@
    I think you still didn't get my point. BlackBerry missed an opportunity and hype they were digging for years. All major reviewers put out decent and positive comments.

I don't want to blindly defend BlackBerry as I myself is a fan of physical keyboards and had been waiting anxiously. Either they didn't want to lose the momentum by releasing half baked device or there were serious issues with the device, if not management.

I am sure you remember how they were too controlling of each and every aspect by not sharing the spec etc. Other companies play the " leak" game intentionally to keep in the news. Recently iPhone 8 news is on the rise. That's how they manage to grab the consumers.

As BlackBerry fans, we have accepted that the older processor would be sufficient, similar on how we defended Priv and it's build issues. Those are facts we blindly defend. We know the price tag is still high based on the spec alone.

Any way, my main point is that they missed out on another opportunity, specially when it got quite a bit of publicity. I hope the phone does well but if it doesn't, then it's the same old story.
    @TheBond BlackBerry is not handling the promotion and distribution. Here is how I understand it: TCL has a licensing agreement with BlackBerry. The BlackBerry handsets are now being produced and marketed by BlackBerryMobile,TCL's BlackBerry mobile devices division. This is the first device they have produced and are marketing under this new arrangement. They signed the agreement in September, if I remember correctly. TCL is producing the KEYone, plus establishing distribution for a whole new product line even though they have sold other devices (such as Alcatel devices, for example). I think they are doing a good job considering how recently the ink dried on their licensing agreement with BlackBerry.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    04-26-17 11:26 AM
51 123