Take a look at the Mercury rendering at the end of the below article.

Posted via CB10
    Those are old renders, plus, if I remember correctly, they were not made by Berrylink.

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    09-08-16 05:07 AM
    Yeah. You should be punished. Got me excited for this! ;P
    09-08-16 06:48 AM
    It would be quite a huge mistake for BlackBerry to release an all touch High-End device before the Mercury. Argon is supposed to be an High end device which could mean a price tag of around 600-700$. I am pretty sure no one coming from a different brand, so not a BlackBerry diehard, would spend the same or even more on a Blackberry in comparison to the new iphone 7 and the 7 edge when it's technically worse and has no unique standout features or a pkb. However the Mercury would have one with the pkb and could be a great device for former or current pkb users and due its productivity also an equal or even better solution for enterprises than the Argon

Posted via CB10
    Not true. BlackBerry have tried releasing the Q10 and the Z10 together and failed badly, they tried the Passport and the same thing happened. They are caught between a rock and a hard place, it really doesn't matter which phone comes first, they should be prepared to try and market it properly. The PKB market has dwindled over the years, it is a fallacy that a lot of Android customers would suddenly come running towards a PKB phone from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-16 06:51 AM
    Not true. BlackBerry have tried releasing the Q10 and the Z10 together and failed badly, they tried the Passport and the same thing happened. They are caught between a rock and a hard place, it really doesn't matter which phone comes first, they should be prepared to try and market it properly. The PKB market has dwindled over the years, it is a fallacy that a lot of Android customers would suddenly come running towards a PKB phone from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    The Q10 was released nearly 8 months after the Z10.

Strikes me they're doing the same thing with the Mercury now.
    slagman5 and Barbareren like this.
    09-08-16 06:55 AM
    Sorry... updated the article address.

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/mobile...ase-date-price

Posted via CB10
    It's a recently published article but I should have warned to take it with a grain of salt. It looks like the renderings are speculative with no sources but probably not too distant from what Merc will look like anyway.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-16 07:31 AM
    It's a recently published article but I should have warned to take it with a grain of salt. It looks like the renderings are speculative with no sources but probably not too distant from what Merc will look like anyway.

Posted via CB10
    The article is recent. It's like a summary of all the rumors. Renderings were made by Dylan Habkirk as stated in the article. Don't know about the hamburg, but if the mercury is coming with SD650 and the rear camera is same or better than priv's I am sold. Iphone 7 jet black looks tempting but guess I can hold my breath till Xmas. Hopefully we'll have more information about the device by then.
    09-08-16 07:43 AM
    The article is recent. It's like a summary of all the rumors. Renderings were made by Dylan Habkirk as stated in the article. Don't know about the hamburg, but if the mercury is coming with SD650 and the rear camera is same or better than priv's I am sold. Iphone 7 jet black looks tempting but guess I can hold my breath till Xmas. Hopefully we'll have more information about the device by then.
    Isn't thee snapdragon 650 a mediocre processor at best?

If not and it's more high end then I suppose my Passport SE's SD801 is still high end? I am asking this with the utmost seriousness.

The passport does have some serious specs though! Even still!

Thanks, DPR

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-08-16 08:28 AM

If not and it's more high end then I suppose my Passport SE's SD801 is still high end? I am asking this with the utmost seriousness.

Thanks, DPR

-Dread Pirate Regan
    Sd650 is high endish. I think it is better than the 801. To be brief it is on par with the 808 performance wise.

What is great about it is the power consumption. It is absolutely brilliant. Samsung A series and Sony X Compact use it.

4.5� 1080P screen with ~3400 mAH battery (as in priv) would last literally days.

It's sound chip is good.

So at the end 3 GB of ram and lasting battery with good back and front camera aaand a metal frame quality chassis, it would be a hit. No joking.
    Barbareren likes this.
    09-08-16 08:37 AM

Thanks, DPR

-Dread Pirate Regan
    The 652 compares favourably to the 808. Same on GPU side, but a bit better on CPU side.
    09-08-16 08:37 AM
    The 652 compares favourably to the 808. Same on GPU side, but a bit better on CPU side.
    Well it kind of leads to what Dylan said. �It is same as Priv�. So I am kind of expecting SD652 or SD650.
    09-08-16 08:42 AM
    Well it kind of leads to what Dylan said. �It is same as Priv�. So I am kind of expecting SD652 or SD650.
    I need to catch up on my snap dragon series big time then, as I always thought the higher the number the better the snap dragon as in we were up to like 820 now? How does the passports 801 stack up these days then, is this now just mediocre in 2016 putting aside it's running BB10?

