I see a lot of people with the "I'm going back to the S8 or S8+ comments" That's great, go ahead and leave. Yes, the K1 has issues and flaws. If you think the S8's fingerprint scan location or screen readability in bright sunlight isn't a problem, you are kidding yourself. The K1, is build for business people. The S8 is built for Show and Flash, not Functionality.
    miafrato likes this.
    08-18-17 10:53 AM
    It's really unfortunate that our experiences with the K1 differ so much. Having been a Samsung fan for many years, this time round I when it was time for a change I saw a K1 on display in CWH and bought it. After a month no issues at all - reception exactly the same or better than my S6 - calls are much clearer - battery life more than twice as good - I haven't noticed any issues with notifications - screen crystal clear even outside in sunlight - no lag and the camera as good as I'm used to and very good in low light. Video at 1080p with digital stabilisation is extremely good. Love the Hub - ditched the productivity tab - and play the odd game. Hopefully my experience continues as so far very happy with my jump to BlackBerry. The number of times people have asked me what phone it is when out in public places, is well into double figures. It's different......
    TCL really need to get hold of you and your phone for further study! You may simply be less demanding than some users. I've already said that the specs on the K1 are sufficient for normal use. I'm on this Samsung J7 2016 5.5in slab with lowish specs and I'm ok with it for all uses. Waiting for it to get to Barcelona...
    08-18-17 11:12 AM
    The K1, is build for business people. The S8 is built for Show and Flash, not Functionality.
    About that, the KEYone might even beat the S8 at it's own game. It's much more of an attention getter/convo starter than a slab with tiny bezels. Think of riding up to a supercar show filled with 500k-1M $ ferraris/lambos etc with a 1969 Mustang/Charger that you got for under 20K and you end up getting more looks/attention than all the others lol
    08-18-17 11:47 AM
    Purchased the unlocked GSM KeyONE from Amazon. Ive been a blackberry user for years and when they announced the KeyONE i was very hopeful that this was the modern day Blackberry we all wanted. I even looked past their extremely poor rollout which they only have themselves to blame. So i get the phone and switch everything over and just like everyone else I'm blown away by the keyboard. Phone is solid feels good seems to be well built. Screen is smaller but entirely adequate. Phone moves fast, real fast. Battery life is amazing! Then the little issues start popping up. Every few hours it doesn't recognize a SIM card is present, so I have to take the card out, reboot, and then its fine. Having to remove and reinstall the SIM card maybe every day or so isn't the worst thing in the world but I can't lie its a pain in the a$$! I attach it via bluetooth to my car and its initially fine. Next time I go in my car its disconnected and has to find it all over again. This happens every day. Once again a pain but totally workable. Then we get to notifications. Dont even get me started on notifications! That one to me is totally unacceptable. Phone signal is poor at best and thats saying it nicely. I can barely get a signal in my house (where iPhone's and my Galaxy S8 Plus were able to get a signal just fine). So when you break it down, I can't make or receive calls in my home because of the signal issue that I've read on the forums is wide spread. I can't get notifications from basic apps like CNN and ESPN. I can't drive in my car without having to attach my phone through the bad bluetooth each day. I love the phone, I love the way it feels, and i absolutely love the keyboard BUT after a couple weeks its time to change back. I need the phone to be, well, a phone! If they (blaming both Blackberry and TCL) can't even get signal strength worked out in a couple months then I'm guessing its a hardware issue. Notifications should have been an easy and quick fix but as of the Aug update its still not fixes. Sorry Blackberry I was loyal for years and was very open to coming back but I can't wait any longer for you to catch up with everyone else.
    0 problems on mine.
    08-18-17 01:08 PM
    You're absolutely right. And I wanted to keep the KeyONE BUT finger print placement and the sunlight aside it still works AS A PHONE! Sorry but if you read my post mine wasn't able to do PHONE tasks you know like keep a signal. That said as I said I wanted to keep it and waited 2 updates but the lack of fixing issues and even acknowledging that there are issues sent me back to my S8 plus. My OP was not a bashing of anything, just disappointment.
    I see a lot of people with the "I'm going back to the S8 or S8+ comments" That's great, go ahead and leave. Yes, the K1 has issues and flaws. If you think the S8's fingerprint scan location or screen readability in bright sunlight isn't a problem, you are kidding yourself. The K1, is build for business people. The S8 is built for Show and Flash, not Functionality.
    08-18-17 01:13 PM
    0 problems on mine.

