If there isn't Oreo on Verizon KEYone yet, it's likely because Verizon rejected the buggy, unfinished build that BlackBerry Mobile/TCL submitted to them.

After reading all the comments about broken features, perhaps BBmo should put out software that functions as intended instead of half-baked. I'm curious why other carrier partners were so quick to accept an unfinished product.
    10-09-18 09:58 AM
    If there isn't Oreo on Verizon KEYone yet, it's likely because Verizon rejected the buggy, unfinished build that BlackBerry Mobile/TCL submitted to them.

After reading all the comments about broken features, perhaps BBmo should put out software that functions as intended instead of half-baked. I'm curious why other carrier partners were so quick to accept an unfinished product.
    Other carriers accepted because it's not buggy or half baked at all.
    It's actually very smooth.
    Why Verizon isnt rolling it out - don't know. Would love to find out though.
    10-09-18 10:01 AM
    Other carriers accepted because it's not buggy or half baked at all.
    It's actually very smooth.
    Why Verizon isnt rolling it out - don't know. Would love to find out though.
    Sound issues on calls
    Apps not working with keyboard correctly
    Google Pay issues

Shall I go on?
    10-09-18 10:02 AM
    Sound issues on calls
    Google Pay issues

Shall I go on?
    You definitely can go on.
    Point is not everyone is facing these issues.
    And it's not like people didn't face all sorts of issue on nougat.
    That's the problem with Software, things can get messed due to a lot of reasons.
    Clean reload of the OS should do the trick.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-09-18 10:06 AM
    I think TCL just didn’t want to pay for the Verizon certification.
    10-09-18 10:35 AM
    Sound issues on calls
    Google Pay issues

Shall I go on?
    No issues here.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    10-09-18 10:41 AM
    Sound issues on calls
    Google Pay issues

Shall I go on?
    Calls sound fine to me. Never had an issue with call quality on any build.
    I'm able to type just fine in all apps. In fact, Telegram works better on Oreo than it did on Nougat.
    Google Pay has always worked for me, although I've never used an autoloader or beta software.

Please, go on.

PS: WiFi 5GHz was actually fixed in Oreo.
    Last edited by psychofox13; 10-09-18 at 12:30 PM.
    10-09-18 10:48 AM
    Are they going to continue support on keyone nougat version? BBM will now focus on Oreo and their apps including dtek will be optimized for Oreo version.
    10-09-18 10:53 AM
    No issues here.
    Of course not. In Conite-Land, everything is always roses and daises.
    10-09-18 10:56 AM

Perhaps we should start by debugging your thread. There is no Verizon KeyONE. I believe what you referring to is an unlocked CDMA variant with firmware that enables it to be whitelisted on their network.

The carrier branded CDMA variant is for Sprint.

As for not getting Oreo, your guess is as good as anyone's. Although Sprint is the one that announced it wasn't coming, not to mention they basically mothballed it half a year ago:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-back-1139513/
    10-09-18 11:14 AM
    Of course not. In Conite-Land, everything is always roses and daises.
    I was the third person to chime in saying the same thing.

But I suppose since you haven't used Oreo on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ yet, you are in the best position to judge.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    10-09-18 11:26 AM
    Perhaps we should start by debugging your thread. There is no Verizon KeyONE. I believe what you referring to is an unlocked CDMA variant with firmware that enables it to be whitelisted on their network.

The carrier branded CDMA variant is for Sprint.

As for not getting Oreo, your guess is as good as anyone's. Although Sprint is the one that announced it wasn't coming, not to mention they basically mothballed it half a year ago:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-back-1139513/
    You don't need to debug anything. It's easier to refer to it as Verizon instead of BBB100-3 PRD 63118-001.

Thanks.
    10-09-18 11:36 AM
    I was the third person to chime in saying the same thing.

But I suppose since you haven't used Oreo on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ yet, you are in the best position to judge.
    I have, with an autoloader on my BBB100-1 PRD 63116-009, another device BlackBerry had failed to provide updates for.

I have experienced bugs on Oreo.

