04-23-17 02:05 PM
85 ... 234
tools
    I know I could have installed the BlackBerry suite on the Nexus 6P that I had, and I certainly would have gotten monthly updates with it, but I wanted the PKB, and liked the size of the PRIV. I believe I will also enjoy the size of the KEYone, with the up front keyboard.
    03-11-17 02:18 AM
    I would like to see the marketing for KEYone change gears also. BlackBerry has continually lost money with their "security" and "work phone" model. Definitely should emphasize the entertainment abilities and social apps, to improve their image.
    03-11-17 02:18 AM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Me too. I will concede that the Classic's keyboard is better, but having the larger screen on the PRIV balances it out for me.

Personally, I would rate the PRIV keyboard at 80 or 85% as good as the Classic.
    KEYONE is way better keyboard...... felt really good....

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 07:33 AM
    KEYONE is way better keyboard...... felt really good....
    Better than the Classic's kb?
    03-11-17 01:05 PM
    Of course you can't prove it because it's a dumb claim based on a couple people you know. My keyboard stats show I use the physical keyboard 52% of the time.
    99% for me ....
    03-11-17 01:10 PM
    But that's just it. BlackBerry and Palm lost their utility, when their ecosystem faded in Apple and Google's rear view mirror. Tie in other items mentioned, such as camera, media, games, and the advancements in VKB, and what utility did BlackBerry remain superior at, besides PKB?
    Hey BigBad, seems your 'bold' font is stuck in the on position. Might be worth fixing as it may be mistaken for shouting
    04-22-17 06:16 PM
    I think saying that "most users" gave up on the Priv keyboard is an overstatement. There are plenty of people who like the Priv keyboard. It's worlds ahead of the Torch's keyboard, which I also owned.

I had a Q10 before my Priv, and while the slider's keyboard might not have as much key travel as the BB10 device, it is about the same size and gets the job done. It only took me a week to adjust. I think I can type on my Priv as fast as I could on my Q10 (60 words per minute).
    nothing beat the 9900 keyboard. Classic, Priv, Q10, Torch included. they are not the same "class". 9900 is fit for Queen.
    04-22-17 08:52 PM
    nothing beat the 9900 keyboard. Classic, Priv, Q10, Torch included. they are not the same "class". 9900 is fit for Queen.
    I agree, I loved my 9900's keyboard, but the closest you'll be able to get to the 9900 keyboard in a modern smartphone is either with a Priv or a KEYone.
    04-23-17 02:27 AM
    that's what i'm looking for. even q20 +android ,nothing else .no need extra screen like keyone has....

I would love to see a Bold, Classic or Q10 running Android. The size is perfect, if Android will run on a square screen. The Bold is what hooked most of us, and is still talked about in the forums. That would be a real Blackberry, instead of an Android phone with a keyboard stuck on it.

BB10 is great, but Android is more mature and complete.

What do others think?
    04-23-17 10:07 AM
    I think we will see taller classic Android device which will sell very well but won't have a track pad, and I think it will be called the KEYone.

I think the next device after that will be the TOUCHone which won't have a physical keyboard.
    They should do a blue one and a pink one called the TOUCHhim and TOUCHher

Posted via CB10
    04-23-17 02:05 PM
85 ... 234