The time has come to give up on Blackberry after many many phones going back to the 8350i IDEN phone. Its been a great run with the Slider, Passport, KEYOne and probably a couple more. Things half to come an end much like Blackberry phones themselves. I've been having far to many issue with my KEYOne lately with the space bar coming almost completely off, horrible battery life down to under 10 hours, horizontal lines showing up on the screen in bans from top to bottom and the "your device is using battery power more than normal" warning happening repeatedly. Then there's the app atmosphere drying up and things just becoming difficult all around to use the phone. The waiting.... For emails to finally load after clicking on them from the hub. I've had the KEYOne Black edition since it was released and it has been great. It's too bad that I'm having to leave the BlackBerry world and the keyboard that I so love to use, but it's on to a new faster world of Google Pixel 7 Pro. I will miss the BlackBerry Android Secure OS but 8.1 was way to out dated 😥😥😥 bye bye BlackBerry.
    Exedorable and glacier_ice like this.
    11-29-22 08:54 PM
    The time has come to give up on Blackberry after many many phones going back to the 8350i IDEN phone. Its been a great run with the Slider, Passport, KEYOne and probably a couple more. Things half to come an end much like Blackberry phones themselves. I've been having far to many issue with my KEYOne lately with the space bar coming almost completely off, horrible battery life down to under 10 hours, horizontal lines showing up on the screen in bans from top to bottom and the "your device is using battery power more than normal" warning happening repeatedly. Then there's the app atmosphere drying up and things just becoming difficult all around to use the phone. The waiting.... For emails to finally load after clicking on them from the hub. I've had the KEYOne Black edition since it was released and it has been great. It's too bad that I'm having to leave the BlackBerry world and the keyboard that I so love to use, but it's on to a new faster world of Google Pixel 7 Pro. I will miss the BlackBerry Android Secure OS but 8.1 was way to out dated bye bye BlackBerry.
    You won't miss your Keyone after 2 weeks.

"The CB 1M Challenge, where the pantless people go"
    11-29-22 09:11 PM
    You won't miss your Keyone after 2 weeks.
    While I absolutely love my pixel 6a, I do on occasion remember the KEYᵒⁿᵉ fondly. My BlackBerry fix still gets filled w/ my Priv that I've been using as a tablet, and more recently for games, and have even taken w/ me to work just a couple days ago.

But my sincere congrats to you on your next device, the pixel turned out to be my fav daily driver, even beating flagships from Samsung and others.
    11-30-22 04:12 PM
    I am several months into the Galaxy A53 myself. (Couldn't afford a flagship.) The only thing I miss is the physical keyboard for typing accuracy. Oh, and Hub notes stopped working. Was supposed to be 'ad supported'... Not. Would accept the ads, good thing I still have my Key2, but otherwise started using OneNote.
    11-30-22 09:32 PM
    I am several months into the Galaxy A53 myself. (Couldn't afford a flagship.) The only thing I miss is the physical keyboard for typing accuracy. Oh, and Hub notes stopped working. Was supposed to be 'ad supported'... Not. Would accept the ads, good thing I still have my Key2, but otherwise started using OneNote.
    At this point... little need for the power of the flagships. An A53 is a very serviceable phone....
    glacier_ice likes this.
    12-01-22 09:08 AM
    At this point... little need for the power of the flagships. An A53 is a very serviceable phone....
    The Pixel 5a, Galaxy A13 5G and similar mid-tiers are sufficient for me. The savings allows me other hobbies…

In Glock We Trust
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    12-01-22 01:53 PM
    The savings allows me other hobbies...
    Y'know since some of the black Friday sales dropped the 6a down to 299, I've actually been on the fence about a 2nd one. And I haven't had this itch since the KEYᵒⁿᵉ - to get a 2nd/backup.

But that's been almost a lifestyle trend for me: for ex, when buying a new car nowadays I'm more enticed by taking features off and knocking down the price, than the features themselves.
    12-03-22 11:32 PM
    Y'know since some of the black Friday sales dropped the 6a down to 299, I've actually been on the fence about a 2nd one. And I haven't had this itch since the KEYᵒⁿᵉ - to get a 2nd/backup.

But that's been almost a lifestyle trend for me: for ex, when buying a new car nowadays I'm more enticed by taking features off and knocking down the price, than the features themselves.
    Indeed. Until all my children were grown and the last one was enrolled in University, it was only then I even allowed myself to buy a car with air conditioning!

"The CB 1M Challenge, where the pantless people go"
    12-03-22 11:40 PM
    Following this space for any possible recommendations on reliable phone cases w Bluetooth keyboards...
    12-15-22 12:28 PM
    Following this space for any possible recommendations on reliable phone cases w Bluetooth keyboards...
    There are none. After a few weeks you won't even remember what a physical keyboard is, don't worry.
    12-15-22 06:24 PM