Has anyone tried a mag strip reader on the KeyOne? If so which one and did it work for you? Did you have an issues and if so how did you fix them? Which mag strip reader are you using?

The reason I ask is I backed the Fuze card on Indegogo. It comes with a Mag Stripe reader and I can't get it to read on the KeyOne. I plugged it into my tablet and it worked flawlessly. Here is what I did to try to get it to work on the KeyOne and it didn't:

1) Turned off NFC
    2) Turned off Bluetooth
    3) Re-seated it in headphone jack
    4) Plugged in regular headphones - yes the port works
    5) Tried a different app
    6) Put phone in airplane mode
    7) Made sure port didn't have dirt or dust in it
    8) Rebooted phone
    9) Reinstalled app and other app

Nothing I did got this to work on the KeyOne.
    08-20-17 03:31 PM
    So, don't quote me on this, because I'm not 100% sure. But i read somewhere that part of the hardware changes to BlackBerry devices included the headphone jack, since services like the mag strip readers, and other purpose built hardware could be used to steal info.

As such, none of the BlackBerry devices can be used with that type of reader, or any other hardware that uses the headphone jack.

I've heard that Stripe has a Bluetooth reader, that should work. And with phones removing the headphone jacks these days, you'll probably need it sooner, rather than later.
    08-20-17 04:23 PM
    I got the fuze card and I experienced the same. and I also tried all of your methods, but noithing works. so I did register my cards using my wife's s8.

this KEYᵒⁿᵉ has a faulty or very low quality headphone port, and thats why. even regular headphone or earphone sounds so bad when they are plugged into the KEYᵒⁿᵉ comparing to s8, s7 edge, priv and passport.

so I concluded that the such a lower quality port has some interference with other devices.

I tried square mag reader with square app, and it works. but square reader with fuze app or fuze reader with square app doesn't work.

what I noticed as well is... the phone recognize when I plug in square mag reader, but not recognize the fuze magnet reader.
    08-20-17 04:26 PM
    So, don't quote me on this, because I'm not 100% sure. But i read somewhere that part of the hardware changes to BlackBerry devices included the headphone jack, since services like the mag strip readers, and other purpose built hardware could be used to steal info.

As such, none of the BlackBerry devices can be used with that type of reader, or any other hardware that uses the headphone jack.

I've heard that Stripe has a Bluetooth reader, that should work. And with phones removing the headphone jacks these days, you'll probably need it sooner, rather than later.
    It's not true and it can't be true.

Like I said above, square mag reader and payapl mag reader works fine with KEYᵒⁿᵉ no problem. And square reader worked fine with priv, passport, and q10 as well in the past.(I do carry square reader with me all the time for my business) even though passport and q10 initially had some trouble to make it work since there were no BB10 os app, and I had to port proper apk version to make it work.

Only few other readers (supposedly some low quality or different design?) do not work with KEYᵒⁿᵉ + regular headphone sounds awful with KEYᵒⁿᵉ as well while they sound so much better with other phones. I definitely suspect there must be design flaw or low quality part used in keyone.

This phone has very nice idea and functionality, but serious build quality issue.

I have had 4 keyones since I had to replace them for screen problem.

And Screen lifting(3 of keyones I owned all had it), rattling volume button(1 of them), shaky and wobbling keyboard(1 of them), no notification (all of them after update since june patch), poor quality(or design) headphone jack(all of them), scrapped off back cover coating after wiping with alcohol several times..(possibly my fault, but didnt expect that to happen since I have always used alcohol to clean my phone before)... and so on.

Way too many issues with this phone that I never had with others.. Yes I always have had one or two problems with others as well, but not so many at once like this.
    08-20-17 04:45 PM
    Well, i agree the Keyone is a pile of trash.

I swear i did read about the BlackBerry phones having a modified headphone jack. There were similar issues on the Priv.

But maybe I'm thinking of something else, if you say it works, i believe you.

So yeah, it's a Keyone issue. ANOTHER Keyone issue.
    08-20-17 05:46 PM
    I got the fuze card and I experienced the same. and I also tried all of your methods, but noithing works. so I did register my cards using my wife's s8.

this KEYᵒⁿᵉ has a faulty or very low quality headphone port, and thats why. even regular headphone or earphone sounds so bad when they are plugged into the KEYᵒⁿᵉ comparing to s8, s7 edge, priv and passport.

so I concluded that the such a lower quality port has some interference with other devices.

I tried square mag reader with square app, and it works. but square reader with fuze app or fuze reader with square app doesn't work.

what I noticed as well is... the phone recognize when I plug in square mag reader, but not recognize the fuze magnet reader.
    I use QJAYS iem's w/ android remote cable and sound is loud clear and hi fidelity!!! Low quality headsets ahve low sensitivity ranges and will get low sound output! I've not had any issues with the QJAYS reference iem's! The three button remote also works amazing!
    08-21-17 09:57 PM