What was the date for these tweets?
    Maybe Marty meant he expects there will be a new device with a licensed BlackBerry physical keyboard.
    10-27-16 05:59 PM
    The confusion continues...

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 05:59 PM
    They are from 4 hours ago
    10-27-16 06:14 PM
    As for the rest of your comments, all I have to say on those are... I've been saying all along that the supposed renders of the Mercury look too good for a device supposedly built by BlackBerry. I'm not talking about Dylan's renders, just those initial ones that popped up that Dylan based his off of.
    Argh, that's totally ambiguous Bro! Are you working for BlackBerry now? =)

Somebody put me out of my misery. On the upside, I'm getting more adept at using the Priv keyboard.

Oh well, if the Mercury doesn't release I'll have more discretionary dough to sink into the Microsoft Surface Studio, hah. That thing looks beautiful. Who'd a thunk that Microsoft could copy Apple so completely and then 'one up them'?
    10-27-16 06:18 PM
    "The Priv won't be OUR last!"
    10-27-16 06:20 PM
    "The Priv won't be OUR last!"
    The Priv may not be their last keyboard device partnership with a manufacturer, but any as Marty's boss John Chen has made clear, there will be not be any risk to BlackBerry with any new partnerships, since BlackBerry will only be licensing security features, apps, and maybe even a keyboard to the manufacturer -- and can only make money on the deal.
    10-27-16 06:29 PM
    there will be not be any risk to BlackBerry with any new partnerships, since BlackBerry will only be licensing security features,...l.
    From now on? Or from the next fiscal year?
    10-27-16 06:45 PM
    My understanding is that this is BlackBerry's current plan for any future devices.
    10-27-16 07:05 PM
    From the next fiscal year coupled with the Dtek60 being announced as their last phone - what more needs to be said?
    JeepBB and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    10-28-16 02:56 AM
    Well, which ever way it goes...we'll know within six months for sure.
    10-28-16 06:18 AM
    Ah, the CB community. Either you're way too optimistic or way too pessimistic. Nothing in between.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    mricantshoot likes this.
    10-28-16 11:00 AM
    So with this new tweet, I have a few questions....
    1. Who is this person that's sending out yet another conflicting message?
    2. Why are they f'king with our emotion?
    10-28-16 07:01 PM
    So with this new tweet, I have a few questions....
    1. Who is this person that's sending out yet another conflicting message?
    2. Why are they f'king with our emotion?
    What conflicting message??? The only thing people seem to get confused over is who would be designing and building the devices. They have said that you should expect a pkb device coming in the future in pretty much every one of their comments.

10-28-16 08:16 PM
    Well, I'm certainly not holding my breath.

The problem with the licensing scheme is how much value does BlackBerry place on their name, vs how much does everyone else? A potential partner could just walk, put their own name on a pkb phone if they want, and just slap stock Android or even Cyanogen (there was at least one maker doing that I think) on it and not give BlackBerry squat. What does the maker need BlackBerry for if the maker still does all the work?

They might miss out on the DTEK app and BlackBerry's customized Android, but the vast majority of the market doesn't care. In fact, selling it with Cyanogen pre-installed would attract a lot more buzz and attention than BlackBerry Android.

So again, what does a potential licensor need BlackBerry for?

Posted on my Model M
    10-28-16 08:27 PM
    What conflicting message??? The only thing people seem to get confused over is who would be designing and building the devices. They have said that you should expect a pkb device coming in the future in pretty much every one of their comments.

Yes but people here are taking it as a cheap device that will only be available in Indonesia.
    Last edited by ray689; 10-28-16 at 09:12 PM.
    10-28-16 08:27 PM
    Have you see the xiaomi MI mix looks awesome!
    MI mix is for China only. Unless you can read Chinese.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    10-28-16 08:43 PM
    Without getting all of that
    Thurber did say in an interview he's happy with how the DTEK50 is selling
    But I wouldn't buy too much into it

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Marty Beard was also happy with PRIV sales and we all know how that turned out on April Fool's day

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 02:02 AM
    Yes but people here are taking it as a cheap device that will only be available in Indonesia.
    Well because on current information - if it arrives in next six months that is the only partner company that exists.
    10-29-16 02:06 AM
    And you believe these psychics? Everyone just throws every speculation out there hoping something would stick. Just wait and see, stop listening to what some random person on the internet might happen or "most likely" would happen.

Karan Riar likes this.
    10-29-16 02:16 AM
    MI mix is for China only. Unless you can read Chinese.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    You can order it anywhere in the world. So no, it is not for China only.
    10-29-16 03:00 AM
    And you believe these psychics?
    What psychics - we know two things:

a) BBRY only has one licensee - based in Indonesia
    b) The dtek60 is their last phone as discussed at launch.

You don't need to be psychic to understand that a & b means either you need another licence-holder or the partner in Indonesia has to make the phone.

You can only get around that with conjunction about secret partners.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-29-16 06:23 AM
    So, the menthality here got worsened in the meanwhile. Do not understand the blaming!

Several officials confirmed: A PBK-device will come soon !!! If there is written Blackberry on the front, HTC or PT BB Merah Putih doesn't bother me, most important: there will be a PBK in the future !!!

This is funny ... we got confirmed there will be sunny weather in the future, and the people here are still guessing, from which direction the sun will shine ...
    10-29-16 08:18 AM
    This is funny ... we got confirmed there will be sunny weather in the future, and the people here are still guessing, from which direction the sun will shine ...
    Problem is...for some officials there will always be sunny weather when their job is to create hype and sell devices.

Problem is...some officials talk about new devices all the time because that is their job, while others are busy laying people off and shutting down the device business.

BlackBerry decided a long time ago it was a wise strategy to contradict themselves and send confusing signals to their customers, and to the market.

It is now clear that since 2013 they have simply been decelerating the collapse of their device business to ease the transition to software...investing millions back into devices so they still lose money, but can spread the loss over a larger time span and ease the impact on their customers and employees. And I believe if you look back at the various statements they have made over the past few years that is definitely ONE of the messages they have been sending out.

Unfortunately it has been (and continues to be) far from the ONLY message...
    10-29-16 09:44 AM
    BlackBerry decided a long time ago it was a wise strategy to contradict themselves and send confusing signals to their customers, and to the market.
    Yes I've come to the conclusion that it's a deliberate strategy rather than miscommunication - obviously except in the earnings call when they all know that they have to be careful what they say.
    10-29-16 10:03 AM
    So, the menthality here got worsened in the meanwhile. Do not understand the blaming!

Several officials confirmed: A PBK-device will come soon !!! If there is written Blackberry on the front, HTC or PT BB Merah Putih doesn't bother me, most important: there will be a PBK in the future !!!

Nobody knows for sure what will be happening. But since this is CB, the place where everyone likes to voice their speculation as fact hoping it would come true so they could pat themselves in the back, and how every speculation has to be either overly optimistic or overly pessimistic (nothing in between), this is the result. I think I lost count how many people said the dtek 60 has been cancelled or never existed. Now they've moved on to the Mercury. I have to say, eventually they'll probably get it right, haha.

But anyway, I'm the guy in the middle. We don't know right now what the state of the Mercury or any other pkb device is in unfortunately...

10-29-16 10:04 AM
258 12345 ...