I bought a KEYone off eBay about a month and a half ago. Brand new but an open box item. It worked great for three days and then downloaded an update. After installing the update, the phone began restarting itself every 30 seconds, getting hot, etc. I did a factory reset but it didn't fix the problem. I found a lot of posts here from other users detailing what they had to do to fix the problem and I'm just not that computer-literate. I boxed the phone up, sent it back and got a refund.

This past week, I decided to try again with the same seller. I got a very similar phone (but even "newer" than the first, as the factory stickers were still on the front screen, etc.). Right out of the gate, it downloaded an update, but I haven't installed it yet. I've been putting that off out of fear the same thing will happen as the last time.

I upgraded to this phone from a PRIV that I loved, but it had a smashed screen and was beginning to run slow. This KEYone is much faster. If it never updated from where it is now, I'd be happy. I'm not a cutting-edge user.

Here's the version of the current KEYone I possess:

* BBB100-3
    * Android version 7.1.1
    * Build number AAP638

Everything seems to be current to late September or mid-October 2017 (it's almost November 2018 at the time of this post).

So what should I do? Should I chance the update? I have to reschedule the update every day and can't find a way to make it go away as it is. Should I not let it update and continue to reschedule the update? Should I wait for a more stable version to come out?
    10-27-18 05:01 PM
    I bought a KEYone off eBay about a month and a half ago. Brand new but an open box item. It worked great for three days and then downloaded an update. After installing the update, the phone began restarting itself every 30 seconds, getting hot, etc. I did a factory reset but it didn't fix the problem. I found a lot of posts here from other users detailing what they had to do to fix the problem and I'm just not that computer-literate. I boxed the phone up, sent it back and got a refund.

This past week, I decided to try again with the same seller. I got a very similar phone (but even "newer" than the first, as the factory stickers were still on the front screen, etc.). Right out of the gate, it downloaded an update, but I haven't installed it yet. I've been putting that off out of fear the same thing will happen as the last time.

I upgraded to this phone from a PRIV that I loved, but it had a smashed screen and was beginning to run slow. This KEYone is much faster. If it never updated from where it is now, I'd be happy. I'm not a cutting-edge user.

Here's the version of the current KEYone I possess:

* BBB100-3
    * Android version 7.1.1
    * Build number AAP638

Everything seems to be current to late September or mid-October 2017 (it's almost November 2018 at the time of this post).

So what should I do? Should I chance the update? I have to reschedule the update every day and can't find a way to make it go away as it is. Should I not let it update and continue to reschedule the update? Should I wait for a more stable version to come out?
    That's the Verizon model, right?

That's the one I have. I had done updates as they were released and have the most recent. I never did run into any issues doing them periodically.

One thing you might want to check is the build date of the phone. Phones produced before about July 2017 did have an issue where the screen could pop off. It is and was covered by an extended warranty.

You can find the assembly date for the unit in the MMI test / Traceability menu

1 - Dial *#2886#
    2 - Hit "MANU"
    3 - Then "Traceability" on top
    4 - Hit "Pass"
    5 - On the bottom should be your build date
    6 - Hit "Pass" again
    7 - Scroll to bottom and hit "exit"

You should get a date code like in:

yyyymmdd
    10-29-18 10:08 AM
    my oreo update didn't go well & I was delighted the screen came loose and the replacement same model oreo installed is flawless... my advice is a fresh install of oreo instead of an OtA update... cleans out the dregs
    10-31-18 12:45 PM