Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    hi, is there a list of files default installed with keyone including file version#? I am surprised at how many v1.0 files I find under system apps, for instance "android services library" as well as their extensive data usage access, for instance com.android.walpaperbackup and then, something called "android system webview" v.0.0.0.1 is disabled but with background data usage still enabled?

And JRD Engineering Mode? It can modify system settings and is enabled yet I would think something like this only available if I put the phone in developer mode (which I haven't)

I just bought a new unlocked GSM Keyone BBB100-1 PRD_63116-001 from Amazon and have a 1mo AT&T Sim kit inserted.

All the above are out of box set-up and subsequent factory refresh since Sunday.
    10-04-17 04:43 PM
    What is your ultimate goal?
    10-04-17 07:05 PM
    Just leave that stuff alone. They are common to Android, and are required.
    10-04-17 08:06 PM
    What is your ultimate goal?
    I would like to make sure my BB has not been hijacked as I believe previous devices in my household have been.

I am surprised, frankly, that no one else is concerned about dubious file version levels and data access permissions that, to my concern, then get beamed out.

security is a key reason for buying BB.
    10-05-17 01:23 PM
    Just leave that stuff alone. They are common to Android, and are required.
    Why is com.android.wallpaperbackup required and why does said file require the extensive data access it does?
    Last edited by bko2017; 10-05-17 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Correction
    10-05-17 01:25 PM
    Why is com.android.wallpaperbackup required and why does said file require the extensive data access it does?
    System apps have super-user privileges, that's why DTEK's integrity detection constantly scans them to confirm they haven't been tampered with.

I don't know what your setup is, so I can't explain data access. Do you use live or cycling wallpapers?
    10-05-17 01:57 PM
    I would like to make sure my BB has not been hijacked as I believe previous devices in my household have been.

I am surprised, frankly, that no one else is concerned about dubious file version levels and data access permissions that, to my concern, then get beamed out.

Firstly remember that a Blackberry cannot be rooted and as such is an important level of security built in.

Secondly if you have not enabled installation of apps from unknown sources there is another layer of security.

I think that you are putting yourself in a situation that if you are constantly worried about attacks you might just achieve that by turning off WiFi and data and don't install any apps! Joking of course but as long as you aren't messing with the security built in then your worries will be less.
    10-05-17 01:59 PM

Don't worry. BlackBerry Android will detect any modification to system files.
    10-05-17 02:09 PM
    So I appreciate the help attempt, but hopefully someone responds who actually knows android a bit deeper. not all system apps have such extensive privilege, so I am curious why "wallpaperbackup" does. And turning my WiFi off does nothing to prevent pings to neighbor's wifi, and of course we all know how attwifi is setup free of charge and security and without notice to att customers.

So mine shouldn't be an atypical concern nor request: what files are installed by default on Keyone is all I'm asking. Perhaps someone else with a new Keyone, or after factory refresh, can provide their list,,, later today I'll provide mine since no one seems to have thought this a worthwhile exercise yet...
    10-05-17 02:12 PM
    Don't worry. BlackBerry Android will detect any modification to system files.
    I guess I'm not sure why one should believe this, though I want to believe it, at least, BB does a better job providing os and patch updates vs other vendors.
    10-05-17 02:16 PM
    I guess I'm not sure why one should believe this, though I want to believe it, at least, BB does a better job providing os and patch updates vs other vendors.
    Integrity detection performs constant checksums on the system apps. Any deviation is immediately reported through DTEK. This is independent of monthly patches.

ID is also "a trusted/secure background process running at the system level, that monitors the device for known security vulnerabilities. The BID service has its definitions updated regularly (silently) to ensure that you’re protected against existing and future exploits."
    10-05-17 02:19 PM
    and then, something called "android system webview" v.0.0.0.1 is disabled but with background data usage still enabled?
    As of Nougat, there is no need for a discrete WebView process anymore, Chrome (stable, beta, dev, or canary) handles it itself. That's just a stub.
    10-05-17 02:59 PM