Anyone tried the KeyOne with a magnetic carmount without a backplate or case?

Would love know to know if it is even an option worth considering.

Thanks
    06-06-17 01:35 PM
    I took my back off and put a metal plate inside of it but the back wouldn't sit flush. If I find another slimmer back I will try it again.
    06-06-17 01:45 PM
    So I take it would not stick with OEM without a tweak?
    06-06-17 03:59 PM
    I am currently using a magnetic back plate that is stuck on a clear case. It is working great no issues. BUT!!! There is a strange screen i have never seen, it shows the current apps last used in smaller icons on the screen but only allows me to slide up to view a description of the app. It is very wired since adjusting the phone and where the magnet is located, top of the magic still show that screen and sliding it lower will show the normal home screen.

Anyone else experience this? i will try to get a video or some pictures soon!
    Dmitry_Bergelson likes this.
    07-11-17 01:57 PM
    I am currently using a magnetic back plate that is stuck on a clear case. It is working great no issues. BUT!!! There is a strange screen i have never seen, it shows the current apps last used in smaller icons on the screen but only allows me to slide up to view a description of the app. It is very wired since adjusting the phone and where the magnet is located, top of the magic still show that screen and sliding it lower will show the normal home screen.

Anyone else experience this? i will try to get a video or some pictures soon!
    I think that's for the new keyone accessories that have a clear screen in the case. I'm guessing the phone is assuming it's in one of them cases. It's so you can read notifications and messages with out taking the phone out.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-17 02:18 PM
    thats what i thought! thanks, i just cant think why it would be on the rear and how it gets adjusted and does that.
    07-11-17 02:26 PM
    thats what i thought! thanks, i just cant think why it would be on the rear and how it gets adjusted and does that.
    The magnet for that is at the back. Most likely you're new magnet is placed a bit too close to it and it's thinking it's in a case...

Posted via CB10
    07-11-17 02:45 PM
    I use a magnetic mount. The magnet is stuck on the back with no case and it works perfectly.
    07-11-17 03:33 PM
    You need a backplate and you will also start to snap off the back as well if you do it too often. I would definitely put a back plate behind a gel case.
    07-11-17 06:14 PM
    Can anyone test what the built-in compass does (e.g. in Google Maps) with the phone on the magnet holder?
    07-11-17 06:20 PM
    Can anyone test what the built-in compass does (e.g. in Google Maps) with the phone on the magnet holder?
    works fine when i used it. google map all the time dtek 60 and keyone using magnetic holder.

Only thing is if your holder has multiple magnets if both side have magnets and are on the right location the phone thinks you have one of the window case and switch to that mode.
    07-11-17 06:47 PM
    YES! I have the same strange screen change when the phone is on magnetic holder. I use a simple metal circle sticker on the phone's back. No accessories etc. No idea how the phone "knows" it and how to turn on/off or change this feature.
    09-13-17 05:32 AM
    YES! I have the same strange screen change when the phone is on magnetic holder. I use a simple metal circle sticker on the phone's back. No accessories etc. No idea how the phone "knows" it and how to turn on/off or change this feature.
    The small display is triggered by a magnet and shows briefly. There are cases with an open window in that location. When the case is closed, a magnet at the right location will show that screen. Depending on the maget you use and where it is located, it can be triggered from the rear as well as the front.
    09-13-17 12:16 PM
    Thanks! Any ideas how to turn this feature off?
    09-13-17 03:58 PM
    Thanks! Any ideas how to turn this feature off?
    I don't think you can turn it off. But the screen should go dark within 10-15 seconds, I think.
    09-13-17 05:20 PM
    The metal plate might affect NFC... I had a problem with my Z30 and had to use the smaller of the two plates that came with my magnetic mount. So I am using the small plate and just have it sandwiched (loose) between case and phone,
    FF22 likes this.
    09-13-17 09:11 PM
    This is what I use...
    https://www.amazon.ca/Anker-Magnetic...UvbUpU13020386

Comes with two back plates and I use both back plates with a Ringke case.

Magnetic Car Mount?-img_20170914_094549.jpg
    Last edited by Brai7; 09-14-17 at 09:47 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-14-17 09:32 AM
    I use the Scosche brand and get it at Walmart. it comes with a small plate and a large plate. the magnet is strong enough that the small plate gives it plenty of holding power. my plate is simple sandwiched between the phone and a clear case.

I lean to the smaller plate because I was afraid the larger one might interfere with NFC.
    10-01-17 07:36 PM