06-21-17 12:15 AM
30 12
tools
    So far, everything is actually better than I had expected. I was using the PRIV for the last year and a half. This is areally a great phone...maybe the best since the BOLD. This screen issue concerns me greatly. Any word if otterbox will be making a case?
    06-09-17 03:41 PM
    Any word if otterbox will be making a case?
    Nothing yet, that I'm aware of.
    06-09-17 04:02 PM
    So, according to CNET (not fans of BlackBerry by any means):

"CNET editor Roger Cheng also has the phone, and said he can't replicate the problem with a bend test or prying off the display."

David Katzmaier:
    "After some pretty extreme tests -- dropping the phone ten different times on carpet and then on wood, and bending it forcibly four times -- the screen did finally pop off."
    06-09-17 04:03 PM
    At the end of the day it's a bloody phone, things go wrong it'll be fixed worse has happened
    06-09-17 04:22 PM
    I recently got the official incipio octane case with clear back and a black bumper.. I really like that case! the only problem is it's a big fingerprint magnet.

The CoverOn case of the same style available for cheap on amazon and ebay is pretty good too, except that the side buttons are impossible to press, so I used a box cutter to cut the sides of the button and they are much easier to press. (DON'T cut out the button completely!)
    06-09-17 04:58 PM
    but anyway, with those cases, I am much less worried about accidental drops for my KEYone
    06-09-17 05:00 PM
    CNET did some drop test and after ten time almost smash it to the ground the screen didn't get lose, so they decided to do it with force and after 4 extreem bends they get the screen finally loose.

So in my opinion in daily use and drops the device will be fine.
    aseeralmadi and jakie55 like this.
    06-09-17 05:05 PM
    I haven't even noticed it has a small screen.
    06-09-17 05:06 PM
    CNET did some drop test and after ten time almost smash it to the ground the screen didn't get lose, so they decided to do it with force and after 4 extreem bends they get the screen finally loose.

So in my opinion in daily use and drops the device will be fine.
    Read back 4 posts.
    06-09-17 05:06 PM
    jerry rig everything is a scammer. he doesn't have the budget to drop test, said the s8 was well built whereas other companies like square trade found it to be the easiest to break device ever. the only phone ever to break on both sides after a single drop test.

that said: I want a keyone screen replacement video and i'm really hoping the screens are cheap and I can do it myself without stress.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-09-17 05:09 PM
    Had been using my KEYᵒⁿᵉ without any case since late April. No issues and can't see any defects in the screen getting lose or anything.

If it is identified as a build issue, BlackBerry will surely address it.
    aseeralmadi likes this.
    06-09-17 09:03 PM
    like others have said I'm curious if it's all the units with minimal adhesive or just a few wonky batches. I've bent mine a bit to try to see (playing with the devil) and I'm just being mindful to be gentle and careful with it. no more backpocket skateboarding with it to be safe.
    06-09-17 10:14 PM
    like others have said I'm curious if it's all the units with minimal adhesive or just a few wonky batches. I've bent mine a bit to try to see (playing with the devil) and I'm just being mindful to be gentle and careful with it. no more backpocket skateboarding with it to be safe.
    How about to try twisting it from opposite corner.
    That is where the weakness is
    06-09-17 10:45 PM
    ... This screen issue concerns me greatly. Any word if otterbox will be making a case?
    Don't worry the "screen issue" is very unlikely to be an issue for any normal person that takes normal precautions with their phone.
    jakie55 and Insync like this.
    06-09-17 10:54 PM
    I dropped my KEYone the other day, no damage etc. fell off the armrest on the couch onto the hardwood floor.
    06-09-17 10:59 PM
    So far, everything is actually better than I had expected. I was using the PRIV for the last year and a half. This is areally a great phone...maybe the best since the BOLD. This screen issue concerns me greatly. Any word if otterbox will be making a case?
    My KEYone is perfect, after watch the durability test I have to say of course the screen would come out, if you notice his right hand was on the keyboard, the slab phones don't ever pop the screens out because his hands are holding unto the screen. Anyways the KEYᴼᴺᴱ is built like a tank and I'm so happy with mine.
    Toni_1990 and anon(10255518) like this.
    06-09-17 11:00 PM
    How about to try twisting it from opposite corner.
    That is where the weakness is
    Ya , just tried that. With above normal pressure of twisting nothing happened. If I used everything I had as to intentionally break it, I bet I could break any phone of similar size.
    06-09-17 11:05 PM
    Any word if otterbox will be making a case?
    Otterbox sucks.

Seidio and incipio are superior. Get incipio if you don't want a holster because the seidio isnt out yet.
    06-09-17 11:19 PM
    I drops mine on my driveway (not good) small Mark on the aluminum notice else. I thought for sure it was ****ed. Phone is solid.
    06-10-17 12:34 AM
    Please don't allow this to make you scared. Just get your KEYone and use it. There are much scarier things that could happen in a life. Be happy with your original decision and I bet the screens will never pop off.

If they do pop off, it can be easily dealt with. Chances are, they won't though.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-10-17 03:38 AM
    Nextbit Robin users are all still mostly happy. Not sure if anybody saw that video. I certainly still really like that phone and actually might order one just to have.
    06-10-17 03:39 AM
    Don't buy it, but the screen is solid.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 03:42 AM
    I've just hit mine with a 4 pound lump hammer and it's smashed, disappointed...
    anon(10255518) likes this.
    06-10-17 04:20 AM
  24. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Daily and normal use.. phone is fine.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 05:33 AM
    I've just hit mine with a 4 pound lump hammer and it's smashed, disappointed...
    Good to know. I was about to test mine out with a five pound version. Saves me the hassle. Thank you.
    06-10-17 03:07 PM
30 12