I'll start with an annoying one - even though I have adaptive screen brightness turned off, the brightness fluctuates even at constant light level. This is particularly noticeable at night, when I keep the brightness very low.

Any other bugs?
    10-21-18 12:46 AM
    bug in WhatsApp. Sometimes when you start to type in chat, the the text input in textbox stays empty even though word suggestions show. have to close chat/app or switch keyboard to make it work again.
    still no news for a fix
    10-21-18 01:28 AM
    for my use, the failure of predictive capitali*tion is a real handicap...
    10-21-18 01:44 AM
    bug in WhatsApp. Sometimes when you start to type in chat, the the text input in textbox stays empty even though word suggestions show. have to close chat/app or switch keyboard to make it work again.
    still no news for a fix
    I was able to fix this by:
    Moving the phone sideways which enabled the virtual keyboard

Or:
    Enabling and disabling the virtual keyboard in the keyboard settings.

I had the problem in whatsapp on Oreo (and any other app that needed text input)and Dji go on android nougat
    10-21-18 02:59 AM
    Not been able to double tap on window on the flip case when it's closed to wake it is driving me nuts.
    10-21-18 04:22 AM
    Activating a smart/flip case after updating to Oreo not possible.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-18 04:27 AM
    I was able to fix this by:
    Moving the phone sideways which enabled the virtual keyboard

Or:
    Enabling and disabling the virtual keyboard in the keyboard settings.

I had the problem in whatsapp on Oreo (and any other app that needed text input)and Dji go on android nougat
    It's not really a fix though. More a temporary solution because the bug will happen later again.
    What i do is press and hold spacebar and tap on the keyboard to chose
    10-21-18 05:36 AM
    Activating a smart/flip case after updating to Oreo not possible.

Posted via CB10
    Wow this is ridiculous. Those cases with that window are so expensive, and now they even won't work
    10-21-18 05:37 AM
    Tell me about it. I have 2 of them, pouch case with window (original BlackBerry) and flip case with window, genuine leather. Both costed a lot. Now pouch one is useless and flip one is semi usless.
    10-21-18 09:58 AM
    It's not really a fix though. More a temporary solution because the bug will happen later again.
    What i do is press and hold spacebar and tap on the keyboard to chose
    Ouch will keep an eye on it then. I am on my 3rd day of Oreo after waiting for months...
    10-21-18 02:25 PM
    set battery saver to turn on at 15%, it turned on immediately regardless of the shown battery percentage..
    10-21-18 10:36 PM
    Google Pay is busted.

Also having problems with the flipcase window as noted above.
    10-21-18 10:48 PM
    Thanks god i'm still on 7.1.
    Flatman likes this.
    10-22-18 12:56 AM
    Google Pay is busted.
    Google Pay has continued to work for me on Oreo.
    steveBlackB likes this.
    10-22-18 11:28 AM
    Google Pay has continued to work for me on Oreo.
    It hasn't for many of us who were part of the beta group. Many complaints about it on the beta site.
    10-22-18 11:30 AM
    It hasn't for many of us who were part of the beta group. Many complaints about it on the beta site.
    I think it's important to differentiate between users with beta software installed and those with final (current) releases installed. If you're in the beta group, you presumably have the next version of Oreo installed (i.e. a pending update) which is not what the rest of us have installed.

As an aside: it's clear that BlackBerry Mobile has no clue about how to run a beta program.
    Last edited by recursor; 10-22-18 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Add aside
    10-22-18 12:50 PM
    I think it's important to differentiate between users with beta software installed and those with final (current) releases installed. If you're in the beta group, you presumably have the next version of Oreo installed (i.e. a pending update) which is not what the rest of us have installed.
    Beta is closed. We have the final version that was sent to carrier's such as Telus, Rogers, and Bell.
    10-22-18 12:53 PM
    Edited my previous response as you were typing a reply. Key point: it's clear that BlackBerry Mobile has no clue about how to run a beta program. Or how to triage bugs. Or how to communicate with its beta users. Or with its regular users. That beta should never have been promoted to release and these problems should have surfaced during testing.
    pgg101 and the brother like this.
    10-22-18 12:57 PM
    Impossible to add the hour of a different city
    10-23-18 12:18 AM
    A problem I had before happened again last night. I didn't get any emails through for about 12 hours. It's a pretty big problem as i get some important communications that way.
    I got emails through the hub on my Motion, and my inbox on the laptop. They're all synced to google.

Anyone else notice any email problems on their hub synced to google or other email service?
    10-23-18 07:17 AM
    Something is consuming CPU and causing my BBB100-7 to overheat. This seems to correspond with my Oreo update, but it might just be coincidence.

Oreo apparently doesn't permit non-root non-System apps access to this. So, there's no easy way to figure out which app or component it is. If I knew which app was busy, I'd focus on it.

Given that BlackBerry Android is designed to run non-root, it'd be really good to have an app from BlackBerry that shows us this info. Apparently, Google doesn't give a damn. *groan*
    10-29-18 09:06 AM
    Beta is closed. We have the final version that was sent to carrier's such as Telus, Rogers, and Bell.
    No we don't.

Canadian carriers are still on ABD796 (which is Google certified). Beta was left with ABG328 (which is NOT Google certified).
    10-29-18 11:21 AM