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-08-16 08:48 AM
    I need to catch up on my snap dragon series big time then, as I always thought the higher the number the better the snap dragon as in we were up to like 820 now? How does the passports 801 stack up these days then, is this now just mediocre in 2016 putting aside it's running BB10?

-Dread Pirate Regan
    The 801 doesn't stack up well against the 652 or 808. It's not even on the same page.
    Barbareren likes this.
    09-08-16 09:03 AM

-Dread Pirate Regan
    Ever since I messed with the samsung 12.2 inch samsung tablet I fell in love with that exynos 5 processor as I NEVER seen touchwiz move *** like I did on that thing and that would even be a bit older now. Dunno if it was used in any phones... I suppose BlackBerry will always stay with Snapdragons?...

-Dread Pirate Regan
    twopack likes this.
    09-08-16 09:03 AM
    The 801 doesn't stack up well against the 652 or 808. It's not even on the same page.
    Darn, I am disappointed now. Here I thought I had a great processor as still considered higher end, now I am fully confused on where they pull these numbers from... thanks.

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-08-16 09:04 AM
    Darn, I am disappointed now. Here I thought I had a great processor as still considered higher end, now I am fully confused on where they pull these numbers from... thanks.

-Dread Pirate Regan
    Although long as passports still fluid with BB10 I suppose all that matters. I don't think BB10 would need a more potent processor however with a TON of apps, 4 gigs of ram, yes! I was surprised on how much of a memory hog BB10 seemed to be versus how light on the processor when I was watching it in action, forget the name of the program.

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-08-16 09:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    Firstly, Q10 and Z10 didn't launch together, secondly, they were BB10 phones, so neither had the apps. They also lacked impressive specs. Basically there was a million other reasons why the Q10 didn't perform well. And lastly, I don't think anyone really thinks that a pkb device would capture a large market. Only fools who care what is popular before making their own decisions would really care about that. What matters is that there are some people who want that. I know several people who have made comments about wanting that, they can't be the only ones out there. As long as BB does not overestimate how many units they sell and spend tons of money building millions of units and keeping a huge stock, giving an option to this niche market could benefit them.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Barbareren and blckberry4life like this.
    09-08-16 09:07 AM
    Although long as passports still fluid with BB10 I suppose all that matters. I don't think BB10 would need a more potent processor however with a TON of apps, 4 gigs of ram, yes! I was surprised on how much of a memory hog BB10 seemed to be versus how light on the processor when I was watching it in action, forget the name of the program.

-Dread Pirate Regan
    I'm not sure if my CB app is messing around or are you replying to yourself in several comments here? Lol

DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    09-08-16 09:12 AM
    Firstly, Q10 and Z10 didn't launch together, secondly, they were BB10 phones, so neither had the apps. They also lacked impressive specs. Basically there was a million other reasons why the Q10 didn't perform well. And lastly, I don't think anyone really thinks that a pkb device would capture a large market. Only fools who care what is popular before making their own decisions would really care about that. What matters is that there are some people who want that. I know several people who have made comments about wanting that, they can't be the only ones out there. As long as BB does not overestimate how many units they sell and spend tons of money building millions of units and keeping a huge stock, giving an option to this niche market could benefit them.

I don't see Chen overestimating on inventory. . IF the Mercury is decently spec'd and priced for budget, it should give a decent idea on how big the PKB niche really is these days. And there's room for modest growth, imho. I was never a pkb user until a few years ago...
    09-08-16 09:18 AM
    I don't see Chen overestimating on inventory. . IF the Mercury is decently spec'd and priced for budget, it should give a decent idea on how big the PKB niche really is these days. And there's room for modest growth, imho. I was never a pkb user until a few years ago...
    There is a catch. Niche should be desirable. You want a tag heuer connected watch but you can't buy it. Tag heuer doesn't sell much as Samsung gear s3 but there you go still making profit.

