Hey guys.

I have had a KeyOne for about 4 months now. Today I had mine against a table just with enough weight on the power button to shut it off. After I turned it back on, I was given the PIN screen with "To start Android, enter your PIN", where it has the emergency call at the bottom.

So I did. And it said it was wrong... I enter this password all the time on the phone, I know the password with certainty. Yet it claims wrong. Luckily I have disabled the 10 attempts security setting. I tried a few others I thought it might be.

It seems to be taking longer and longer to declare wrong password, across reboots. I've rebooted it a bunch of times as eventually it will say "To unlock your phone, turn it off and then on". I do and this seemingly doesn't change anything. I keep the phone up to date, it's at most a week or two out of date.

I'm familiar with the android development kit/adb/fastboot etc... any ideas on what I can do besides a factory reset?

The thing that infuriates me about all this is I'm thinking I triggered a bug somehow, but also that android is running in the background (I can see it on boot for an instant) and of course the volume manager and screenshot features still work...

Perhaps there wasn't a clean unmount of encrypted data partitions and it's taking so long to attempt the password because those partitions are in an unmountable state, despite the correct password
    10-03-17 04:45 PM
    Hey guys.

I have had a KeyOne for about 4 months now. Today I had mine against a table just with enough weight on the power button to shut it off. After I turned it back on, I was given the PIN screen with "To start Android, enter your PIN", where it has the emergency call at the bottom.

So I did. And it said it was wrong... I enter this password all the time on the phone, I know the password with certainty. Yet it claims wrong. Luckily I have disabled the 10 attempts security setting. I tried a few others I thought it might be.

It seems to be taking longer and longer to declare wrong password, across reboots. I've rebooted it a bunch of times as eventually it will say "To unlock your phone, turn it off and then on". I do and this seemingly doesn't change anything. I keep the phone up to date, it's at most a week or two out of date.

I'm familiar with the android development kit/adb/fastboot etc... any ideas on what I can do besides a factory reset?

The thing that infuriates me about all this is I'm thinking I triggered a bug somehow, but also that android is running in the background (I can see it on boot for an instant) and of course the volume manager and screenshot features still work...

Perhaps there wasn't a clean unmount of encrypted data partitions and it's taking so long to attempt the password because those partitions are in an unmountable state, despite the correct password
    Can you see what you are entering? Number or alpha? Could you have jammed the Shift key or similar?

Or you did manage to bung something up with the hit and it is not accepting the input correctly. Sd-card? Remove and try. Adoptable storage or standalone?

Have you tried the various restarts?

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.

If that fails you might investigate reloading the OS using an Autoloader:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...aders-1065667/
    analogclock likes this.
    10-03-17 08:49 PM
    Ok so [un]fortunately this was user error. But as it turns out I was trying all of the things you suggested before you suggested them, and I had a pretty interesting time as far as an android experience goes. I found I could not fastboot to get autoloaders working and really no way into the device even to flash it since I had turned off the wipe-after-x attempts to unlock. I did not enable developer mode either, so it was really fortune it was my entry error otherwise as far as I can tell there is no way to get inside a KeyOne, or at least mine. Fastboot just rebooted instantly and up to date adb fastboot missed the device entirely and the autoloader scripts also did not find the device. Power+vol down, vol up or both vol or camera - nothing initiated factory reset, I'd just get boot loops while the power button pressed. I even got desperate enough to try a remote wipe. Interestingly this this request was not fullfilled as long as the lock screen was on, which I found was surprizing - once I found out I was mistyping my pin, I then had to follow steps to make sure the request wasn't fulfilled by preventing it's receipt until I could remove "Find My Device" from device administrators. Truely alot of time wasted yesterday out of such a simple mistake. I'm also concerened about being able to get into the phone on the off chance I need to in the future. Not being able to reflash the os is unnerving for any update issues if I ever get one.
    10-04-17 09:58 PM
    im looking for an answer for my problem
    03-28-18 07:58 PM
    im looking for an answer for my problem
    Don't worry I'm trying to figure out what problem you have. Be right back to you.
    03-28-18 08:40 PM
    Don't worry I'm trying to figure out what problem you have. Be right back to you.
    I am having a similar problem, and have tried all the reset (3 sec, 12 sec, 32 sec) and the soft reboot, and each time all. I get after the phone powers up is the message "To start Android, enter your PIN (1/10). When I enter the correct PIN number, nothing happens and the message stays the same and the entry does not register and stays at 1/10, so I can't even try all 10 attempts to get to the final reset mode. After about ut30 seconds the phone starts a slow clicking noise. It doesn't matter if I use the right or wrong PIN number. Any suggestions on what to try next? Thx in advance for any help offered. GAS99.
    04-29-18 04:48 PM
    I am having a similar problem, and have tried all the reset (3 sec, 12 sec, 32 sec) and the soft reboot, and each time all. I get after the phone powers up is the message "To start Android, enter your PIN (1/10). When I enter the correct PIN number, nothing happens and the message stays the same and the entry does not register and stays at 1/10, so I can't even try all 10 attempts to get to the final reset mode. After about ut30 seconds the phone starts a slow clicking noise. It doesn't matter if I use the right or wrong PIN number. Any suggestions on what to try next? Thx in advance for any help offered. GAS99.
    When did you buy your KEYone. This is important.
    04-29-18 11:31 PM
    @GAS99 use the enter key to fulfill the entry of password, the clicking noise is absolutely normal.
    04-30-18 12:19 AM
    @GAS99 use the enter key to fulfill the entry of password, the clicking noise is absolutely normal.
    Hi yamahammer, I bought the first KEYone in March and had this problem. I returned it to Amazon and they replaced it with a new one in mid April, and now I am having the same problems.

