According to lots of websites , the device will be properly announced at the mobile world Congress which is in Feb and then another month to be released,

So I'm expecting the device to be available say early March?

I think it's also cool they haven't given up on the specs and screen and software etc, it keeps the buzz going and interest hanging,

The phone has had some awesome reviews from all people and I think this might sell really well!

Can't wait to get mine.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    01-07-17 01:19 PM
    According to lots of websites , the device will be properly announced at the mobile world Congress which is in Feb and then another month to be released,

I think it's also cool they haven't given up on the specs and screen and software etc, it keeps the buzz going and interest hanging,

The phone has had some awesome reviews from all people and I think this might sell really well!

Can't wait to get mine.
    Agree. I wonder what they'll call it.
    engine54lt likes this.
    01-07-17 01:23 PM
    Better not be another DTEK series phone. What a stupid name.
    01-07-17 02:27 PM
    Better not be another DTEK series phone. What a stupid name.
    Yeah I'm thinking the same, probably a dtek70. 🤔
    01-07-17 04:11 PM
    Yeah I'm thinking the same, probably a dtek70. 🤔
    I'll take the name Mercury over that any day. I love their codenames more than the official ones. Always have. They're so good.
    01-07-17 11:45 PM
    Misleading thread title
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    01-08-17 01:42 AM
    MWC is end of Feb meaning launch would be end of March...
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    01-08-17 11:26 AM
    can't wait Verizon Mercury!!!
    JD_CB likes this.
    01-08-17 11:32 AM
    Exactly. The last day of MWC is March 2nd as well so my bet would be April at the earliest. If the first day of sale is in March, I would be VERY surprised.
    01-08-17 11:03 PM
    I'm upset that I just had to buy a new Priv two months ago after killing my first one. Now I'll have to wait even longer before I can buy the Mercury without feeling like I've wasted money on my new Priv.
    01-08-17 11:10 PM
    If device is ready at MWC as they are saying then I would guess pre-orders would start right at announcement and device likely be available within a week after.
    01-08-17 11:15 PM
    In the spirit of the Priv, how about BlackBerry Lav?
    01-09-17 06:33 AM
    I think April makes more sense. We saw a pre-production unit last week. They need to gear up manufacturing. And as we always hear, there are issues with manufacturing or shortages of one thing or another.

Have got to make the Passport and Priv last a little longer.

JOHN

Can't wait to get mine.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-09-17 06:48 AM
    This is the main reason they extended the whatsapp service by June to be EOL for BB10 so people can get Mercury by then.

Bad strategy by Blackberry they said they would focus on Software and they've no plans of extending BB10.

 Passport Silver Edition™
    01-09-17 07:10 AM
    This is the main reason they extended the whatsapp service by June to be EOL for BB10 so people can get Mercury by then.
    What is your source for this?
    01-09-17 08:20 AM
    What is your source for this?
    There is no source. BlackBerry had no say in the extension and I highly doubt whatsapp did them a favour.
    howarmat and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    01-09-17 08:20 AM
    There is no source. BlackBerry had no say in the extension and I highly doubt whatsapp did them a favour.
    That was, indeed, what I was implying.
    01-09-17 08:34 AM