Thanks.
    10-09-18 11:38 AM
    Yeah I was pretty miffed that my "Verizon" keyone (that I use on t mobile) wasn't getting oreo. But I agree, with all the complaints I'm seeing, maybe not such a bad thing... #shrug #
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    10-09-18 12:23 PM
    You don't need to debug anything. It's easier to refer to it as Verizon instead of BBB100-3 PRD 63118-001.

Thanks.
    It's pretty clear the CDMA KeyONE has been DTEK'd and that decision seems to have been made months ago.

Hopefully TCL learned it's lesson furnishing custom variants for BYOD US carriers on archaic, soon to be phased-out networks...
    10-09-18 01:03 PM
    It's pretty clear the CDMA KeyONE has been DTEK'd and that decision seems to have been made months ago.

Hopefully TCL learned it's lesson furnishing custom variants for BYOD US carriers on archaic, soon to be phased-out networks...
    Archaic? I'm assuming you're referring to CDMA? My KEYone functions on 4GLTE bandwidth 100% of the time, never has it gone to CDMA. Verizon has been decommissioning that dude if the network for over two years now.

That point about CDMA is irrelevant.

Thanks.
    10-09-18 01:05 PM
    Archaic? I'm assuming you're referring to CDMA? My KEYone functions on 4GLTE bandwidth 100% of the time, never has it gone to CDMA. Verizon has been decommissioning that dude if the network for over two years now.

That point about CDMA is irrelevant.

Thanks.
    It's not irrelevant, dude, because CDMA compatibility is the only reason those two PRD's existed in the first place. Perhaps if Sprint hadn't bailed on BlackBerry there would be justification for Oreo on that variant, who knows?

As I said before, Sprint is the only party that came forward to clear the air on the update and my assumption is, until proven otherwise, that it was their decision. And anyone stuck with the so-called "Verizon" variant (which it isn't) aren't getting an update either, most likely because (a) it would have piggy-backed off Sprint's update anyway and (b) the number of sales probably didn't justify it to begin with.

And BTW the 'promise' of Oreo came well after the KeyONE was released. There was no official update policy in place (Android Enterprise) until earlier this year.

My condolences. Enjoy your KeyONE DTEK.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    10-09-18 01:11 PM
    It's not irrelevant, dude, because CDMA compatibility is the only reason those two PRD's existed in the first place. Perhaps if Sprint hadn't bailed on BlackBerry there would be justification for Oreo on that variant, who knows?

As I said before, Sprint is the only party that came forward to clear the air on the update and my assumption is, until proven otherwise, that it was their decision. And anyone stuck with the so-called "Verizon" variant (which it isn't) aren't getting an update either, most likely because (a) it would have piggy-backed off Sprint's update anyway and (b) the number of sales probably didn't justify it to begin with.

And BTW the 'promise' of Oreo came well after the KeyONE was released. There was no official update policy in place (Android Enterprise) until earlier this year.

My condolences. Enjoy your KeyONE DTEK.
    I will!

Don't worry, I'm in the process of organizing a class-conscious lawsuit for failure to provide scheduled products and services.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-09-18 01:23 PM
    I will!

Don't worry, I'm in the process of organizing a class-conscious lawsuit for failure to provide scheduled products and services.
    Good luck.
    10-09-18 01:25 PM
    Good luck.
    I appreciate that thanks!
    Legal teams said it should be pretty cut and dry I've spoken to.
    krazyatom likes this.
    10-09-18 01:28 PM
    I'm really pleased live in UK just put sim in away I go no problems
    10-09-18 01:52 PM
    I will!

Lol.

What are the provable, quantitative damages of a year old $650 device not getting Oreo? $50? $75? $2?
    10-09-18 01:52 PM
    Lol.

What are the provable, quantitative damages of a year old $650 device not getting Oreo? $50? $75? $2?
    They could seek specific performance! What's a new secure Oreo device worth?
    10-09-18 06:47 PM
    They could seek specific performance! What's a new secure Oreo device worth?
    "Timing and availability of this update will depend on carrier policy and schedule"

The likelihood of this "class action suit" going ahead is as likely as a petition here being successful.
    10-09-18 07:16 PM

OP, you see that coming? you're alone.

You need to speak with someone in blackberry and ask them to provide oreo update for BBB100-1 PRD 63116-009 that can be installed manually (not through your carrier).
    10-09-18 07:24 PM
33 12