Wish mine had "0" problems. I wouldnt have purchased it if I didn't want it.
    08-18-17 01:15 PM
    You're absolutely right. And I wanted to keep the KeyONE BUT finger print placement and the sunlight aside it still works AS A PHONE! Sorry but if you read my post mine wasn't able to do PHONE tasks you know like keep a signal. That said as I said I wanted to keep it and waited 2 updates but the lack of fixing issues and even acknowledging that there are issues sent me back to my S8 plus. My OP was not a bashing of anything, just disappointment.
    The way you expressed the issues you had makes it sound like bashing, as you don't equate the issues you had as possibly unique to your situation and not a general issue with /all/ KEYone's. For example, you state that the KEYone /you/ have has problems with the SIM, not recognizing it. Maybe /your/ KEYone has a hardware issue with the SIM slot, which would also explain some of the connection/signal issues you had. As for notifications, it's been reported by quite a few people, so maybe the problem is indeed a general one. For Bluetooth, people have reported that it stopped working and then working well again with the latest release.
    08-18-17 01:31 PM
    The signal issue, for people who have the issue, or for people in weak signal areas to begin with, will not be fixed via software update. That to me, seems impossible. I'm sorry for your issues, and your poor experience with K1.
    08-18-17 01:31 PM
    TCL really need to get hold of you and your phone for further study! You may simply be less demanding than some users. I've already said that the specs on the K1 are sufficient for normal use. I'm on this Samsung J7 2016 5.5in slab with lowish specs and I'm ok with it for all uses. Waiting for it to get to Barcelona...
    Interesting words - "demanding users" - probably fall into two categories - normal demands driven by real world situations and then perceived demands driven by what we think we need because society dictates that we must have the best most expensive quickest, latest etc etc. I may be just as demanding as the next guy or I may not but everything the K1 can do, I use. The top end flagships do way more than I need and in fact most of us. If we've reached the point that we all need the biggest best and most expensive, then I'm glad that I can be satisfied with something that isn't the most expensive.
    08-18-17 01:39 PM
    Its actually funny that you take the post as bashing as I start by going over the things I love about the phone. And the fact that I wanted to love the phone. And who would spend $600 plus on a phone they wanted to "hate". No, Im a blackberry lover, been one for years and been using blackberry for just as long. In fact I still have my Passport and use it all the time. As I said I was hoping this phone would bring me back to them. So if you take just stating the issues I had with the phone after saying how much I loved many aspects of the phone as bashing then Id say you have an interesting and obviously slanted way of reading. Either way the issues I listed and had are issues that many many other people have had as all you need to do to see that is read all the posts here in the KeyONE threads. I am happy if yours is working flawlessly, as Ive said to others on here I wish mine did.

SQUOTE=cbvinh;12993067]The way you expressed the issues you had makes it sound like bashing, as you don't equate the issues you had as possibly unique to your situation and not a general issue with /all/ KEYone's. For example, you state that the KEYone /you/ have has problems with the SIM, not recognizing it. Maybe /your/ KEYone has a hardware issue with the SIM slot, which would also explain some of the connection/signal issues you had. As for notifications, it's been reported by quite a few people, so maybe the problem is indeed a general one. For Bluetooth, people have reported that it stopped working and then working well again with the latest release.[/QUOTE]
    08-18-17 01:44 PM
    Play book... funny you mentioned playbook... just like Priv, Q5, Z3 or what ever less than Z10, https://forums.crackberry.com/genera...dware-1103225/

a bit low on RIM DNA... and look like it shows ;-(.
    08-18-17 02:35 PM
    I love Blackberry but this phone has too many problems. After 13 years I got an S8. I have all the Blackberry apps on the phone and wonder if I need to. If the quality improves I will be back.
    08-18-17 02:43 PM
    I got tired of all the bugs and issues and went to a Pixel XL. Still have the keyone tho hoping they will iron out the issues with future updates. Will keep a watchful eye on things still 😎
    08-18-17 03:18 PM
    Its actually funny that you take the post as bashing as I start by going over the things I love about the phone. And the fact that I wanted to love the phone. And who would spend $600 plus on a phone they wanted to "hate". No, Im a blackberry lover, been one for years and been using blackberry for just as long. In fact I still have my Passport and use it all the time. As I said I was hoping this phone would bring me back to them. So if you take just stating the issues I had with the phone after saying how much I loved many aspects of the phone as bashing then Id say you have an interesting and obviously slanted way of reading. Either way the issues I listed and had are issues that many many other people have had as all you need to do to see that is read all the posts here in the KeyONE threads. I am happy if yours is working flawlessly, as Ive said to others on here I wish mine did.
    Here's the thing about fandom... people get so wrapped up that even after the device "fails" them and they've moved onto another brand of device, they'll still hang around on the forums, spending time bashing the brand/device instead of moving on. Usually, they'll state how they were huge fans until BlackBerry wronged them and didn't listen to their sage advice on how to make things better. This is the reason why your history with BlackBerry doesn't matter. If the device meets what you need /today/, fine. If it doesn't, then list the issues. Your previous history doesn't matter.