After reading what I wrote the sampling is kind of lame.
    09-08-16 09:31 AM
    I'm not sure if my CB app is messing around or are you replying to yourself in several comments here? Lol

ADHD!

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-08-16 11:02 AM
    In my opinion, nothing official and not hinting at anything but I wouldn't ignore the Snapdragon 625. It's also a very capable processor.

Posted via BlackBerry Leap (Crackberry Edition)
    09-08-16 11:08 AM

Wrong wording in "releasing together". If you say they had no cutting- edge specs then what do you call the Priv, that also bombed badly and it had all the apps? I have stated it on more than one occasion that I am waiting for the Mercury, I am one of the few PKB fans, but I am not holding any thumbs up for some major dent in the market by that particular phone. The point is it will take a miracle for BlackBerry to bring the handset business back to life, and I don't mean that they become the top ten player but being profitable. That, from where I stand, is a bridge too far.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-16 11:17 AM
    In my opinion, nothing official and not hinting at anything but I wouldn't ignore the Snapdragon 625. It's also a very capable processor.

Posted via BlackBerry Leap (Crackberry Edition)
    It is but what I don't like about it is the mediocre sound chip. SD650 is really the unsung hero SoC.
    09-08-16 11:22 AM
    [QUOTE] Oh please, no need for blackberry to bother with pkb. There's classic and Priv models, sufficient for market. Pkb days r over except for some of you die hard fans, which I don't beleive actually. U die hard fans r just making excuses for not buying the available models..in reality you guys like the all touch versions. Plus how many of u r really left?? 10k? 20k? That's nothing for blackberry to chase after. I'm glad blackberry is going after the 99.9% all touch market and not bothering with pkbs which loses the company money.

I hope they learned their lessons with classic passport and price and never release another pkb again.

Posted via CB10 [QUOTE]

Good thing your vkb caught your misspelling of Priv..autocorrect is never wrong, never misses a beat. give those devs a pat on the back..

Thus why there is a HUGE following for the pkb, and why a vkb won't ever actually beat out a pkb in terms of efficiency. It's like apples new home 'button' why go thru the bother to make a psudo button that needs an additional engine in the phone to try to mimic a real button where space is apparently premium yet you made it thinner??

I hope this comes out next before Argon, I love my passport, but I do like what blackberry has done with their 'secret sauce' in marshmallow, and I'm curious to see how they will up it going forward with N. And as much as I love my passport, I do wish it had a taller screen. LOVE how wide it is, but I wish it had a taller screen, just like merc is supposed to have, 3:2. I don't care how big the phone is, coimon we live in a age of phablets, if you want a smaller phone go get a flip phone or the iphone 4. Gimme a biga** phone that I have a hard time getting in my pocket!
    09-08-16 11:27 AM
    Wrong wording in "releasing together". If you say they had no cutting- edge specs then what do you call the Priv, that also bombed badly and it had all the apps? I have stated it on more than one occasion that I am waiting for the Mercury, I am one of the few PKB fans, but I am not holding any thumbs up for some major dent in the market by that particular phone. The point is it will take a miracle for BlackBerry to bring the handset business back to life, and I don't mean that they become the top ten player but being profitable. That, from where I stand, is a bridge too far.

Posted via CB10
    So even if google turned around and said here's all the google stuff for BB10 including services and ART .Bars for free, you think we wouldn't spring back to life? I think BB10 is hands down the greatest OS and so many os's and programs ripped from it, stuff they were doing in 2012 is being done now and last year as new! BBM was the first facebook but mobile, blend is incredible, I could go on and on I just can't see where they went wrong except marketing? As at one time they did dominate the market? Android crept up and took on over. Yuck..

PS: I don't blame them for getting patents on all of their stuff now! I hope the Priv is not the last hardware they really ever make as DETEK is not even made by them.

When I took my Passport SE out the smell was so familiar. May sound odd but it had that fresh blackberry smell and I don't mean the fruit. LOL. I wish it was a scratch and sniff....

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-08-16 11:29 AM
1,190 ... 1516171819 ...