How do I listen to music, view photos or watch videos? I don't want to use anything Google. I don't see any widgets or methods to accomplish this. Do I have to download apps just to do this?
    07-30-17 11:25 PM
    If you don't want to use the Google apps (and I don't blame you, not a fan of them either).

Then yes, yes you do.
    07-30-17 11:30 PM
    yeah you'd have to download apps or use Chrome to watch video clips from websites, though the main website for videos is of course YouTube which is of course owned by Google.

if you subscribe to HBO or Showtime, you could download their apps in Google Play.

not to sound rude, but why did you get an Android but not want to use anything Google?
    07-30-17 11:30 PM
    NP don't consider it a rude question. I basically am forced into Android by BlackBerry. I don't like Apple and I don't like Google either.
    07-30-17 11:52 PM
    If you don't want to use the Google apps (and I don't blame you, not a fan of them either).

Then yes, yes you do.
    Any suggestion on what apps to use?
    07-30-17 11:53 PM
    BlackPlayer for music is amazing. Highly recommend downloading it. Very customizable and great UI.

I use the stock photos App but I'm not really into taking many pics.
    07-31-17 01:30 AM
    for music, I use Phonograph. it's free! (and I'd totally pay for it). it's dead simple and I recommend it for everyone
    (note: I get all of my music from DatPiff/BandCamp downloads, for streaming I use Spotify Premium)

videos (if you mean streaming videos), I guess id just download a third party browser from the Play Store. Opera and Firefox have been good to me in the past.

photos? the only third party viewer app I've used was QuickPic. it's well reviewed, simple to operate and functional.
    07-31-17 08:54 AM
    Piktures is recommended by many. But there are tons of photo viewing apps.
    07-31-17 09:08 AM