So the KEYᴼᴺᴱ has been listed as an Android Enterprise Recommended product and one of the specifications for qualifying is providing Security patches within 90 days upto 3 years.
    Positive sign.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    02-21-18 11:15 AM
    No Samsung, OnePlus, Essential.

https://androidenterprisepartners.wi...s/browse-all/2

In addition to 3 years of security patches, you have to COMMIT to at least one major update too.

Sounds like a huge front page story!! @Bla1ze.
    Last edited by conite; 02-21-18 at 11:50 AM.
    02-21-18 11:33 AM
    Wow that's good news.
    02-21-18 11:38 AM
    did the company touting security decide to go it ?? is it an embarrassment to have a bevy of older BlackBerry devices out there insecure ??
    02-21-18 11:41 AM
    Yea surprised Samsung didn't make it

02-21-18 11:42 AM
    did the company touting security decide to go it ?? is it an embarrassment to have a bevy of older BlackBerry devices out there insecure ??
    1. They aren't insecure.
    2. The minimum requirement for the certification is Android 7 and above which is why the older BlackBerry devices didn't make it.

02-21-18 11:44 AM
    TCL got the certification, and the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion are its only devices.
    02-21-18 11:45 AM
    TCL got the certification, and the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion are its only devices.
    I will never get over the untimely demise if the PRIV and even the Passport...
    02-21-18 11:47 AM
    Seeing Huawei, Sony, Nokia and LG puts that list in perspective.... other than Huawei, I wouldn't give odds on most of those listed being in the smartphone business in three years. Much less actually meeting the requirements in the long term.

Samsung was invited, but declined to accept the invitation to join the program. That probable has more to do with their unwillingness to support the program, and by default other OEMs than it does with them not qualifying. Let's face it, they own the enterprise market already (at least with Android).... they don't need this program to get them in the front door.

It is a good idea to help get more Android OEMs to focus on updating their products both features and security. And good to see BlackBerry on there.... but I doubt IT Departments are going to run out and start buying Nokia phones or for that matter any of these vendor's phones. Other than maybe Google's own. History and track record means more than easy to make promises....

But in the end... it's an iOS world - Apple's iOS accounted for 82 percent of enterprise activity compared to Android's 18 percent.
    02-21-18 12:12 PM
    I wonder how long the Huawei devices will be on this list? Lawmakers are intent on removing and/or destroying any chances of market penetration in the US.
    02-21-18 12:17 PM
    Seeing Huawei, Sony, Nokia and LG puts that list in perspective.... other than Huawei, I wouldn't give odds on most of those listed being in the smartphone business in three years. Much less actually meeting the requirements in the long term.

Samsung was invited, but declined to accept the invitation to join the program. That probable has more to do with their unwillingness to support the program, and by default other OEMs than it does with them not qualifying. Let's face it, they own the enterprise market already (at least with Android).... they don't need this program to get them in the front door.

It is a good idea to help get more Android OEMs to focus on updating their products both features and security. And good to see BlackBerry on there.... but I doubt IT Departments are going to run out and start buying Nokia phones or for that matter any of these vendor's phones. Other than maybe Google's own. History and track record means more than easy to make promises....

But in the end... it's an iOS world - Apple's iOS accounted for 82 percent of enterprise activity compared to Android's 18 percent.
    My positive takeaway from this news is the 3 year commitment to security patches from BlackBerry Mobile.

On another note, I don't see any of those companies going anywhere soon.

Golly, people call ME a Debbie-downer sometimes. But it's a real stretch to spin this into anything other than a big win.
    Sigewif, krazyatom and Henry Jr like this.
    02-21-18 12:21 PM
    My positive takeaway from this news is the 3 year commitment to security patches from BlackBerry Mobile.

On another note, I don't see any of those companies going anywhere soon.

Golly, people call ME a Debbie-downer sometimes. But it's a real stretch to spin this into anything other than a big win.
    They could call you that...but you've been called worse
    conite and jamesharmeling like this.
    02-21-18 01:01 PM
    This is great news. Now I don’t have to worry about continuing to use my key one for another year while the kinks and issues of the new phone coming out will be resolved. I will sit by and watch closely. Getting popcorn ready it’s almost upon us!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-21-18 01:14 PM
    I wonder how long the Huawei devices will be on this list? Lawmakers are intent on removing and/or destroying any chances of market penetration in the US.
    I think you'd find it hard to buy several of those devices in the US, it's clearly not a US focused list. There is enterprise outside of the US.... and I expect Huawei is lapping at Samsung's enterprise sales heels in some markets.

