Hi everyone,

I just replaced my battery in my KeyOne Black and my loudspeaker suddenly stopped working properly. Specifically, when I try to play sound through it through my audio player or through and app (like Instagram), there is a heavily distorted and static sound that comes through the speaker at a very low volume - for about 2 seconds. Then the sound cuts out. The loudspeaker also does not work on phone calls. However, when I am in the keypad, I hear the key tones (very faintly) when I press the number keys. I just ran the diagnostics and the Speaker failed.

It is almost like the speaker is not getting enough power or speaker contacts (if they exist) are loose somewhere.

All appropriate volume sliders are maxed out. Ear speaker and microphone work, so I can hear and engage in calls when the phone is up to my ear. Only the loudspeaker is a problem.

But, in case it is my error, can someone let me know whether they have experienced this issue before and how to fix it. Can someone also confirm where the loudspeaker is?

Thanks.
    02-09-21 11:32 PM
    Hi everyone,

I just replaced my battery in my KeyOne Black and my loudspeaker suddenly stopped working properly. Specifically, when I try to play sound through it through my audio player or through and app (like Instagram), there is a heavily distorted and static sound that comes through the speaker at a very low volume - for about 2 seconds. Then the sound cuts out. The loudspeaker also does not work on phone calls. However, when I am in the keypad, I hear the key tones (very faintly) when I press the number keys. I just ran the diagnostics and the Speaker failed.

It is almost like the speaker is not getting enough power or speaker contacts (if they exist) are loose somewhere.

All appropriate volume sliders are maxed out. Ear speaker and microphone work, so I can hear and engage in calls when the phone is up to my ear. Only the loudspeaker is a problem.

But, in case it is my error, can someone let me know whether they have experienced this issue before and how to fix it. Can someone also confirm where the loudspeaker is?

Thanks.
    Maybe you damaged something when replacing the battery? Loose connection wire or contact point?
    02-10-21 06:44 AM
    I'm thinking that I may have nudged the speaker contacts. I don't see any wire that I would have moved. However, I also don't know how the loudspeaker is connected to the rest of the phone - is there a wire? Any pointers?
    02-10-21 10:05 AM
    I'm thinking that I may have nudged the speaker contacts. I don't see any wire that I would have moved. However, I also don't know how the loudspeaker is connected to the rest of the phone - is there a wire? Any pointers?
    I'd have a repair tech look at this point. Seems like a generic fix if lucky..

Posted via CB10
    02-10-21 04:50 PM
    I have the same issue, I replaced the battery yesterday, the sound worked fine until this morning then nothing, no sound at all from the loudspeakers. OK from the headphone and a Bluetooth speaker. I am going to look into it tomorrow. I'll post what I find.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    02-18-21 10:07 PM