Ok so I was one of the ones that queued up at Selfridge at launch day and posted pictures. I have had every Blackberry that has come out pretty much since 2004

Therefore I wanted the Keyone to be my daily driver so Bad !

I knows it's each of us to their own but it is just to laggy and Buggy for me to depend on . A few times a month it just does something that costs me a few hours on a busy business day . Stuttering , hanging etc . I even tried taking half my 60 apps off and getting to 2.4ghz of 2.8 used but still not good enough as a daily workhouse driver

Anyway selling it to a colleague today and will buy the Iphone 8 next month but still hope BB mobile next one will be compelling enough to try again

I am no Apple Store fanboy but ios is buttery smooth and every app is on point

Hope people can appreciate me writing this and giving my point of view

Best of luck all you K1 out there
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 08-21-17 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language removed
    08-21-17 06:40 AM
    I'm sorry to hear that. As from my screen shot, my phone is pretty similar in terms of apps and memory usage, yet I have never experienced any of the lag you talk about. Hopefully we'll see you back in the family again someday soon.

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure and utterly satisfying mobile device
    Attached Thumbnails Me and the KEYone are done-9089.jpg  
    duncan86 and Vaughn Mises like this.
    08-21-17 06:53 AM
    Sounds like my failed attempt to migrate to Priv... I call it the dark ages that lasted about a year... clearing cache once a week, laggy email access, constant heating up, poor enterprise integration was not my cup of tea... however, I am sure that you will discover new issues w iOS. I am back on my Passport now and have a better appreciation of what it offers.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-17 06:56 AM
    Sounds like my failed attempt to migrate to Priv... I call it the dark ages that lasted about a year... clearing cache once a week, laggy email access, constant heating up, poor enterprise integration was not my cup of tea... however, I am sure that you will discover new issues w iOS. I am back on my Passport now and have a better appreciation of what it offers.

Posted via CB10
    Passport would be great with an updated ecosystem. Alas, that isn't going to happen. PRIV and KEYone are vastly different hardware and OS. When the KEYone is all kinked out, it should be a really good device. The PRIV was a good first attempt for Android device.

PRIV was like Q10 at BB10 rollout. KEYone is like the Classic or Passport in comparison with 10.2.1 available.
    duncan86 and chinmay007 like this.
    08-21-17 07:16 AM
    OP, you should have tried a factory reset. Something isn't right, and that may have cleared it up.
    duncan86 likes this.
    08-21-17 07:27 AM
    You could argue that the iPhone is the bb for our age , the spiritual successor if u like, due to the bespoke software and hardware integration.

I do love the keyone though and it's gonna take a lot to prise me away.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-21-17 07:41 AM
    You could argue that the iPhone is the bb for our age , the spiritual successor if u like, due to the bespoke software and hardware integration.

Blasphemy! LOL

Posted via CB10
    Mercuryuser likes this.
    08-21-17 07:53 AM
    I have to agree with conite on this one. I have 116 apps on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ including a G-Suite "work space" and 7 email accounts. I haven't had any of the issues described in the original post.

There has to be something else going on, either hardware or software.
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    08-21-17 08:05 AM
    Bet he copied from his old phone and carried a bug over.
    08-21-17 09:25 AM
    I'm sorry to hear that. As from my screen shot, my phone is pretty similar in terms of apps and memory usage, yet I have never experienced any of the lag you talk about. Hopefully we'll see you back in the family again someday soon.

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure and utterly satisfying mobile device
    Yeah too bad for the OP. As Conite posted... factory reset probably could have fixed the issues,.

Here's my screenshot and like you...no problems as this workhorse of a phone does all.
    Attached Thumbnails Me and the KEYone are done-screenshot_20170821-074949.jpg  
    08-21-17 09:53 AM
    That's a lot of apps! Great phone. Can't imagine having to buy a slab instead. That would suck!

08-21-17 10:06 AM
    That's a lot of apps! Great phone. Can't imagine having to buy a slab instead. That would suck!

^ This. It's only when I started using my KEYone (my first non slab since 9900 in 2012) that I realized how boring slabs are. Every year it's the same, who has higher res screen, storage, RAM and mp's bla bla. No one takes any risk with form factor anymore.
    mbirth and phuoc like this.
    08-21-17 10:19 AM
    ...A few times a month it just does something that costs me a few hours on a busy business day . Stuttering , hanging etc . I even tried taking half my 60 apps off and getting to 2.4ghz of 2.8 used but still not good enough as a daily workhouse driver...
    I have 97 apps on my device without any problem. However, when I disabled HUB and starting to use the Gmail app and BlueMail for other mail, I noticed a significant improvement in overall performance.
    Also, like I did with all smartphone I ever owned, I restart my phone every single morning as "good practice". In the earlier days with BlackBerry, I did a daily battery pull.

A (very) good reason to switch as a business user right now is the notifications issue.

Can't go wrong with the iPhone in my opinion. A notification light would be a killer feature :-)
    08-21-17 11:03 AM

Here are my 4 screens with the first 3 pretty much OEM with some shortcuts added/replaced but the 4th is where all my 193 apps are neatly organized in folders alphabetically.

