Ideally, there's an opportunity here for a deal between the Trump administration and BlackBerry. Definitely the federal government can use the full slate of software services offered by BlackBerry. But what about handsets? As a niche product, perhaps BlackBerry could consider the final assembly of Mercury here in the USA. It could be win-win for both sides.

Posted via CB10 on my VZW  Z30 STA100-3 | 10.3.2.2813
    11-10-16 11:33 PM
    Ideally, there's an opportunity here for a deal between the Trump administration and BlackBerry. Definitely the federal government can use the full slate of software services offered by BlackBerry. But what about handsets? As a niche product, perhaps BlackBerry could consider the final assembly of Mercury here in the USA. It could be win-win for both sides.

Posted via CB10 on my VZW  Z30 STA100-3 | 10.3.2.2813
    Maybe Chen promised Trump the Mercury if he would win the elections!
    11-11-16 12:10 AM
    As I mentioned in another thread, it's hard to justify a business case for it (on its own merits) UNLESS they are negotiating with potential licencees, and those parties want BlackBerry to test the pkb waters for them before they commit. For this reason, the Mercury may have been revived.

Just a thought, because it would make zero sense otherwise.
    Even if BlackBerry were to test the waters, a DTEK50/60 launch and carrier support will mean absolutely nothing.
    Few people from CrackBerry will buy it. That's all. Obviously it will sell more than the 50&60 but not to its full potential unless BlackBerry makes a decent enough marketing push for the phone.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-11-16 12:13 AM
    In fairness to the naysayers, BlackBerry's COO was unequivocal when he said he had "high hopes" that a pkb would come out in the near future from a licenced partner.

My feeling is that this whole thing is a moving target as negotiations are being had, and licence agreements are being signed.
    Those guys were nay-sayers long before that comment... Some of them were "sure" the DTEK60 has been cancelled and would not come out. When that didn't pan out, then they moved on to this pkb phone. If this phone comes out, they'll move on to the next rumored phone...
    Uzi likes this.
    11-11-16 01:31 AM
    Maybe Chen promised Trump the Mercury if he would win the elections!
    *Doing Trump Impression* It's going to be huge...
    11-11-16 01:33 AM
    So are we going to do the name calling game where we point out the "intellectual" nay-sayers? The ones who were so much more knowledgeable and who could read BlackBerry's words so much better?

Then again... words are just words and the only real proof is if the Mercury is available to buy..

Posted via CB10
    11-11-16 01:43 AM
    Well. Comprehensive guys with in depth market knowledge and understanding Asian English and stuff. Lol.
    11-11-16 02:01 AM
    *Doing Trump Impression* It's going to be huge...
    Yuuuuge.
    11-12-16 02:53 AM
    "Make BlackBerry Great Again!"

Posted via CB10
    Liquid Living likes this.
    11-12-16 04:53 AM
    Yuuuuge.
    Lol, that.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-12-16 10:43 AM
    I like to grab my phone by the pkb
    11-12-16 12:11 PM
    Canada Population: 35.16 million , i dont know why BlackBerry can't sell 5mln headsets, does it mean Canadian don't love and don't support their only Smartphone Brand which is their proud? Hmmm! Interesting...
    11-12-16 12:33 PM
    Canada Population: 35.16 million , i dont know why BlackBerry can't sell 5mln headsets, does it mean Canadian don't love and don't support their only Smartphone Brand which is their proud? Hmmm! Interesting...
    Canadians smell the same glue as everyone else.
    11-12-16 12:38 PM
    Make one out of wood and they will love it :-)

Posted via CB10
    ardakca likes this.
    11-12-16 12:42 PM
    Canadians smell the same glue as everyone else.
    Special Maple Syrup Limited edition. Will sell like hot cakes.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 02:13 PM
    Special Maple Syrup Limited edition. Will sell like hot cakes.

Posted via CB10
    Sweet!
    11-12-16 04:02 PM
    At least he was clear about wanting to deliver a KBD phone. Still no announcement about a signed deal with a partner, so it can't be that close to being released.
    No, didn't talk about want. It IS coming, not very long from now.

Posted with my  Classic
    11-12-16 07:30 PM
    No, didn't talk about want. It IS coming, not very long from now.

Posted with my  Classic
    Looks like a few folks in here were telling the truth. I stayed quiet.

PS: please be a 4:3 ratio screen with full a full spectrum of lights on the thingy? Help me out here? Anyway, if so, I am all in!

Posted via CB10
    11-14-16 09:02 AM
    At least he was clear about wanting to deliver a KBD phone. Still no announcement about a signed deal with a partner, so it can't be that close to being released.
    I believe the Mercury has nothing to do with any partner deal. The Mercury will be build in China or Mexico like all the other inhouse phones. That's what I understand when I see the interview. My guess is it will be released within 6 months.

Posted via CB10
    ardakca likes this.
    11-14-16 10:05 AM
    I believe the Mercury has nothing to do with any partner deal. The Mercury will be build in China or Mexico like all the other inhouse phones. That's what I understand when I see the interview. My guess is it will be released within 6 months.

Posted via CB10
    This is my understanding as well. But this is a very difficult hypothesis for the BlackBerry nay-sayers, who for some reason have been very silent since the latest interview with John Chen.

But I will admit, the only proof we'll get if it is actually for sale.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-16 11:06 AM
    This is my understanding as well. But this is a very difficult hypothesis for the BlackBerry nay-sayers, who for some reason have been very silent since the latest interview with John Chen.

But I will admit, the only proof we'll get if it is actually for sale.

Posted via CB10
    I think they all are coincidentally out on a boating trip at the same time...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-14-16 11:45 AM
    That's what we'd all like to believe, but it's hard to see the business case for it given the limited sales of the Priv and now the DTEKs.
    11-14-16 12:23 PM
    That's what we'd all like to believe, but it's hard to see the business case for it given the limited sales of the Priv and now the DTEKs.
    Maybe for a change BlackBerry is living up to what it committed?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    11-14-16 12:30 PM
    Well apparently, John Chen sees a business case otherwise he wouldn't have made those comments. Pointing to limited sales of the PRIV is accurate, pointing to limited sales of the DTEK50 and DTEK60 is obviously premature. Let's wait this one out shall we?
    11-15-16 12:04 PM
    Why is it so quiet here...??

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 06:04 AM
1,190 ... 45464748