Here's what you're saying in summary: You love BlackBerry. You have a history with BlackBerry. The KEYone /you have/ has many issues. You make the claim that many, many people have the same problems, so you claim that they are general KEYone issues. Anyone who says they're having no issues, you say, you're happy for them, but take what they say as an anomaly, since you are still insisting that the KEYone is bug ridden.

What is your claim then, /most/ KEYone's are fine or buggy?
    joewoo likes this.
    08-18-17 06:54 PM
    This will be my last response to you because youre way off the tracks here. I make NO CLAIMS so let me try and say this again to you SLOWLY so you can keep up... I gave an accurate description of the problems I had with MY KeyONE. MINE... not every unit out there. Also, I don't CLAIM that many many people are having the same problem, I said Ive READ the many problems on these forums that others are having. Theres no debating that point as its all here in black and white! And I don't just "say" I'm happy for others whose KeyONE's are working well... I MEAN IT. To imply I'm JUST saying that for the sake of saying it implies I'm lying which i don't take kindly at all. And who are you to tell me I take what they say as an anomaly? Where in anything did i say anything that remotely sounds like that? Also I didnt once insist the KeyONE is bug ridden, I INFORMED THAT MINE WAS! Once again i reiterate that you have some selective reading issue or just have issues understanding what you read. Lastly so here"s something about fandom... Sometimes they just can't take into consideration that ANYONE is having ANY issues with something that they feel is perfect and then find the need to come on here, mostly to just bait people (which is why this is my last response to you) and defend their point without even reading clearly the points made by anyone who disagrees.
    Here's the thing about fandom... people get so wrapped up that even after the device "fails" them and they've moved onto another brand of device, they'll still hang around on the forums, spending time bashing the brand/device instead of moving on. Usually, they'll state how they were huge fans until BlackBerry wronged them and didn't listen to their sage advice on how to make things better. This is the reason why your history with BlackBerry doesn't matter. If the device meets what you need /today/, fine. If it doesn't, then list the issues. Your previous history doesn't matter.

Here's what you're saying in summary: You love BlackBerry. You have a history with BlackBerry. The KEYone /you have/ has many issues. You make the claim that many, many people have the same problems, so you claim that they are general KEYone issues. Anyone who says they're having no issues, you say, you're happy for them, but take what they say as an anomaly, since you are still insisting that the KEYone is bug ridden.

What is your claim then, /most/ KEYone's are fine or buggy?
    08-18-17 07:10 PM
    This will be my last response to you because youre way off the tracks here. I make NO CLAIMS so let me try and say this again to you SLOWLY so you can keep up... I gave an accurate description of the problems I had with MY KeyONE. MINE... not every unit out there. Also, I don't CLAIM that many many people are having the same problem, I said Ive READ the many problems on these forums that others are having. Theres no debating that point as its all here in black and white! And I don't just "say" I'm happy for others whose KeyONE's are working well... I MEAN IT. To imply I'm JUST saying that for the sake of saying it implies I'm lying which i don't take kindly at all. And who are you to tell me I take what they say as an anomaly? Where in anything did i say anything that remotely sounds like that? Also I didnt once insist the KeyONE is bug ridden, I INFORMED THAT MINE WAS! Once again i reiterate that you have some selective reading issue or just have issues understanding what you read. Lastly so here"s something about fandom... Sometimes they just can't take into consideration that ANYONE is having ANY issues with something that they feel is perfect and then find the need to come on here, mostly to just bait people (which is why this is my last response to you) and defend their point without even reading clearly the points made by anyone who disagrees.
    If /your/ KEYone is having issues, list them. You /don't/ need to present your case as, "I am having problems with X. Don't believe me? Many people are having problems with X too." Uh, so is it a problem with /your/ KEYone or are you saying it's a common problem, thus making general claims? Since your KEYone was having SIM connection issues, don't you think that may be related to your signal connection issue too? If you solve the SIM issue, you may solve the signal issue. Another poster suggested you replace the SIM. Do you care to try? For the notification issue, it's been documented by many KEYone users so hopefully it'll be resolved soon. (Personally, I haven't experienced any, but I don't use that many apps. I already acknowledged that the issue has been widely reported, so your claim that I don't see any issues because I'm a blind fan here to "bait" you is disingenuous, or maybe you didn't read carefully. ) For Bluetooth, reports have been that it's been fixed.