Sent from my CB Meet Vancouver KEYᵒⁿᵉ
    Attached Thumbnails Me and the KEYone are done-screenshot_20170821-084038.jpg   Me and the KEYone are done-screenshot_20170821-084046.jpg   Me and the KEYone are done-screenshot_20170821-084054.jpg   Me and the KEYone are done-screenshot_20170821-084059.jpg  
    08-21-17 11:37 AM
    Ok so I was one of the ones that queued up at Selfridge at launch day and posted pictures. I have had every Blackberry that has come out pretty much since 2004

I knows it's each of us to their own but it is just to laggy and Buggy for me to depend on . A few times a month it just does something that costs me a few hours on a busy business day . Stuttering , hanging etc . I even tried taking half my 60 apps off and getting to 2.4ghz of 2.8 used but still not good enough as a daily workhouse driver

Anyway selling it to a colleague today and will buy the Iphone 8 next month but still hope BB mobile next one will be compelling enough to try again

I am no Apple Store fanboy but God damn ios is buttery smooth and every app is on point

that's unfortunate to hear.. I've mine since launch day here in California, and quite honestly it's the most PERFECT phone that i've ever used or owned!! I have none of the problems you speak of and have had a buttery smooth experience since day one. Granted i did have about 6mo to get used to android (via a used Galaxy S5, which i disliked in many aspects) while waiting for the KEYone to launch so I had the opportunity to learn and research how to optimize android.. so maybe that is the difference? I have 77 apps installed according to my settings screen.
    08-21-17 12:11 PM
    ^ This. It's only when I started using my KEYone (my first non slab since 9900 in 2012) that I realized how boring slabs are. Every year it's the same, who has higher res screen, storage, RAM and mp's bla bla. No one takes any risk with form factor anymore.
    What risk should they take... what rewards would there be?

Sorry but "programming" (television and movies) have shaped the displays of today. What most users want is the largest display they can get and still be portable. A keyboard get in the way of this. A long with being more costly to produce and support.

Now if BlackBerry manged to sell millions of KEYones, I'm sure we will see other PKB devices. If they only sell a couple hundred thousand, then clip on attachments is probable the future for the few that feel they must have a PKB.

FYI... many of the OEM today, have at one time made keyboard devices.... they know what the risk is.
    08-21-17 01:22 PM
    What risk should they take... what rewards would there be?

Sorry but "programming" (television and movies) have shaped the displays of today. What most users want is the largest display they can get and still be portable. A keyboard get in the way of this. A long with being more costly to produce and support.

Now if BlackBerry manged to sell millions of KEYones, I'm sure we will see other PKB devices. If they only sell a couple hundred thousand, then clip on attachments is probable the future for the few that feel they must have a PKB.

FYI... many of the OEM today, have at one time made keyboard devices.... they know what the risk is.
    Im sure a manufacturer like Samsung can afford to take a small risk in developing a mid or even entry level smartphone with PKB, as there still ARE users who want/need it. If only TCL makes them, that's not much for us to hold on to in the future
    08-21-17 01:32 PM

That is truly hilarious in so many ways.

An insult and compliment to both, all rolled up into one.
    08-21-17 01:37 PM
    OP, you should have tried a factory reset. Something isn't right, and that may have cleared it up.
    He should at least tell his colleague to do it so he can enjoy a smooth-running and polished KEYone.
    08-21-17 01:52 PM
    This. Whatever was with the OP device happening is not normal.
    08-21-17 01:55 PM
    That is truly hilarious in so many ways.

An insult and compliment to both, all rolled up into one.
    I aim to please.
    08-21-17 03:07 PM
    Very unfortunate for the OP.
    I have seen a few issues, especially when calling and the app can freeze a lot of times.

However I have seen improvements after recent updates and by removing Snapchat.

As for iPhone, I've got an iPhone 7 Plus but to be honest the feeling of KEYᵒⁿᵉ in hand is good that I hardly think of changing my sim and go back to an iPhone. I'm pretty sure the upcoming Note 8 and iPhone 8 are tempting but am sure after the honeymoon period, I will definitely go back to KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

It's so hard to type long posts / emails etc on those phones without getting frustrated.
    08-21-17 04:36 PM
    I have 97 apps on my device without any problem. However, when I disabled HUB and starting to use the Gmail app and BlueMail for other mail, I noticed a significant improvement in overall performance.
    Also, like I did with all smartphone I ever owned, I restart my phone every single morning as "good practice". In the earlier days with BlackBerry, I did a daily battery pull.

A (very) good reason to switch as a business user right now is the notifications issue.

Can't go wrong with the iPhone in my opinion. A notification light would be a killer feature :-)
    Very good points, while I love my Passport it is starting to slow down. I grabbed a Priv to play with, the learning curve is sharp. Conite suggest a few things with Android. While I think it is growing on me I feel.......don't laugh. Dirty using a non OS 10 phone. When I jump over to Apple it just works very smooth. Can be a little vanilla but that can be good as well. Hub with a notification light on an I phone...........pheeeeew......I need a cigarette.

Lol
    Daruba and Yan974 like this.
    08-21-17 05:46 PM

I am no Apple Store fanboy but ios is buttery smooth and every app is on point

My kid has my iPad and only thing is used for is watching YouTube videos. Sorry ios is boring os. Nothing exciting about.
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 08-21-17 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Edited quote
    Bart Brewinski likes this.
    08-21-17 08:12 PM
    I have KEYone for a day now but so far so good. If iPhone and KEYone were same price I would still pick BlackBerry
    duncan86 likes this.
    08-21-17 08:15 PM
39 12