Hello everybody! I'm having an issue with the MercadoLibre app (e-commerce platform). When I try to login, it asks to select a verification method (SMS, push notification or phone call), but when I try to select an option it does nothing. The option turns grey like I just selected it but it doesn't seem to respond. This issue happens with every KeyONE that I've tried and it works perfectly in all other phones, including other with Android 8.1.

A few months ago, I solved the issue by enabling authentication with the Google Authenticator app, but that doesn't work anymore. It shows the 6 boxes to enter the code but it keeps saying "Wrong code" even when the code works perfectly on another device.
    Also, when I enter the code, the cursor position doesn't move from one box to the next automatically, I have to move to the next box manually.

This makes me suspect there is something specific about the KeyONE that is preventing the app from rendering the authentication process properly, but I haven't been able to pinpoint exactly what it is.

I have googled this issue and there are several similar reports, all of them on KeyONEs.

Already tried changing the screen ratio in developer options, enabling webview, and of course deleting cache, reinstalling the app, factory resetting and I can't make it work.

I wonder if any of you have any suggestions or have encountered a similar problem.

Thanks!
    02-11-21 01:59 PM
    Hello everybody! I'm having an issue with the MercadoLibre app (e-commerce platform). When I try to login, it asks to select a verification method (SMS, push notification or phone call), but when I try to select an option it does nothing. The option turns grey like I just selected it but it doesn't seem to respond. This issue happens with every KeyONE that I've tried and it works perfectly in all other phones, including other with Android 8.1.

A few months ago, I solved the issue by enabling authentication with the Google Authenticator app, but that doesn't work anymore. It shows the 6 boxes to enter the code but it keeps saying "Wrong code" even when the code works perfectly on another device.
    Also, when I enter the code, the cursor position doesn't move from one box to the next automatically, I have to move to the next box manually.

This makes me suspect there is something specific about the KeyONE that is preventing the app from rendering the authentication process properly, but I haven't been able to pinpoint exactly what it is.

I have googled this issue and there are several similar reports, all of them on KeyONEs.

Already tried changing the screen ratio in developer options, enabling webview, and of course deleting cache, reinstalling the app, factory resetting and I can't make it work.

I wonder if any of you have any suggestions or have encountered a similar problem.

Thanks!
    Have to provided feedback to the developer on Google Play?

It's unlikely you can solve this on your own.
    02-11-21 03:17 PM
    Have to provided feedback to the developer on Google Play?

It's unlikely you can solve this on your own.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I did that but haven't heard back.

Since the app goes through Chrome webview for authentication, I came to the conclusion that there seems to be a problem with Chrome on the KeyONE because the same issue happens if I go to the MercadoLibre website instead of the app. I just can't login because verification doesn't work. However, it works perfectly if I switch to desktop mode.

Can anyone with a KeyONE try going to mercadopago.com? You can tell there's something wrong because there's a pop-up to accept cookies and you can't click on it. And if I go to "Ingresa" (Login) I get a recaptcha all the time, unless I switch to desktop mode.

Seems like something specific about the KeyONE is preventing the site from loading properly. Maybe something related to security? Already tried fiddling with Chrome settings but nothing seems to work.
    02-15-21 04:05 PM