how come I haven't yet noticed that I prefer that phone instead of being frustrated by everything and being anxious to get back on my Classic after work's done? Good thing you're here to inform me...

AmritD and Barbareren like this.
    08-30-16 05:47 AM

There is a reason why big guys don't make phones with pkb. Market is small to none. Or you think that apple or samsung are stupid and only company that is smart is BB? On top of everything BB users are cheapest sobs on earth. They want everything for cheap. They always complain about something, we want top spec, we want kyb, we don't want kyb, we want both, why is it so expensive, why this why that, I'd buy it if it is on fire sale etc etc...
    08-30-16 06:09 AM
    So you should sell your house and invest in BlackBerry . All touch is on the horizon.
    I wish that time will prove me wrong, but I think BB device game is over. Trust me, noon would want them more to succeed ...but they made so many terrible mistakes in the past that it is miracle that they are still kicking around.
    08-30-16 06:15 AM
    So maybe going back to BBOS is the way to go?
    08-30-16 06:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    Where did you come from? A cave? Read all the damn replies and after start writing your stupid thoughts seriously!
    Maybe some people really need and like a keyboard and don't pretend to like it! How old are you to even think like this? 14?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 06:30 AM
    I like all touch, have more of those in Android and iOS than PKB devices (one single Passport). But having discovered touch capacitive PKB with shortcuts for browsing, managing communications, etc I'm hooked. I'm definitely in the minority but I certainly hope BlackBerry DOES continue to bother with PKB.

You do know that Chen stated on more than one occastion that he was happy with sales of the Classic, and they only discontinued because he couldn't get the components, right?

Why do you care how many of us are 'left', btw? Chen's all about 'the money on the table', clearly there's a segment of their existing base that has expressed a desire for a PKB device however many that may be. If Chen is riding on the thin edge to stay in hardware (so to speak) then that small base may be enough to put the company over the top in terms of continuing.
    For some odd reason, some people feel better about themselves if they are convinced that everyone else is like them. That's why how many other people agree with them seems so oddly important. I know someone like you who just gets whatever works best without caring what is cool or popular wouldn't understand that. I don't fully understand it either.

anon(9353145), Uzi and deadcowboy like this.
    08-30-16 06:42 AM
    So maybe going back to BBOS is the way to go?
    The problem is that BB10 shipped missing a bunch of features BBOS had that made them good for their time. We welcomed the newer OS style and better specs, but would have liked it more had it also had the good things from BBOS (while getting rid of the bad things). They've since added SOME of these things back, but I think the damage was already done...

08-30-16 06:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    You're completely wrong, as a FYI

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 06:47 AM
1,190 ... 7891011 ...