Anyone notice that the keys in the teaser video clips are clearly painted black but the reviewers holding the phone show that the keys are clear with letters underneath? Well, which one is it? Is it just because the phones they held were not production ready? See for yourself

Typed on the fantastic Pas§pört SE
    johnmarki likes this.
    01-05-17 12:43 AM
    Anyone notice that the keys in the teaser video clips are clearly painted black but the reviewers holding the phone show that the keys are clear with letters underneath? Well, which one is it? Is it just because the phones they held were not production ready? See for yourself
    Any one notice that the teaser videos were based on computer generated renders?
    Uzi and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    01-05-17 12:48 AM
    Any one notice that the teaser videos were based on computer generated renders?
    Really? Didn't notice.
    01-05-17 12:49 AM
    I tried to upload some snap shots but the app would let me for some reason. What does the fact that the teaser videos being made from a render have anything to do with it? Can they not render their own phone correctly?

johnmarki likes this.
    01-05-17 01:00 AM
    I tried to upload some snap shots but the app would let me for some reason. What does the fact that the teaser videos being made from a render have anything to do with it? Can they not render their own phone correctly.
    Even if you could make more realistic renders, everyone seems to love these clean shiny beautiful computer generated creations.
    Then, when we get actual real world photographs, there are complaints about ugly smears, dust, and imperfections.
    01-05-17 10:04 AM
    Even if you could make more realistic renders, everyone seems to love these clean shiny beautiful computer generated creations.
    Then, when we get actual real world photographs, there are complaints about ugly smears, dust, and imperfections.
    It's not a complaint about dust or imperfections. It's clearly a different design on the keys. In the real phone, the numbers bleed through at an angle because the buttons are clear. If that's how they wanted to do it, they could have easily put it in the render

johnmarki likes this.
    01-05-17 11:11 AM
    It's not a complaint about dust or imperfections. It's clearly a different design on the keys. In the real phone, the numbers bleed through at an angle because the buttons are clear. If that's how they wanted to do it, they could have easily put it in the render.
    According to Sascha Segan at PC Magazine, "they are still working on the keyboard" so maybe it will be different in the production version.
    01-05-17 12:54 PM
    They said clearly that this wasn't a final*unit, and I PRAY that they switch that ugly keyboard out. The clear*layer makes it looks so cheap. Love the look of the*phone otherwise, though.
    johnmarki likes this.
    01-05-17 07:50 PM
    They said clearly that this wasn't a final*unit, and I PRAY that they switch that ugly keyboard out. The clear*layer makes it looks so cheap. Love the look of the*phone otherwise, though.
    Yah, chipping paint is so much better than a keyboard you particularly don't like the look of.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-05-17 08:35 PM
    Haven't had any chipping paint on any of my BB10 device keyboards. Is that really a common problem? Because I 100% agree the solid black keys look way better
    johnmarki and Q10Bold like this.
    01-05-17 11:25 PM
    Haven't had any chipping paint on any of my BB10 device keyboards. Is that really a common problem? Because I 100% agree the solid black keys look way better
    I've had it on one Q10, but some friends' keyboards were so bad you couldn't even see the letters, it was just almost al clear letting the backlight shine completely through, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-05-17 11:43 PM
    keyboard on that device look horrible!
    the bulk of the space key with its fingerprint sensor for a start, not to mention the flatish non ergonomic design, no way near what the Classic providing already, even the style of the Passport is better.

Posted via -Passport -Classic / OS-10.3.++ is all you need
    johnmarki likes this.
    01-06-17 07:08 AM
    I felt like the odd-man-out for thinking the keyboard and its styling were a poor choice for this phone. But now, not so much. Personally, I would have used the exact keyboard look and feel of the 9900 or Classic. While I haven't used the Mercury pkb or even saw it in-person, I can conclude from the images and videos that this keyboard is NOT the pkb I was personally wanting. Hopefully it is "subject to change" but I'm not going to wait around.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    01-06-17 07:54 AM