11-01-18 07:16 PM
460 ... 171819
tools
    After a couple months use of my KeyOne, the phone suddenly stopped connecting to the t-mobile 4G LTE network. This was about 5 days ago. Tmobil switched my SIM card out with no improvement. I traveled between DC and Seattle this week with Seattle being the worst reception. Here at my house with a cell spot, it will connect to the LTE signal. Though, it requires a pretty low dBm.

So, what happened to my K1? Is there a setting that changed mysteriously? Is there something wrong with the phone?

Help
    10-27-18 10:10 AM
    You could try a network settings reset (under wireless and networks). It will also forget your wifi and bluetooth networks but otherwise nondestructive quick fix that might be worth a try.
    10-27-18 01:02 PM
    I've now had my KEYone For 14 months. Using AT&T locked in their network in Maryland/Virginia/DC and traveling across the country, I haven't had any problems with my radio signals. I can't speak for anyone else.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-27-18 01:05 PM
    @everyone - Please make your voices & suggestions heard through Blackberry customer survey. Whatsoever issues you faced, This is the right time to make your voice heard.
    10-28-18 06:40 PM
    Blackberry technical help believes there is an antenna problem with the phone and is replacing it with a refurbished phone. I had the option of send my phone in for service, but was convinced by BB that a refurb would be like new.

The tech support person I worked with was very nice and patient through the process.

David
    11-01-18 06:10 AM
    I would like to chime in and add to the case of a bad antenna or something on the KEYone. A coworker of mine has an Android device on AT&T just like I do and he gets 4 bars. I get one and we're standing right next to each other. Professionally speaking, I simply cannot afford to have dropped calls. Coming from the Passport with the same provider, service was at least better than this. I'm looking into getting rid of this thing asap.
    11-01-18 07:55 AM
    I would like to chime in and add to the case of a bad antenna or something on the KEYone. A coworker of mine has an Android device on AT&T just like I do and he gets 4 bars. I get one and we're standing right next to each other. Professionally speaking, I simply cannot afford to have dropped calls. Coming from the Passport with the same provider, service was at least better than this. I'm looking into getting rid of this thing asap.
    I use AT&T branded KEYone and have been extremely vocal regarding coverage issues for me regarding lack of WFC and VoLTE on my device.

That being said, I don’t believe using the number of “bars” is truly indicative of actual signal and strength of that signal. Many times, I barely show any signal, however I’m able to make and receive calls. I dual carry with an iPhone and I have no measurable difference in service either way. If anything, my KEYone seems to handle poor signal better in some areas which is what leads me to believe that bar indicator doesn’t uniformly indicate across devices.
    11-01-18 08:32 AM
    Go to the playstore and install Network Cell Info Lite (free) this will give you the real signal and show you what band you are on and where the tower is located you are connecting to.

The Keyone antenna band is right down where you hold your phone and this will impact the signal. I lived with it for about a week, then gave it back to ATT because it was so bad. The KeyTwo LE is better.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-18 08:46 AM
    I think there is sufficient documentation here and elsewhere that the K1 has reception problems in areas with weak signal - compared to many other contemporary phones.

People who don’t experience any reception problems usually never stay in weak reception areas long enough, or don’t notice losing signal when moving through weak signal areas, as nobody stares at the screen constantly nor uses the phone 7*24 hours with no interruption.

Those who really are affected by this problem are typically people who happen to live or work in a weak reception area - this is how the problem becomes obvious very quickly.
    I live in a weak signal area, using gsm sim cards for my key1.
    I definitely got worse signal (compared to my s8), robot voice calls, and dropped calls!
    11-01-18 12:46 PM
    Just found out that replacing my K1 is out of its free replacement period. A warranty replacement is on the way. Before trying the new warranty device, I will try my current K1 at a new job starting next week in a more urban area of Buffalo. Either way I'm stuck paying for one of these devices due to a contract. I'm hoping for a clean fix or a smooth ride until a truly premium K3 comes out.
    11-01-18 07:16 PM
460 ... 171819