I feel for everyone who has purchased a K1 in good faith and had nothing but problems. I know I would be getting upset for sure.
    I think it's time BlackBerry took responsibility for their product if it's a lemon then it's a lemon.

As for BlackBerry Kevin he is just their front man, when they say jump how hight comes back the reply. You would think that he would be addressing these issues somewhere on this forum.
    Marcjcd likes this.
    08-16-17 06:05 PM
    You're absolutely right on both points!!!
    08-16-17 06:11 PM
    I never have had the notification issues. Once I had a signal issue.
    08-16-17 06:21 PM
    sim issue, just curious, did you put a thin (as thin as passible) scotch tape on the back of the sim, try it out? it was known way back that some sim has low thickness and/or flexible under the contact pads (thin metal stack), it might either lost contact due to the spring on the socket/sim matting problem. In addition, it is also known (way back), some either sim or socket got very thin, or even poor coverage of gold plating, (using immersion or electroless gold, instead of electrolytic gold), that contact actually remove the gold and expose to the underlying nickel that oxidized readily. you need to insert and remove the sim, every time to get a fresh contact point... and more: some poor gold plating surface got a lot of junk, matting remove the surface junk and made contact, but any vibration will get sim sitting on the pile of junk next to the contact points, resulted intermittent contact... a piece of tape, stack up the sim to slightly thicker... if the gold is good, it might resolve the issue some what... good luck.
    08-16-17 07:22 PM
    Zero issues since May. To bad all devices out there are not similar, but I can't begin to imagine all the various software states that may cause the issues some are experiencing.
    08-16-17 07:31 PM
    But it's not really a blackberry anymore, is it? Non-proprietary software and some other company built the hardware. And I'm sorry but RIM would never allow a device to be rolled out with this many issues. They had better standards than this.
    Did you forget the PlayBook?
    08-16-17 07:47 PM
    I can't believe the notification issue is still NOT fixed. that is some serious BS.
    I know, right... It's pathetic.
    08-16-17 07:55 PM
    what's the fanboy take on this?
    Is this just a microscopic minority of BB haters being negative about the phone, or are there issues that TCL ought to try and address?
    Fanboy take: Its a tiny weeny minority of customers who face ANY issues be it Screen Falling Out, Poor Reception or any thing else that is affecting many (incl. The fanboys 😂)

Well in my case I am absolutely not a "blackberry hater" as I've had many blackberry's over the years and I actually didnt think what i wrote was negative as it was an accurate accounting of my experiences with this phone. And if you read these forums you will see its not just me who are experiencing these issues. Lastly, what do you think the "fanboy" take is going to be? Thats a loaded question if I've ever heard one lol
    Why not wait a bit for the Screen in your K1 to fallout and then just get a refund? Or just sell it, but I doubt you'll make much from it.

This post sums up exactly how I'm feeling. I've posted several times on the non-stop bluetooth issues, etc. Luckily for me I use the hub for all things email and no notifcation issues but this is simply an incredible customer service flop. If I ran my business like TCL or Blackberry Mobile or whomever it is these days run thier business, I'd simply be out of business. I'm pissed...and now going to have to go buy another phone after dropping $550 for this. Simply disgusted.
    Just wait a bit for the screen to start lifting, don't put scotch tape or anything, it should lift soon and then rather just get a refund of your money, tell them to keep their poor effort of a phone.
    08-17-17 12:20 AM
    First, teeny weeny huh? Theres HUNDREDS of posts on this forum about different issues, but I got ya youre a fanboy so... lol.

Second, I didnt wait for the screen to fall out because if you actually read my post that was not an issue i discussed at all. Mine was fine. And i returned it to Amazon and did get a refund.

And lastly, unless all your responses were total sarcasm then you didnt get the point of what anyone on this thread said. We are all people who wanted to love this phone and actually tried to make it our phone but issues that werent addressed (and aren't a tinny weeny issue) pushed us to give it up. I personally wouldnt have bought it if I wasn't hopeful that I would keep it. In any event for all its working for flawlessly I'm jealous. Mine did not, and obviously with the amount of posts on the KeyONE thread there are others that are having the same issues.
    08-17-17 12:29 AM
    Did you forget the PlayBook?
    Most of the PlayBook's problems were software...... or lack there of. It took a year to get email on a BlackBerry? It was designed as a BlackBerry Accessory but priced much much higher than one could expect from an accessory.

All in all the hardware wasn't too bad - maybe better GPU and camera would have been nice. Only real design/production/quality control issue, might have been the USB port. I had both mine replaced (great warranty service) and I know many other did too.

It's clear TCL has had problems with the KEYone... and it's costing them.
    08-17-17 09:12 AM
    I, too, love the keyboard, the hub, and the battery life (I never anticipated how MUCH I was going to love the battery life). I think the camera is quite good, and the display is very adequate. I am having no notification problems with my apps--mostly news apps. I don't do FB, Twitter, etc. My build date was May 10, ordered my phone the evening before it was supposed to be available on Amazon, got one right away. I've had no problems with the screen, even though I've dropped it a couple of times (with a case on it). BUT, I am disappointed in the antenna/reception. Lots of dropped calls, baseball games stopped, connections lost. I don't know -- right now, for me, the positives outweigh the negatives. I can't think of another phone I would want to replace it wit h. But, I admit I'm not satisfied.
    08-17-17 09:27 AM
    But it's not really a blackberry anymore, is it? Non-proprietary software and some other company built the hardware. And I'm sorry but RIM would never allow a device to be rolled out with this many issues. They had better standards than this.
    Very satisfied with my KEYone experience, but having said that, you must not remember the RIM debacle called the Storm!

