The bb10 guys need to let that boat sail now, it's over guys. Your device officially has no more software support from anybody except maybe a few apps still on the BlackBerry store.

This is the perfect phone to move over to.

I do agree with everyone above , why pay a premium price for a mid ranged speccd phone.

Truth be told I don't mind paying 750 use for this if it has the best specs inside.

625 in it and sure yeah, il buy it but my eyes will wander at the other slaps with higher and better tech that I can get for cheaper and better.

In the end that's what a consumer is. Looking to get best value for money.

Still a great device though,

On a sour note. If there's no name for this and no specs have been leaked yet, this device won't be released to us very soon. I figure we got atleast couple months to wait.
    The key will be is this phone being made for consumers, or will it be made with Enterprise in mind?
    01-05-17 08:28 AM
    I just need it in all black , stealth look
    01-05-17 10:40 AM
    Yeah. As it is, it is hideous and cheap looking. Maybe those UK skins would cover up the silver front...
    anon(9169048) likes this.
    01-05-17 10:49 AM
    Quite frankly I think it looks awful. The top silver ear piece area looks cheap and tacked on and the finger-print reader/space-bar looks complete out of place. The whole thing looks like a chunky collection of several bits of other devices that have been glued together to make something that kinda-sorta resembles a BB Bold. The less said about that hideous lens housing on the rear the better I think.

Sorry, that's my opinion.
    mike kootnikoff likes this.
    01-05-17 03:14 PM
    As is, I think the Mercury would look good with a wood grain finish.
    01-05-17 05:14 PM
    I am in two extremes, either a red and black combo, which stands out, or like an OD green and black, to match my custom Springfield... ;-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-05-17 05:37 PM
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I find the style on this ugly. The teaser videos were in grayscale and had me expecting a jet black or matte black finish.
    It honestly dissapointed me as well. Its trying to be too much. If it was classic size and they fixed the issues the classic had and did it with Android I'd be very interested. Too big, probably very heavy and I'm not a fan of the iPod look on the top of it.
    01-05-17 05:40 PM
    no this device is only a lookalike Blackberry but never even close to what we are sued to.
    PKB for a start, non ergonomics keys, bulky space key, Samsung-like edges, and over length appearance.

it's an lookalike only device

Posted via -Passport -Classic / OS-10.3.++ is all you need
    01-06-17 07:14 AM
    TCL has answered this... Enterprise is the market they are going after. And they have also said that to reach those enterprise customers they know they need carrier support, so they are working on that very hard.
    01-06-17 10:01 AM
    TCL has answered this... Enterprise is the market they are going after. And they have also said that to reach those enterprise customers they know they need carrier support, so they are working on that very hard.
    Source?
    01-06-17 11:05 AM
    I saw Steve Cistulli talking about this. I think it was in the CNET coverage, after the TCL event.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-06-17 11:14 AM
    Source?
    cNet... they went to the BlackBerry Suite that TCL set up....

TCL plans to lean on the relationships with carriers that it has fostered over the last three years -- a problem BlackBerry struggled with as it faced limited distribution.

For the next year, consumers aren't likely to see the BlackBerry name on any billboards. TCL will focus on getting carriers to sell the phones to business customers. But Cistulli believes there is an opportunity to get it back into the consumer market once TCL stabilizes the core corporate segment.

https://www.cnet.com/news/blackberry...l-anyone-care/

Not a direct quote from Cistulli and from cNet... so take it or leave it. But they have pictures of the ROOM, don't see any reason they would just make that part up.
    KemKev likes this.
    01-06-17 11:29 AM
    Source?
    Jason Gerdon repeated what Steve Cistulli had said about TCL focusing on enterprise and developing their relationship with carriers in this Engadget interview.

KemKev likes this.
    01-06-17 05:33 PM
    My sentiments exactly. I'll buy it, but I wish the design was closer to the Q10/Classic.
    Q10 was all black and Classic had silver frame. Similar to 9780 being blacked out from 9700. I prefer a little bit of silver. It's not bad, but I can understand those folks who do not like this design. The top silver chin seems out of place and inconsistent with the rest of the front of the device
    01-06-17 05:37 PM
39 12