I am looking at getting a KeyOne for my work phone. Is the Oreo update planned for it?
    11-19-17 04:33 AM
    I am looking at getting a KeyOne for my work phone. Is the Oreo update planned for it?
    Yes, it is confirmed, but it will take some months to have it ready. I would not expect it before March 2018.
    11-19-17 05:25 AM
    Ok, thanks for the info!
    11-19-17 07:24 AM
    By the time we get Oreo, the KeyOne will be a dinosaur
    jfalkingham likes this.
    11-19-17 09:54 AM
    Only if think a phone becomes a "dinosaur" in the first year. BlackBerry typically takes about six months to release its hardened Android. My KEYone will be useful for at least three years until Oreo stops receiving patches. The SD 625 with 3GB ram and 32GB internal memory should be plenty for business needs until late 2020, at least.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Snappy Phoenix and TCM01 like this.
    11-19-17 10:05 AM
    What are the specific advantages of Oreo for work?
    11-19-17 11:05 AM
    Absolutely none. Just I would like to have the newest OS for a bit on an android device. Been a long time.
    11-19-17 11:57 AM
    Yes, it is confirmed, but it will take some months to have it ready. I would not expect it before March 2018.
    Of course, this is a BlackBerry "confirmation", so cross your fingers.
    11-19-17 11:58 AM
    By the time Oreo comes to the Keyone, PeanutButter or Pudding, or whatever the next Android version is called, will be out
    Last edited by LCW; 11-20-17 at 07:10 AM.
    11-19-17 02:08 PM
    Motion confirms to have Oreo in S1 2018, I would expect the same launch on Keyone.
    IanWood62 likes this.
    11-19-17 04:24 PM
    Just like computers have done, phones and their operating systems have matured to the point where there's no longer much reason to be in a hurry to replace them.
    TCM01 likes this.
    11-19-17 04:32 PM
    I am going on record and saying the new OS will be called either "payday" or "pep" two bars. ha ha!
    11-20-17 04:18 AM
    What are the specific advantages of Oreo for work?
    A number of security enhancements have been made....

System Alert Permission enhancements.
    Enhanced Verified Boot check
    Secure Element
    Project Treble
    Seccomp - Kernel lockdown
    Different encrypting keys for personal and work profiles
    Two-factor authentication keys are now possible for enterprise users.

I don't think Samsung is suppose to have Oreo out until 1st of next year... so not a big deal if BlackBerry Mobile has it ready by say March of 2018. Just would be nice to hear about them beta testing it, like everyone else is.
    11-20-17 07:25 AM
    Only if think a phone becomes a "dinosaur" in the first year. BlackBerry typically takes about six months to release its hardened Android. My KEYone will be useful for at least three years until Oreo stops receiving patches. The SD 625 with 3GB ram and 32GB internal memory should be plenty for business needs until late 2020, at least.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I will most likely use the KEYᵒⁿᵉ well beyond the K2 release unless there is some new feature I can't live without. Love this beast, I need nothing else.
    11-20-17 08:43 AM
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I will most likely use the KEYᵒⁿᵉ well beyond the K2 release unless there is some new feature I can't live without. Love this beast, I need nothing else.
    I'm hoping to do the same. Besides being a pain in the @ss to transfer content and set up a new android phone, I've been using my phones longer and longer with each switch.

My PRIV for example I used for 2 years. Much longer than any of my previous BlackBerry phones which I changed almost yearly

Too bad we can't transfer content and setup as well as apple phones.
    JWW likes this.
    11-20-17 08:47 AM
    By the time Oreo comes to the Keyone, PeanutButter or Pudding, or whatever the next Android version is called, will be out
    I'd vote for Pizza. But doubtful. I mean, dessert pizza is a thing. Perhaps for another thread but I digress.
    11-20-17 08:48 AM
    I'm hoping to do the same. Besides being a pain in the @ss to transfer content and set up a new android phone, I've been using my phones longer and longer with each switch.

My PRIV for example I used for 2 years. Much longer than any of my previous BlackBerry phones which I changed almost yearly

I use the standalone backup that Verizon offers which allows for contacts and messages to be backed up and restored very easily. When I get a new device I like to download fresh apps but yes the android backup and restore is sub par compared to IOS. I'll take this downfall to own the KEYᵒⁿᵉ over the iPhone any day though.
    11-20-17 09:00 AM
    The feature I am most looking forward two is the input API. This will allow password managers to insert passwords for you, rather than the awkward switch app, find a password, copy, switch app, paste dance.

Hopefully, Oreo doesn't use any more RAM. I defending the K1's hardware. But the 3GB is just passable. I wish I had waited for the 4GB model.
    12-12-17 09:42 AM
    isn't Project Treble what allows carrier independent security patch pushes?
    12-12-17 11:05 AM
    It's going to be called Peppermint.
    12-12-17 11:48 AM
    or pregnant...
    12-12-17 12:25 PM
    sony released oreo for xperia devices, Nokia did the same (ok its a beta) but blackberry you dont even push the security patches at the right time. even midrange devices from small Companys are on December Patch and i didnt Got the November patch
    12-12-17 03:44 PM
    sony released oreo for xperia devices, Nokia did the same (ok its a beta) but blackberry you dont even push the security patches at the right time. even midrange devices from small Companys are on December Patch and i didnt Got the November patch
    Didnt they release a patch before Google? I know they released a Krack fix before basically everyone else.
    12-12-17 10:44 PM

One of the biggest reasons someone won't choose android over apple.
    12-12-17 10:50 PM
    How so. Will it just stop working the day it receives Oreo?
    12-12-17 10:59 PM
28 12