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure and utterly satisfying mobile device
    08-17-17 10:04 AM
    Most of the PlayBook's problems were software...... or lack there of. It took a year to get email on a BlackBerry? It was designed as a BlackBerry Accessory but priced much much higher than one could expect from an accessory.

All in all the hardware wasn't too bad - maybe better GPU and camera would have been nice. Only real design/production/quality control issue, might have been the USB port. I had both mine replaced (great warranty service) and I know many other did too.

It's clear TCL has had problems with the KEYone... and it's costing them.
    The poster I was replying to is looking back at RIM quality control with rose tinted glasses. I had, at one point, three PlayBooks. At the time, the big complaint was dead pixels, lots of them. (I didn't bring up the Z10 and Q10 issues because RIM had been renamed BlackBerry by their debut, but those were cusp devices, bridging RIM and "BlackBerry".)
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-17-17 11:23 AM
    The notification issue is some serious BS. I'm not sure BBMobile has even addressed it at this point.
    But that's the thing. Is it BlackBerry Mobile who needs to address this or BlackBerry themselves since they are responsible for the software?
    08-17-17 01:08 PM
    TCL is honestly such a low quality, budget brand.

Of all the companies to use to manufacture phones, they use them. I don't get it.
    blackberry4life79 likes this.
    08-17-17 04:11 PM
    Oh don't worry... it only can be an handvoll of devices...
    j21jam6 likes this.
    08-17-17 04:17 PM
    Hahahahahaha...I guess you forgot about the utter disaster that was the BlackBerry Priv.
    08-17-17 05:04 PM
    Hahahahahaha...I guess you forgot about the utter disaster that was the BlackBerry Priv.
    How was the Priv an "utter disaster? That was their entry into the Android realm. Quite a few people are still using them and they run super well.
    Eustis99 and BLu like this.
    08-17-17 06:20 PM
    I'm just not seeing any issues as described. There might be a really small signal degradation in very remote rural locations, that were always spotty; but in urban areas seems about the same; still have to walk to the same place in downtown grocery store to phone about shopping list. Wifi seems better if anything; battery blows me away,

I wonder if there are differences at different frequencies?
    08-17-17 11:12 PM
    First, teeny weeny huh? Theres HUNDREDS of posts on this forum about different issues, but I got ya youre a fanboy so... lol.

Second, I didnt wait for the screen to fall out because if you actually read my post that was not an issue i discussed at all. Mine was fine. And i returned it to Amazon and did get a refund.

And lastly, unless all your responses were total sarcasm then you didnt get the point of what anyone on this thread said. We are all people who wanted to love this phone and actually tried to make it our phone but issues that werent addressed (and aren't a tinny weeny issue) pushed us to give it up. I personally wouldnt have bought it if I wasn't hopeful that I would keep it. In any event for all its working for flawlessly I'm jealous. Mine did not, and obviously with the amount of posts on the KeyONE thread there are others that are having the same issues.
    Dude, I was totally being sarcastic 😂

You are echoing issues that many have had.
    08-17-17 11:38 PM
    TCL is honestly such a low quality, budget brand.

Of all the companies to use to manufacture phones, they use them. I don't get it.
    Your post count indicates that you're new here, which means you don't know that BlackBerry left the hardware market... completely. Any manufacturers making the devices now think they can make money off the brand. TCL, for example, wants to move into the higher-end markets and thought BlackBerry might be their ticket. BlackBerry didn't select them as a manufacturer to produce their devices, if that's not clear with what I wrote above.
    08-18-17 04:31 AM
    BlackBerry didn't select them as a manufacturer to produce their devices
    Lol what? how did TCL get the rights/green light to put out products with the BB branding if not through BB themselves?
    08-18-17 04:37 AM
    Lol what? how did TCL get the rights/green light to put out products with the BB branding if not through BB themselves?
    BlackBerry exited the hardware market. They weren't looking around for someone to manufacture devices /for/ them. Without TCL asking for a contract, there would be no more BlackBerry devices sold globally. The other licensees are only interested in Indonesian and Indian markets. It's not like there were a bunch of competing entities and BlackBerry chose TCL. TCL was the only option.
    08-18-17 04:45 AM
    Mixed responses to this are a surprise, if its hardware or software specific then the sames issues should happen across all devices pretty much... some have signal issues some dont, I have never had a problem (I am in the UK) call quality if spot on. As for the notification issue, I havent noticed anything but I only use the hub apps, I dont have any other notifications other than Google travel info, so maybe I would not see that issue.

So could the signal be carrier or country specific, just curious.
    08-18-17 05:34 AM
    I agree. I wanted to love the keyone and frankly the keyboard and swipe up predict typing are the only things that have kept me with the phone as long as it has. If no other issues I would simply keep and use for keyboard...but I don't get notifications, signal very poor, speaker phone too quiet, never have received any updates (AAL093 CDMA), dialer is horrible and yes I've tried others. if this was any other phone without a keyboard I would have returned immediately. my phone also seems to have gotten buggie. Yet although I took Sim out and put back in my iPhone, I still bang out emails when at home on wireless connection on keyone. I just like typing on it! Pretty expensive only at home phone. what could have been
    08-18-17 08:37 AM
83 1234