Hi falcotec, because the KEYone will not accept any PIN, the only way to stop the clicking noise is to turn the phone off again. I have been on the Android, Blackberry and the Crackberry websites and have not been able to find a workable solution, so I appreciate everyone's input. GAS99
    05-01-18 08:52 AM
    Hi yamahammer, I bought the first KEYone in March and had this problem. I returned it to Amazon and they replaced it with a new one in mid April, and now I am having the same problems.

Hi falcotec, because the KEYone will not accept any PIN, the only way to stop the clicking noise is to turn the phone off again. I have been on the Android, Blackberry and the Crackberry websites and have not been able to find a workable solution, so I appreciate everyone's input. GAS99
    Why didn't you post this back in March when you first had this issue on your first phone? Otherwise if you don't know the password you are simply out of luck. For a second time....
    05-01-18 10:32 PM
    Why didn't you post this back in March when you first had this issue on your first phone? Otherwise if you don't know the password you are simply out of luck. For a second time....
    Hi yamahammer, I didn't post in March because I hadn't thought. Of using the Crackberry site. Amazon was quick to replace the first phone so I took the opportunity to get a new phone. The problem I am having is not because I forgot the password / PIN number as I made sure I wrote them all down as I set the phone up in the first place. The phone is frozen - when I try to enter the correct PIN it registers the number as I enter it, but nothing happens and the screen continues to say "To start Android, enter your PIN (1/10)" as if nothing had been entered. So I can't even get to 10 unsuccessful attempts which would allow me to reset. Looks like I will be talking to Amazon again.
    05-02-18 08:26 AM
    Hi yamahammer, I didn't post in March because I hadn't thought. Of using the Crackberry site. Amazon was quick to replace the first phone so I took the opportunity to get a new phone. The problem I am having is not because I forgot the password / PIN number as I made sure I wrote them all down as I set the phone up in the first place. The phone is frozen - when I try to enter the correct PIN it registers the number as I enter it, but nothing happens and the screen continues to say "To start Android, enter your PIN (1/10)" as if nothing had been entered. So I can't even get to 10 unsuccessful attempts which would allow me to reset. Looks like I will be talking to Amazon again.
    You may already be doing this but I have found in some instances, you have to press the ENTER key after entering some PIN numbers. It does not react solely on the entry of the numbers alone. Again, you may be doing that already.

Good luck.
    05-02-18 11:35 AM
    I am also facing similar issue. I was able to impute my password and it open but still get stuck at starting android. Its just showing fleakers of different design. Pls help.
    05-16-18 06:26 AM
    I am also facing similar issue. I was able to impute my password and it open but still get stuck at starting android. Its just showing fleakers of different design. Pls help.
    Try the 32+ second reboot. Press and HOLD the Power button for 32+ seconds. Ignore the screen and any vibrations or sounds. Let is reboot then.

If that fails, you might want to contact BB Mobile at a phone or twitter address found in a Sticky thread above for SUPPORT.
    05-16-18 09:27 AM
    Is it possible to use the virtual keyboard at startup?
    05-16-18 09:46 AM