I was taking some photos and pressed the space bar by mistake and noticed that the photos were locked. It seems like the latest update added the locker to the KeyOne. Anyone else notice this on their device?
    12-29-17 10:02 PM
    This was added to the keyone in the December update. They go to a password protected locker.
    12-29-17 10:04 PM
    still dual sim model not get Dec updates!
    12-29-17 11:26 PM
    Perhaps you need to read this to know about Locker Mode

https://m.crackberry.com/how-to-use-blackberry-locker
    terminatorx likes this.
    12-30-17 12:17 AM
    Doesn't work on mine. I have a black edition keyone.
    12-30-17 10:40 AM
    Doesn't work on mine. I have a black edition keyone.
    Are you December patch? Make sure you aren't pushing the space bar, just a slight tap. Someone mentioned a swipe on the space bar and that actually works well too.
    12-30-17 11:04 AM
    I don't have the update yet, but wondering how Locker mode works with Google Photos app. Is "Locker" just a file location that can be accessed from Google Photos and added to the app so that photos get backed up? The advantage is auto-backup of Locker photos, the disadvantage is that Locker photos would be displayed in Google Photos and not protected. Interested to know if anyone has run into this. Thanks
    12-30-17 12:29 PM
    I haven't had any updates yet and I'm missing the files app also!
    I do have the black edition so maybe that could be why?
    12-30-17 02:05 PM
    I don't have the update yet, but wondering how Locker mode works with Google Photos app. Is "Locker" just a file location that can be accessed from Google Photos and added to the app so that photos get backed up? The advantage is auto-backup of Locker photos, the disadvantage is that Locker photos would be displayed in Google Photos and not protected. Interested to know if anyone has run into this. Thanks
    I may be misreading the implications but the article seems to indicate that Google Cloud does not backup/store the picture:

https://crackberry.com/how-to-use-blackberry-locker
    12-30-17 03:09 PM
    12-30-17 03:38 PM
    My photos in the locker don't show up when I open up Google photos.
    12-30-17 05:53 PM
    My photos in the locker don't show up when I open up Google photos.
    Thanks

That being said, how are Locker photos backed up or transferred from device to device? Are they attached to your BBID?
    12-30-17 06:44 PM
    Thanks i was wondering how this was gonna work.
    12-30-17 09:49 PM
    Thanks

That being said, how are Locker photos backed up or transferred from device to device? Are they attached to your BBID?
    I don't think they presume to keep a copy somewhere.

It's up to you to deal with backing up those files in a way that makes you comfortable.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-30-17 10:27 PM
    I was playing around with locking a couple of regular documents via the new Files app. Now I can't see these locked files anywhere, and can't find the actual 'lockers' folder.

Is there some trick here or additional step to view locked files?
    12-31-17 09:33 AM
    I was playing around with locking a couple of regular documents via the new Files app. Now I can't see these locked files anywhere, and can't find the actual 'lockers' folder.

Is there some trick here or additional step to view locked files?
    The locker in in your App drawer. It's a yellow folder with a red lock on it.
    terminatorx and zephyr613 like this.
    12-31-17 09:42 AM
    The locker in in your App drawer. It's a yellow folder with a red lock on it.
    Oh ok, awesome. I didn't even see that! I like this new feature, seems useful. Thanks.
    12-31-17 09:45 AM