Joint Venture shares the risk between the companies.
    Blackberry isn't part of the joint venture - that seems to be a misunderstanding in some of the press.
    11-20-16 01:50 PM
    ... Anyways, I don't know what else do we need to know apart from Chen's latest statement.
    I'm sure Chen wants to see the Mercury released as soon as we do, but does "coming soon" mean "I've already got the deal done to manufacture it" or does it mean "I'm very close to making a deal"?
    11-20-16 02:09 PM
    That is the Joint Venture - Blackberry isn't a part of that.
    The term "joint venture" implies they are a part of it. If it is actually a joint venture.
    11-20-16 02:11 PM
    Blackberry isn't part of the joint venture - that seems to be a misunderstanding in some of the press.
    BLACKBERRY ANNOUNCES FIRST MAJOR DEVICE SOFTWARE LICENSING AGREEMENT WITH JOINT VENTURE PT BB MERAH PUTIH

Waterloo, ON and Jakarta, Indonesia – 28 September 2016 – BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a global software leader in securing, connecting and mobilizing enterprises, announced an agreement with newly formed joint venture PT BB Merah Putih to license BlackBerry software and services for the production of handsets for the Indonesian market.

BLACKBERRY ANNOUNCES FIRST MAJOR DEVICE SOFTWARE LICENSING AGREEMENT WITH JOINT VENTURE PT BB MERAH PUTIH -
    11-20-16 02:15 PM
    I'm sure Chen wants to see the Mercury released as soon as we do, but does "coming soon" mean "I've already got the deal done to manufacture it" or does it mean "I'm very close to making a deal"?
    It means it is coming before February 27th
    11-20-16 03:07 PM
    The term "joint venture" implies they are a part of it. If it is actually a joint venture.
    BLACKBERRY ANNOUNCES FIRST MAJOR DEVICE SOFTWARE LICENSING AGREEMENT WITH JOINT VENTURE PT BB MERAH PUTIH

Waterloo, ON and Jakarta, Indonesia � 28 September 2016 � BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a global software leader in securing, connecting and mobilizing enterprises, announced an agreement with newly formed joint venture PT BB Merah Putih to license BlackBerry software and services for the production of handsets for the Indonesian market.

BLACKBERRY ANNOUNCES FIRST MAJOR DEVICE SOFTWARE LICENSING AGREEMENT WITH JOINT VENTURE PT BB MERAH PUTIH -

they aren't part of the Joint Venture.

we have nothing to do with the JV, we are not part of the JV. We are licensing our technology and brand to this JV.

The JV was set up - the JV partners are not only the distributors of telcos and the telephone companies in - a number of them by the way is just led by this particular organization called Tiphone, which is the largest I guess holding - holders of the JV.

The JV is actually an Indonesian entity, developed and put together by them, specifically focused on BlackBerry and distributing BlackBerry handset in Indonesia. All we did was we licensed this JV our brand and the - and all the software. So that�s number one. Before I move on that that�s clear, right, I mean, okay. So therefore it�s definitely above the line not below the line because we are no partner to JV.
    BlackBerry's (BBRY) CEO John Chen on Q2 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript | Seeking Alpha
    BB-JAM215 likes this.
    11-20-16 03:45 PM
    Mercury Dead/Alive/AWOL/?-1479780095271.jpg

Phasing out in house manufacturing distribution and marketing - - - clear enough
    11-21-16 08:02 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1479780095271.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	412696

Phasing out in house manufacturing distribution and marketing - - - clear enough
    I don't think anyone was questioning that.
    11-21-16 08:42 PM
258 ... 91011