I would love to see a Bold, Classic or Q10 running Android. The size is perfect, if Android will run on a square screen. The Bold is what hooked most of us, and is still talked about in the forums. That would be a real Blackberry, instead of an Android phone with a keyboard stuck on it.

BB10 is great, but Android is more mature and complete.

What do others think?
    yuvaraki, ikeloyalBB and selchukny like this.
    03-04-17 09:19 PM
    The KEYone is a BlackBerry keyboard phone with Android. Try it. You will see.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    03-04-17 09:50 PM
    Same width as a classic just slightly taller.

I think a lot of ppl like myself will be interested in giving this a go esp with the added benefits this keyboard brings.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 10:17 PM
    I too would like to see a classic running Android. The tall screen makes the K1 look more like a candy bar with a keyboard attached. The size of the classic makes a perfect fit for pockets that's for sure.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-17 10:26 PM
    I too would like to see a classic running Android. The tall screen makes the K1 look more like a candy bar with a keyboard attached. The size of the classic makes a perfect fit for pockets that's for sure.

Posted via CB10
    It's only a 3/4" difference in total length, but a heck of a lot more screen to use. Try split-screen on a Classic

Visual Phone Size Comparison
    Attached Thumbnails looking for a Bold + Android-tmp_13877-screenshot_20170304-224610899629678.jpg  
    03-04-17 10:49 PM
    The Classic/Bold keyboard was absolutely perfect. It would be a dream to have a phone with that keyboard again. I fear the KEYone will only be one step above the Priv, which is one of the worst keyboards BlackBerry ever made in my view.
    ariandax and nycspaces. like this.
    03-04-17 11:06 PM
    The Classic/Bold keyboard was absolutely perfect. It would be a dream to have a phone with that keyboard again. I fear the KEYone will only be one step above the Priv, which is one of the worst keyboards BlackBerry ever made in my view.
    I prefer the Priv keyboard over the loud and resistive keyboard of the Q10.

With that said, I always disliked the small screen on Bold and Classic/Q10. I was only able to see 3 list items at a time lol I welcome the screen real estate.
    anon(9710735) likes this.
    03-05-17 12:28 AM
    The worst, not one of the worst. The Priv pkb was so bad that most users ended up relying on the vkb. I finally gave up when I realized that the Dtek60 was such a superior device, given that the Priv became a vkb device, not a pkb device, with problem after problem.
    03-05-17 12:37 AM
    The worst, not one of the worst. The Priv pkb was so bad that most users ended up relying on the vkb. I finally gave up when I realized that the Dtek60 was such a superior device, given that the Priv became a vkb device, not a pkb device, with problem after problem.
    That bad, eh?
    03-05-17 12:47 AM
    Maybe that bad for some. I actually enjoy using my PRIV keyboard.
    john_v likes this.
    03-05-17 01:43 AM
    No Android for square screens unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 01:46 AM
    I think your wish has just been answered. Haven't you heard that BlackBerry is releasing Mercury?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 03:40 AM
    That bad, eh?
    I don't have the data but I'm pretty sure that a large percentage of Priv owners finally gave up on the pkb and typically use the device with the slider closed. Can't prove that though.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-05-17 07:30 AM
    I don't have the data but I'm pretty sure that a large percentage of Priv owners finally gave up on the pkb and typically use the device with the slider closed. Can't prove that though.
    That's my anecdotal statistical analysis as well. Let's call it settled science!
    03-05-17 08:01 AM
    Of course you can't prove it because it's a dumb claim based on a couple people you know. My keyboard stats show I use the physical keyboard 52% of the time.
    03-05-17 12:17 PM
    Of course you can't prove it because it's a dumb claim based on a couple people you know. My keyboard stats show I use the physical keyboard 52% of the time.

I'd say the fact you only use it 52% of the time, does nothing but support the "dumb" claim.
    03-05-17 12:25 PM
    [Warn]How about we have a discussion, without the unnecessary pejorative adjectives?[/warn]
    xandros9 likes this.
    03-05-17 12:26 PM
    I love the size of my Q10, and it seems a few over on the Q threads would also love a similarly sized android pkb with its compactness. But I keep hearing people say how surprisingly well the KEYone fits in the hand. It's subjective, but I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it and being wowed

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 01:07 PM
    What I've noticed is that now that PRIV owners have the option to move to the KEYone, many have mentioned that they do not like their PRIV keyboard. Of course I have also previously heard a number of PRIV owners say that they are very satisfied with it.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-05-17 01:54 PM
    While I agree it is only slightly taller than the Bold, look at the physical size deference in the keys of the pkb between the . I am really hoping that Verizon carries the KeyOne, but I need to get my hands on one to see how the keyboard actually feels. I just got my hands on a Q10 and have been using it for about 2 days, and I can say I have missed the pkb, having been on a vkb device since my bold died, I truly have missed the BB keyboard. I type so much more accurately in my messages. I loved my Bold, and I could probably use a Q10/BB10 device, with it basically being on maintenance, and lack of third party support for apps, it is a big draw back.

I agree a phone just like the Bold with android I would buy in a heart beat. I even want the track pad back!

It's only a 3/4" difference in total length, but a heck of a lot more screen to use. Try split-screen on a Classic

Visual Phone Size Comparison
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-05-17 02:48 PM
    I would love to see a Bold, Classic or Q10 running Android. The size is perfect, if Android will run on a square screen. The Bold is what hooked most of us, and is still talked about in the forums. That would be a real Blackberry, instead of an Android phone with a keyboard stuck on it.

BB10 is great, but Android is more mature and complete.

What do others think?
    I think we will see a classic android device which will sell very well especially with a track pad.
    th.1977 likes this.
    03-05-17 07:08 PM
    I think we will see a classic android device which will sell very well especially with a track pad.
    It will not happen because Google does not allow square screens. Must be 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-17 07:39 PM
    I think we will see taller classic Android device which will sell very well but won't have a track pad, and I think it will be called the KEYone.

I think the next device after that will be the TOUCHone which won't have a physical keyboard.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-05-17 07:49 PM
    I think we will see taller classic Android device which will sell very well but won't have a track pad, and I think it will be called the KEYone.

I think the next device after that will be the TOUCHone which won't have a physical keyboard.
    I was hoping they'd go for more the consumer market on the next. You know, a phone for personal use. It shall be called the TOUCHmyself!
    03-05-17 08:24 PM
85 123 ...