Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I realize no one really knows yet, but in ALL productive apps, I certainly hope the keyboard shortcuts for this phone are better and greater in number than the Priv.

Also, obvious addition should be integrating prolific use of the touch keyboard hopefully for cursor/pointer control, UI navigation and text selection.

I'd like to see some of the advanced 9900 Bold keyboard and trackpad functionality brought back, please.
    02-26-17 09:31 PM
    Answer and end calls should definitely be appointable
    th.1977 likes this.
    02-26-17 11:41 PM
    As for apps, its all about the developers and unfortunately they don't care enough to add pkb shortcuts! Sucks bigly.
    Agreed for the calls. Not sure if they can add shortcuts for browser, can definitely use some there too.
    02-27-17 08:04 PM
    There are SO many possibilities for the keys and keyboard touch to make this phone ultra UI efficient and one hand friendly.

But like pooyam states, will both BB and developers capitalize on this opportunity.
    03-01-17 12:21 PM
    Do those keyboard shortcuts work within apps? For example if I am browsing the Web with chrome and I decide to call someone, and I press the corresponding key, will it work from within chrome or do I need to go to home screen?

I haven't watched the videos so closely

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 01:16 PM
    Do those keyboard shortcuts work within apps? For example if I am browsing the Web with chrome and I decide to call someone, and I press the corresponding key, will it work from within chrome or do I need to go to home screen?

I haven't watched the videos so closely

Posted via CB10
    Or when browsing, can you hit B or T to go bottom or top? One of my favorite in app shortcuts.
    03-01-17 05:11 PM
    Since the K1 doesn't have its own pause/mute button any longer, I hope I can set [P] for pause and [M] for mute!!!!
    03-01-17 05:30 PM
    Since the K1 doesn't have its own pause/mute button any longer, I hope I can set [P] for pause and [M] for mute!!!!
    How would that work? If you wanted to type the letter 'P/M' instead of Pause/Mute? Vice-versa
    03-01-17 05:45 PM
    +1 for Bold-like functionality!

After a quick google, it looks like the Priv used the standard android keyboard events for coding (aside from the slider aspect), so I'm hoping KEYone is no different.

Between keyboard accessories for android tablets and the gradual push of Android apps to Chromebooks, more devs might warm to coding keyboard shortcuts

And hey, come April, we'll be able to argue that the number of modern phones with keyboards is doubling
    03-03-17 08:17 PM
    Or when browsing, can you hit B or T to go bottom or top? One of my favorite in app shortcuts.
    So I can only speak for PRIV an B/T works in many but way not all apps.
    But no launcher shortcut works within an app, at least under MM on Priv.

Here are many shortcuts gestures... for Priv in one place - in German though but buttons are the same and many Links inside go to eng. Source:

http://www.blackberrybase.net/showth...-Funktionen%29
    WT44 likes this.
    03-04-17 04:44 PM
    I hope that BlackBerry integrates the keyboard buttons and touchpad into the camera app. Convenience key taking the shot.

Pressing 'v' toggles video, then 'm' opens manual photo settings, while this is open you have your keyboard unlocked to change many settings.

'i' opens ISO settings, then swipe up and down to change the numbers
    's' opens shutter speed values
    'w' opens white balance, then change the balance with some swipes
    'a' opens aperture, swiping changes values
    'd' changes field of depth
    'z' does digital zoom, then swipes on the keyboard brings you in and out
    'r' ratio
    'f' toggles flash
    'q' for quality

'u' for auto settings

With auto on, you only have access to 'f' for flash or 'b' for burst, but the keyboard remains touch enabled to move the focal point on the screen.

How cool would that be?
    Last edited by ominaxe; 03-06-17 at 05:30 PM.
    03-05-17 05:55 PM
    I wonder if anyone knows how the keyboard works when taking a photo.
    03-06-17 05:31 PM
    Someone had a very clever idea: allow the finger print reader to open up specific apps or perform different functions with different fingers.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    03-06-17 05:38 PM