/You/ asked /openly/ why people would take your comments as bashing and I answered. It's because you don't just state your issues but make a claim that your issues are general issues. Some are and some are not.

When I first came across your OP and subsequent long follow-up post, I didn't read anywhere where you were asking for advice on how to remedy your situation. You were only interested in airing your grievances, which is fine, but it can also be read as bashing. It was only when you asked about "bashing" that I answered.
    08-18-17 07:44 PM
    Curious how this Chinese made and branded device is managing to raise such strong passions.
    TCL take note.

I wonder if there are consumers who also defend TCL's washing machines, TVs and toasters to the same degree.

"I find that some slices of bread don't toast evenly on both sides and sometimes it pops up early without warning. "
    "Hey, that's just your device hater. Don't generalise (he's not). bla bla bla, etc...
    08-19-17 03:07 AM
    I've posted several of my issues with the K1 and I'll have to repost it again just because there is a great number of people affected with very similar problems. First of all; the K1 is definitely "pretty" to look at. I've been using Blackberries since 2002 and have never switched. The first problem that occurred was my WiFi dropping every couple of minutes. I could be literally right beside my modem and it still wouldn't matter. Inside my condo unit (I live on the ground floor) I get about 3 bars Max for cell service. When I step on to my balcony with no obstructed view, I get the same amount of cell service bars. One day, I dropped my K1 face down on my desk...basically the length of my elbow - so it's not a huge drop. To my horror, the screen is completely shattered. You can run your finger along the screen and would get cut by the glass. I recall requesting for an insurance plan at the point of purchase and it was of course not on my account (it's a monthly charge of $11) and I tried multiple times to add it, but I was outside of the 30 day requirement by 5 days. So I call Bell Mobility's Technical support (I worked there for 6 years) and I tell them to manually add it (insurance plan) on and they are able to do so (versus customer service not being able to). I was also previously advised that to repair it would be $300 - the same cost to cancel it. I wait for 2 weeks and finally call the insurance team and they send me a replacement K1 in 2 business days. Brand new one. The WiFi signal is strong but it still drops all the time. I still only get 3 bars of cell service inside my condo and on my balcony. I should have bought an iPhone. My BlackBerry Classic is more reliable than this K1. Brutal experience with this new device. I know TCL probably care what we write in here but, this experience has definitely turned me off from ever purchasing a BlackBerry again. They need to do a lot more research and testing
    08-21-17 02:49 PM
    2 months and everything is fine here ! A perfect signal, so good as it was with Classic (maybe better) and plus a much better GPS (the best i ever had) . No problems with WIFI or Bluetooth headset.
    08-23-17 07:41 PM
    Mine is working fine and the variant is a June model
    09-09-17 12:09 PM
    Just an update to this, I now purchased the AT&T version of the KeyOne and everything besides the notification issue (which many are saying has been fixed by the Sept update but AT&T has not sent it out yet) and the signal/reception issue is resolved. If (and hopefully when) AT&T allows WiFi calling on the KeyOne then my reception issue will be gone.
    Johberry likes this.
    09-09-17 12:37 PM
    Let's stop this false narrative here. Plenty of people are productive on slab phones. In fact, most of the world.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-17 12:40 PM
    Let's stop this false narrative here. Plenty of people are productive on slab phones. In fact, most of the world.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. My company issues only iPhones for work mobiles (even though our CEO is a fellow BlackBerry addict). While I prefer the physical keyboard of my personal BB phone, I get emails out and work done on my company-issued slab.
    09-09-17 12:49 PM
    Just an update to this, I now purchased the AT&T version of the KeyOne and everything besides the notification issue (which many are saying has been fixed by the Sept update but AT&T has not sent it out yet) and the signal/reception issue is resolved. If (and hopefully when) AT&T allows WiFi calling on the KeyOne then my reception issue will be gone.
    So you are basically saying that a black paint job resolved your signal reception issues? With all due respect, I'm just not buying it.

Did you previously use the unlocked K1 on AT&T or where you with another carrier then switched to AT&T?
    09-09-17 01:07 PM
    So you are basically saying that a black paint job resolved your signal reception issues? With all due respect, I'm just not buying it.

Did you previously use the unlocked K1 on AT&T or where you with another carrier then switched to AT&T?
    With all due respect, read what I wrote again. I said all my problems BESIDES the notification problem and the reception/signal problem were resolved. So no black paint had nothing to do with it. What Im just not buying is you can read LOL
    Johberry likes this.
    09-09-17 01:10 PM
83 1234