Do wonder if all Carrier's have agreed to pushing out montly security patches for these phones.... or if buying unlocked is the only way to assure this update cycle.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-21-18 03:46 PM
    Do wonder if all Carrier's have agreed to pushing out montly security patches for these phones.... or if buying unlocked is the only way to assure this update cycle.
    One of the requirements is being unlocked/having unlocked availability and given the small list of carriers supporting zero touch, safe to say there's not much carrier agreement there.

Minimum hardware and user interface specifications for Android 7.0+ devices. Available unlocked directly from manufacturer or through resellers.
    brookie229 likes this.
    02-21-18 05:38 PM
    Still using my PRIV. It is a great device to use along side of my KEYᵒⁿᵉ as a backup. Edit: This was in response to the post above lamenting the "untimely demise of the PRIV."
    I am delighted that my KEYᵒⁿᵉ will have 3 years of updates.
    This is just good news all the way around.
    rarsen likes this.
    02-21-18 06:40 PM
    What happens if they don't follow through?
    02-21-18 09:49 PM
    If they don't follow through it would mean they were no longer in the device business - so I suppose it wouldn't matter.
    02-21-18 09:57 PM

Couple things about that. Nokia will be there. Theyve moved a lot of phones in the last year. Sony probably will be as well. Unless they pull a "viao" and spin off their smartphones like they did with laptops. LG? Yeaaaah I'm on the fence with that one too. They need a hit phone badly and just haven't gotten it. And as a person who gets asked by a lot of people what phone to buy, at least in my area the love affair with the iPhone is ending. You can blame the Moto G5 plus, the Oneplus, the Galaxy Note, ect. I suspect that in the coming years the iPhone will become what a macintosh is now. And for proof, I submit the fact that Samsung is sitting on surplus LCD panels for iPhone in their last quarterly report
    02-21-18 10:24 PM
    Then it gets put with all their other promises.
    02-21-18 10:28 PM
    No Samsung, OnePlus, Essential.

https://androidenterprisepartners.wi...s/browse-all/2

In addition to 3 years of security patches, you have to COMMIT to at least one major update too.

Sounds like a huge front page story!! @Bla1ze.
    Well that checks another box on the bucket list.........lol......
    02-22-18 08:10 AM
    Then it gets put with all their other promises.
    What promises has BlackBerry Mobile not kept?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    02-22-18 08:29 AM
    Couple things about that. Nokia will be there. Theyve moved a lot of phones in the last year. Sony probably will be as well. Unless they pull a "viao" and spin off their smartphones like they did with laptops. LG? Yeaaaah I'm on the fence with that one too. They need a hit phone badly and just haven't gotten it. And as a person who gets asked by a lot of people what phone to buy, at least in my area the love affair with the iPhone is ending. You can blame the Moto G5 plus, the Oneplus, the Galaxy Note, ect. I suspect that in the coming years the iPhone will become what a macintosh is now. And for proof, I submit the fact that Samsung is sitting on surplus LCD panels for iPhone in their last quarterly report
    HDM - yes by all accounts has sold a lot of devices, most are 3G feature phones. Reports indicate that all involved expect this is being done at a loss for right now - at least they understand it takes money to rebuild a brand. Number of backers are "investing" in the HDM in order to bring the brand back and hopefully consolidate a position in the market. In other words they are buying market position, maybe it will work and at some point they'll make money.

Sony and LG have both announced changes in their smartphone business, due to their own mounting losses in their smartphone divisions... yet to see if either can turn a profit with smartphones.

Apple... $20 Billion "profit" in one quarter and still selling more phones than any other manufacture... they have a long way to fall before you need to worry about them.

But that is the thing, most Android OEMs are struggling with losses on their books right now. They are fighting among themselves and killing each other... Samsung for the most has won the battle in some of the key markets, which is why they choose not to be part of Android's Enterprise Recommended program. Samsung doesn't love Google as much as some think they do....
    02-22-18 10:35 AM
    The specs for the KEYone on that link are shown as 4gb memory and 64gb storage. Does that only the black version qualifies?
    02-22-18 11:15 AM
    The specs for the KEYone on that link are shown as 4gb memory and 64gb storage. Does that only the black version qualifies?
    Unless the update needs 4gb ram I don't see why the 3gb would not get it...
    02-22-18 11:48 AM
84 123 ...