Physical back home buttons are a big no. No. Just no. Trackpad is another story.

Instead of the square menu button BlackBerry should use their BB logo. I'm missing the constant red blinking too. An option to turn it on would be nice.
    Red blinking? Don't you mean the green LED blinking from the legacy os? Or is it something else you're referring to?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-16 02:04 AM
    Red blinking? Don't you mean the green LED blinking from the legacy os? Or is it something else you're referring to?

Posted via CB10
    I thought it was red. Wasn't it?
    09-07-16 02:34 AM
    I thought it was red. Wasn't it?
    Hell yeah it was always red. Not sure whether legacy OS had the option to change the LED colour. I think it did, but not sure anymore. I do have different LED colours for different type of incoming messages on my Q10 though. Blue for BBM!

Posted via CB10
    09-07-16 04:16 AM
    Would be a cool thing. With the option to turn it off of course.
    09-07-16 04:34 AM
    Stopping to sell the Classic answers your question, whether a toolbelt is successful in the market and to be expected at the new phone...

Posted via CB10
    Classic stopped being manufactured because the chips used in it are so old they are no longer manufactured and no longer available. Not sure how many times this has been explained, but anyway...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-07-16 08:55 AM
    Classic stopped being manufactured because the chips used in it are so old they are no longer manufactured and no longer available. Not sure how many times this has been explained, but anyway...

I wonder if none of the chips available right now are compatible. I mean if it was selling well they could have changed the chip inside. Be it exynos, kirin or Snapdragon.
    09-07-16 09:10 AM
    Hell yeah it was always red. Not sure whether legacy OS had the option to change the LED colour. I think it did, but not sure anymore. I do have different LED colours for different type of incoming messages on my Q10 though. Blue for BBM!

Posted via CB10
    I'm lost. Are you talking about the colour for the notifications (red) or the colour for the standby (green)? different colour support was available via third party apps though.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-16 11:03 AM
    I'm lost. Are you talking about the colour for the notifications (red) or the colour for the standby (green)? different colour support was available via third party apps though.

Posted via CB10
    Stand by was red. Low charge was yellow. I might be wrong. But I remember my bold blinking red.
    09-07-16 11:07 AM
    I wonder if none of the chips available right now are compatible. I mean if it was selling well they could have changed the chip inside. Be it exynos, kirin or Snapdragon.
    No, drivers need to be purchased. It would be a big investment for BB to do that.

skinnymike1 likes this.
    09-07-16 01:00 PM

Don't understand how is the leap is being manufactured then

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-07-16 01:05 PM

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    ... it doesn't have the same internals... Classic is same as Q10 and Z10...

09-07-16 01:29 PM
    ... it doesn't have the same internals... Classic is same as Q10 and Z10...

How is the leap exactly different?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-07-16 01:47 PM

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    I doubt very much that it is.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    09-07-16 01:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Which OS are you talking about? On BlackBerry 10, you can change the LED colour for different types of notifications. I myself have blue for BBM, yellow for WhatsApp and red for phone calls and emails...

I cannot seem to recall the situation for sure on legacy OS.. it does sound familiar that you needed third party apps for that, but I just am not certain any more.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-16 04:27 PM
    Which OS are you talking about? On BlackBerry 10, you can change the LED colour for different types of notifications. I myself have blue for BBM, yellow for WhatsApp and red for phone calls and emails...

I cannot seem to recall the situation for sure on legacy OS.. it does sound familiar that you needed third party apps for that, but I just am not certain any more.

Posted via CB10
    I still have that Bold. Its blinking is red.
    09-07-16 04:34 PM
    I still have that Bold. Its blinking is red.
    And, can you change it somewhere in the settings?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-16 04:34 PM
    And, can you change it somewhere in the settings?

Posted via CB10
    . Nope.
    09-07-16 04:35 PM
    I doubt that any BB10 device is still being manufactured. Consumer products are manufactured in production runs of a specific quantity. Just because something is still available directly from BlacBerry doesn't mean it is still being manufactured or that there will be another production run.

What's still selling today depends on both demand and current stock. I see that Staples Canada currently lists the Classic, Leap, Passport SE, Priv, DTEK50, as well as refurbished Z10s.
    09-07-16 05:16 PM
    No, drivers need to be purchased. It would be a big investment for BB to do that.

Everything seems to be "to big" of an investment for BlackBerry To bad as they were on top of the world once, it's like myspace and facebook! All about the marketing! #BB10UntilARTDiesForMe

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-07-16 07:51 PM
    I doubt that any BB10 device is still being manufactured. Consumer products are manufactured in production runs of a specific quantity. Just because something is still available directly from BlacBerry doesn't mean it is still being manufactured or that there will be another production run.

What's still selling today depends on both demand and current stock. I see that Staples Canada currently lists the Classic, Leap, Passport SE, Priv, DTEK50, as well as refurbished Z10s.
    Agreed. Having said that why did Chen make an EOL announcement specifically for the Classic -unless their Classic inventory to support enterprise customers was running much lower than the other models? I doubt if any BBOS production batches will be run going forward... Also, seems the 10.3.3 certification you mentioned has still not happened unless it is now being delayed by BlackBerry for some other reason.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-16 12:24 AM
    Take a look at the Mercury rendering at the end of the below article.

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/mobile...ase-date-price

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by TheGraduate; 09-08-16 at 02:14 AM.
    09-08-16 12:42 AM

http://www.techstackers.com/content....-The-Beginning

Posted via CB10
    It says "invalid attachment". Could you please post the pictures here?

Posted via CB10
    09-08-16 01:14 AM

http://www.techstackers.com/content....-The-Beginning

Posted via CB10
    Can't see any renderings.
    09-08-16 01:18 AM
    Sorry... updated the article address.

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/mobile...ase-date-price

Posted via CB10
    09-08-16 02:15 AM
    It would be quite a huge mistake for BlackBerry to release an all touch High-End device before the Mercury. Argon is supposed to be an High end device which could mean a price tag of around 600-700$. I am pretty sure no one coming from a different brand, so not a BlackBerry diehard, would spend the same or even more on a Blackberry in comparison to the new iphone 7 and the 7 edge when it's technically worse and has no unique standout features or a pkb. However the Mercury would have one with the pkb and could be a great device for former or current pkb users and due its productivity also an equal or even better solution for enterprises than the Argon

Posted via CB10
    09-08-16 04:58 AM
1,190 ... 1415161718 ...