So when on a call...one button disconnects, the other mutes, the mic is terrible and when making a call..the keypad screen looses its numbers when you dial.

Thinking of getting a different phone here
    TomasTT likes this.
    06-06-17 10:37 AM
    Gee. I don't make or receive many actual phone calls but the ones I have had have been clear with no problems with disconnect etc.
    murphy_thom likes this.
    06-06-17 10:56 AM
    Ever since the iPhone the whole 'making a call' experience has gone downhill and the Keyone I hoped would be different but it's not. Maybe I've got a duff one I don't know until I swap it out later this week..but somethings won't change like the stupid buttons disconnecting you and muting the call!
    Also the 'disappearing numbers' when keying in numbers is now reported by others...so that's a bug which can be fixed.
    06-06-17 11:50 AM
    what buttons can disconnect the call? I was hoping the power button disconnected the call, but it just turns off the screen.. Lol!

Anyway, I don't like the Incoming Call Screen with the stupid swipe right to answer, left to reject, and up to text, so I replaced that dialer with GOOGLE PHONE 7.0 apk that was modified for use in non-nexus phones from APKMirror... that has been working perfectly!!! (one minor thing is the call log lists answered calls as "missed" tho) I love the swipe up to answer, swipe down for reject, and if i did want to text, there's a touch button on the lower left corner

I am very satisfied with the Google Phone 7.0 Dialer
    FF22 likes this.
    06-06-17 01:29 PM
    So when on a call...one button disconnects, the other mutes, the mic is terrible and when making a call..the keypad screen looses its numbers when you dial.

The google play store has many options for different dialer apps. ASUS Contacts is an excellent choice, however I am loving the Google Phone 7.0 app (had to download the modified version for non-nexus phones from APKMirror)

Other ones that get good reviews are drupe, contacts+, etc.

The best thing about android is if you don't like something, 9 times out of 10 you can customize it if you look hard enough!
    06-06-17 01:35 PM
    Oh cool I didn't know I could get other dialling apps. I will try one.
    BTW the 'numbers disappearing' problem is because of the 'left swipe delete' gesture coming in to play when it shouldn't
    06-06-17 02:21 PM
    I don't make a lot of calls, but due to complaints on CB I have been taking my Keyone with me when I walk the dogs to test it. So far the biggest annoyance is me accidentally hitting the convenience key which mutes the call. So I tried speaker phone instead so that I wouldn't accidentally hit the mute and the speaker phone was awful in the great outdoors. It seems it doesn't have a noise cancelling capability. I hope they can let us disable the mute on the convenience key at some point as that is a real pain as it is too easy to accidentally hit while talking on the phone. However regular calls are nice and clear so far. I will continue to test it in my hood.
    06-06-17 03:03 PM
    I am on the phone at least 3-5 talktime hours a day. I make and receive numerous calls. Zero issues. Mine works great and, despite the time on calls, battery is still amazing.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-06-17 03:19 PM
    I don't make a lot of calls, but due to complaints on CB I have been taking my Keyone with me when I walk the dogs to test it. So far the biggest annoyance is me accidentally hitting the convenience key which mutes the call. So I tried speaker phone instead so that I wouldn't accidentally hit the mute and the speaker phone was awful in the great outdoors. It seems it doesn't have a noise cancelling capability. I hope they can let us disable the mute on the convenience key at some point as that is a real pain as it is too easy to accidentally hit while talking on the phone. However regular calls are nice and clear so far. I will continue to test it in my hood.
    the tiny hole on the top of the phone is the noise cancelling mic and the left speaker grill on the bottom is the regular mic. Knowing this, maybe you just need to hold the phone in such a way so the wind doesn't interfere with the bottom mic. Hope this helps!
    FF22 likes this.
    06-06-17 04:27 PM

You saying that the numbers on the pkb can't be used to dial and you have to use the touchscreen?
    06-06-17 04:51 PM
    I am on the phone at least 3-5 talktime hours a day. I make and receive numerous calls. Zero issues. Mine works great and, despite the time on calls, battery is still amazing.
    Agree with this. I use my phone extensively and no issues.
    06-06-17 04:57 PM
    the tiny hole on the top of the phone is the noise cancelling mic and the left speaker grill on the bottom is the regular mic. Knowing this, maybe you just need to hold the phone in such a way so the wind doesn't interfere with the bottom mic. Hope this helps!
    Thanks supertom. You offer good advice. I was not the most coordinated phone user this morning. First outing with my two dogs since dislocating my shoulder when I tripped over the little one a month ago. So I had two dogs (one jet propelled and large, and one little and clingy) held in my left hand while trying to test the phone in my right bum arm. I would be kicked out of any research study eh? lol Thanks. I will try and do as you suggest tomorrow on my next trek with the pooches.
    FF22 and TGR1 like this.
    06-06-17 05:11 PM
    What button disconnects the call? The the convince key mutes, the volume rocker controls the volume, and the power button locks the phone without hanging up. All of the keys are nonfunctional while on a call as well.
    06-06-17 05:20 PM
    I'm trying out TrueCaller and liking it so far.
    06-06-17 05:26 PM
    What button disconnects the call? The the convince key mutes, the volume rocker controls the volume, and the power button locks the phone without hanging up. All of the keys are nonfunctional while on a call as well.
    Wow not for me..the power button hangs up, the convenience key mutes..both are in the position where the hand naturally squeezes the phone.
    06-06-17 05:28 PM
    Thats very odd. Also, I guess my hand is trained to hold the phone with my thumb below the convince key when holding it with my right hand.
    06-06-17 05:34 PM
    Wow not for me..the power button hangs up, the convenience key mutes..both are in the position where the hand naturally squeezes the phone.
    In the main options (not the phone settings) under accessibility, there's an option for the power button to hang up calls.
    06-06-17 05:37 PM
    In the main options (not the phone settings) under accessibility, there's an option for the power button to hang up calls.
    Ah ha! Thank you thank you!
    06-06-17 06:12 PM
    You saying that the numbers on the pkb can't be used to dial and you have to use the touchscreen?
    Sorry no, I'm saying now that you have to be really careful dialling with the physical keyboard because any left gestures deletes the number...I didn't know what was happening at first.
    06-06-17 06:18 PM
    Seems like something that should have been caught very easily in testing, considering it's the only physical kb device left...
    06-06-17 07:12 PM
    "You're holding it wrong?"
    Bruakakakakakak! Et tu, Blackberry???
    06-07-17 02:10 PM