Since last update yesterday I have lost the ability to assign email sounds to my various accounts. I can see the files but unable to assign in the accounts folder.

My ring tones show the option to use the files but not in my email.

I have read through the forum and some suggest to copy files to internal storage but I cannot find a way to do this.

Any advice as this was working fine beforehand?
    11-12-17 12:50 PM
    Since last update yesterday I have lost the ability to assign email sounds to my various accounts. I can see the files but unable to assign in the accounts folder.

My ring tones show the option to use the files but not in my email.

I have read through the forum and some suggest to copy files to internal storage but I cannot find a way to do this.

Any advice as this was working fine beforehand?
    The ring tones should be located in Internal Memory. You can either use a File manager to move the files between existing folders or you can plug in the usb cable and use Windows Explorer or similar to navigate around the folders and copy stuff that way.
    11-12-17 02:16 PM
    Thanks FF22, I have connected to PC via USB and can see files but not sure what file to copy them too?

When I try to copy them into ring tones it still doesn't give me the option to select one but just duplicates the list in phone ring tones.

Does anyone know the file name for email ring tones?
    11-13-17 01:18 PM
    Thanks FF22, I have connected to PC via USB and can see files but not sure what file to copy them too?

When I try to copy them into ring tones it still doesn't give me the option to select one but just duplicates the list in phone ring tones.

Does anyone know the file name for email ring tones?
    I copied my mp3 files into the Ringtone folder. That's where I have "House of rising sun" as my alarm tune. I have had a unique phone ringer.

Once they are there, then you usually have to use a File manager again when you try assigning them to a purpose. Now I have not experimented with assign tones to people.

I did use some of the older BB ringtones for my email (and they are set in the Hub, Settings, email-account.
    11-13-17 02:58 PM
    Am I missing something here? As can be seen from the screen shots I can see my old BB ring tones which I have imported onto KEYone in my Phone Ring Tones but when looking for them in my email I don't get the option to use the same list.
    Attached Thumbnails Lost my notification sounds since Oct Update-screenshot_20171114-131849.jpg   Lost my notification sounds since Oct Update-screenshot_20171114-131928.jpg  
    11-14-17 02:40 PM
    Am I missing something here? As can be seen from the screen shots I can see my old BB ring tones which I have imported onto KEYone in my Phone Ring Tones but when looking for them in my email I don't get the option to use the same list.

Reason for the laughter. I tried changing my ringtone from Essential to the theme from Dexter. I then sent myself an email. It was still essential. Two minutes later I'm walking around and off goes DEXTER but I could not figure out what was happening!!!!!

Okay, back to your issue. When I first tried changing it, I used the Default app (which I gather is Media Storage). That only showed the native choices. Then I tried again, "Using a different app" and I used Solid Explorer one of the File Managers I have installed. That allowed me to navigate to my Internal Memory, Ringtone folder where Dexter was lurking. So you need to use a different file manager.
    11-14-17 06:15 PM
    OK got a file manager Asus. Gone through all files\folders and still have no luck in placing my tunes in folder for access by my email accounts.

As per my previous screen shots in this thread I appear to have 2 separate ring tone options. 1 is called Phone Ringtone and the other which is what my email is looking at is called just Ringtones.

After looking everywhere by either connected to PC or using the File Manager I cannot for the life of me find the location of the Ringtones destination folder.

Please could someone tell me either the file path location or confirm on their Silver KEYone if they have the 2 options?
    11-16-17 03:22 PM
    OK got a file manager Asus. Gone through all files\folders and still have no luck in placing my tunes in folder for access by my email accounts.

As per my previous screen shots in this thread I appear to have 2 separate ring tone options. 1 is called Phone Ringtone and the other which is what my email is looking at is called just Ringtones.

After looking everywhere by either connected to PC or using the File Manager I cannot for the life of me find the location of the Ringtones destination folder.

Please could someone tell me either the file path location or confirm on their Silver KEYone if they have the 2 options?
    I've attached a screenshot. I got to this "location" (main internal memory) but pressing the left icon.

You should see folders like Alarms and Ringtones (further down the scroll but not shown is Notifications).

Those are the locations where the tunes should be placed. This is in Asus. But you could similarly navigate using Windows Explorer and a usb cord.

Lost my notification sounds since Oct Update-screenshot_20171117-182220.jpg
    11-17-17 08:28 PM
    Thank you FF22. I can also get to these locations you have mentioned but my problem is that I cannot see the tunes listed on my 2nd screen shot above. Due to this I am not able to copy my imported tunes into this list so that my email accounts notification sound can use them!

I'm able to add the tunes to the list which the phone call use but it would appear that this is stored in a separate file to my email accounts sound file.

Does this make sense?
    11-18-17 12:33 PM