Aak!! I hope this is untrue --
    "The BlackBerry Mercury was officially shown off publicly for the first time in Las Vegas this week, and should be officially launched LATER (?!?) this year."
    http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/...t-tcl-ces-2017
    Last edited by japsuki; 01-07-17 at 08:04 AM.
    01-07-17 06:38 AM
    "The BlackBerry Mercury was officially shown off publicly for the first time in Las Vegas this week, and should be officially launched LATER (?!?) this year."
    BlackBerry Mercury WILL be the LAST phone designed by BlackBerry | Tech | Life & Style | Daily Express
    February 27th is also "later this year". Tomorrow is also "later this year". This afternoon is still "later this year", we're not time travelling back to 2015 or 2009.

Chill out.
    01-07-17 08:20 AM
    Rolamd Quandt's hands-on video:
    https://t.co/h914DS9mFg
    01-07-17 02:26 PM
    http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/...t-tcl-ces-2017
    Um, next week is "later," so is next month, and 4 months from now, I don't get what part of that says anything.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-07-17 03:32 PM
    February 27th is also "later this year". Tomorrow is also "later this year". This afternoon is still "later this year", we're not time travelling back to 2015 or 2009.

Chill out.
    Lmao, thanks, didn't see you basically expressed what I wanted to before I also replied.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-07-17 03:33 PM
    Rolamd Quandt's hands-on video:
    https://t.co/h914DS9mFg
    Have you seen it? Has it already been posted?
    It's very positive. He says the keyboard is better than the Priv's. And a lot more positive things. Check it out!
    01-07-17 04:31 PM
    There's a new topic on the video.
    01-07-17 04:33 PM
    01-08-17 07:27 AM
    Maybe because there was nothing to review?
    The vids I saw suggest the writers had a preproduction device they wished to review but we're currently restrained from doing so. A couple clearly stated they had to keep their mouths shut, whether it's the specs or how Android is looking. We'll know more by the end of February.

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Classic with BB10 OS 10.3.3.2049 on at&t
    01-08-17 09:09 AM
    The vids I saw suggest the writers had a preproduction device they wished to review but we're currently restrained from doing so. A couple clearly stated they had to keep their mouths shut, whether it's the specs or how Android is looking. We'll know more by the end of February.
    They all reviewed the look and feel and they all liked it. And they all thought it was a good idea to bring a classic pkb BlackBerry back on the market.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    01-08-17 05:52 PM
    I think the PKB on the Priv sucks. Contrast with my view of it on the Passport -- my God, it's beautiful.

So yeah, it matters. At least to me it matters. On the Passport, and I assume on the Mercury, it had better be good because there is no other option (on-screen KB.) With the Priv there was, which is the only reason the device didn't get returned. As a VKB device with occasional pkb use I like the Priv.

Did I use the PKB on the Priv? Yes, sometimes. But if I had it ONLY as a means of entry I would have been very, very unhappy with it. On the Passport, by contrast, I didn't miss the VKB at all! In fact I was much faster with the PKB on the Passport than on any VKB before or since, and before the Passport I was driving a Z10.....

So yeah, if it's well-executed then it's IMHO a huge, huge win. But if not, then the device is a dead letter -- so when it comes to the PKB they have to​ get it right in order for it to sell.
    01-08-17 07:43 PM
36 12