Tuesday we may find out the countdown to Merc during the official introduction of DTEK60...

BlackBerry's unannounced DTEK60 could drop on October 25th | MobileSyrup.com

Posted via CB10
    Hum..

10-25-16 10:28 AM
    Was there anything said regarding the Mercury at the official launch of the Dtek60

Posted via CB10
    10-25-16 12:02 PM
    Was there anything said regarding the Mercury at the official launch of the Dtek60

Posted via CB10
    "I will be very surprised if we don't have a keyboard device" coming with our partners - Marty Beard at #DTEK60 launch
    10-25-16 12:15 PM
    If Mercury will have LTE Band 12 (which by all accounts, it will), a decent keyboard (unknown but likely, BlackBerry's had what, one miss--the Priv--in recent memory?), and a price within spitting distance of $500 (not certain), I'll buy it.
    10-25-16 12:22 PM
    Have you seen this before?? Is this a leak or concept rendering?
    Attachment 406666

Posted via CB10
    Now is this a slate design like the Passport, or is the a slide up keyboard, like the PRIV?
    10-25-16 12:34 PM
    Now is this a slate design like the Passport, or is the a slide up keyboard, like the PRIV?
    Candy bar form. No slider.
    10-25-16 12:35 PM
    This isn't officials, right? Because that's pretty trash compared to the Dtek60
    10-25-16 12:35 PM
    Hum..

This is great news!! I sent a tweet back to BB and Marty asking for more details about it, but doubt I'll get a response or any info, since the DTEK60 was just announced today. But hope that they will release one soon.
    10-25-16 12:37 PM
    This is great news!! I sent a tweet back to BB and Marty asking for more details about it, but doubt I'll get a response or any info, since the DTEK60 was just announced today. But hope that they will release one soon.
    What is great news? I just see a bunch of numbers? Is it another thing the BB10 version of CB app cannot display??

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-25-16 01:10 PM
    What is great news? I just see a bunch of numbers? Is it another thing the BB10 version of CB app cannot display??

It's tweets - I am guessing the app doesn't support that function.
    10-25-16 01:21 PM
    Mercury Rising....-tweets.png

Screenshot for the rest of us.

I'll believe it when I see it. (The Mercury, I mean)
    10-25-16 01:47 PM
    Listen at 16:00 of the webinar, he confirms this is the final BBRY phone - so mercury is dead unless a Partner is going to license the design.
    10-25-16 01:49 PM
    Listen at 16:00 of the webinar, he confirms this is the final BBRY phone - so mercury is dead unless a Partner is going to license the design.
    ??? Look at the tweet above from official BlackBerry account: "This is ABSOLUTELY not the last BlackBerry phone" Can BB not do anything without conflicting themselves???
    10-25-16 02:00 PM
    ??? Look at the tweet above from official BlackBerry account: "This is ABSOLUTELY not the last BlackBerry phone"
    But the last phone that they are responsible for
    As per what beard said
    Which means they are not going to take responsibility for the mercury if it does release

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-25-16 02:01 PM
    ??? Look at the tweet above from official BlackBerry account: "This is ABSOLUTELY not the last BlackBerry phone" Can BB not do anything without conflicting themselves???
    To be fair to Blackberry, they have been pretty clear about this - Blackberry phones will still be produced - by licencees who pay a fee to use the Blackberry name, some software and security features (if they want to pay for them).

The Dtek60 is the last phone that Blackberry themselves is still going to sell and be responsible for.

So you'll be able to pay a Blackberry phone in the future but it will not be from Blackberry and you will have no relationship as a consumer with them.

But the last phone that they are responsible for
    As per what beard said
    Which means they are not going to take responsibility for the mercury if it does release

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Right - we know Mercury was an internal prototype - based on what he says there, it's clear BBRY has decided not to continue with it. So it's down to a) them being willing to license the design and b) someone wanting to pay for the license.
    10-25-16 02:04 PM
    To be fair to Blackberry, they have been pretty clear about this - Blackberry phones will still be produced - by licencees who pay a fee to use the Blackberry name, some software and security features (if they want to pay for them).

The Dtek60 is the last phone that Blackberry themselves is still going to sell and be responsible for.

So you'll be able to pay a Blackberry phone in the future but it will not be from Blackberry and you will have no relationship as a consumer with them.

Right - we know Mercury was an internal prototype - based on what he says there, it's clear BBRY has decided not to continue with it. So it's down to a) them being willing to license the design and b) someone wanting to pay for the license.
    They kind of sound sure about it. They might have passed the design to a licensee already. That might be the reason behind the within 6 months statement. BlackBerry Central today posted mercury being made by Samsung. Could be just fiction but who knows.
    10-25-16 02:36 PM

Neither can the Mobile Nations app on Android. Probably works on the CB app but I don't want that one, this one is good for both AndroidCentral and CrackBerry forums.
    10-25-16 02:37 PM
    It's tweets - I am guessing the app doesn't support that function.
    Probably just the BB10 version doesn't support it I bet.

10-25-16 03:35 PM
    Probably just the BB10 version doesn't support it I bet.

Tapatalk on Android doesn't support it either
    10-25-16 03:37 PM
    I'd love to see this with a removable battery, the current rumoured specs seem amazing, fingers crossed
    10-25-16 03:45 PM
    They kind of sound sure about it. They might have passed the design to a licensee already. That might be the reason behind the within 6 months statement. BlackBerry Central today posted mercury being made by Samsung. Could be just fiction but who knows.
    That would be insane if true, get an amazing camera in there an Samsung build quality and it's going to be a beast.

#dirtythirty #naturalsound #CB10 #glassweave
    10-25-16 04:04 PM
    So the rising of the Mercury is based of wishfull thinking?
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-25-16 04:31 PM
    So the rising of the Mercury is based of wishfull thinking?
    It's based on BlackBerry confirming that they have an agreement with a partner who will build, distribute, and sell it.
    10-25-16 04:38 PM
    This phone better be released and soon.. I need a pkb can't stand typing on glass
    Barbareren likes this.
    10-25-16 04:40 PM
    It's based on BlackBerry confirming that they have an agreement with a partner who will build, distribute, and sell it.
    But that PKB device does not have to be the Mercury as we know from this forum and from the specs from Geekbench?
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-25-16 04:41 PM
1,190 ... 3738394041 ...