Finally the keyboard shines. I got Debian working using termux app available from playstore. It requires android 5 and above so unfortunately old bb10 devices will not support sideloading termux. As for Android BB phones, the future can be bright and I think perhaps some folks can make use of it. Im planning on using my script I created on my laptop to use on my phone to mass sms, fax and email people using mutt and a script with service provider for sms to alert family and friends about my upcoming surgery.

Only thing bb is missing is a gpio port so I can do serial with a hardware fax modem. (Being a bit sarcastic tho be nice)

Anyhow perhaps there is interest in the use of termux and perhaps some of you already maximize the use of it. If so id like to read about it. Maybe a crackberry article deserves a writeup.
    Attached Thumbnails Linux distros on KeyOne native! I got my Debian on...-21539.jpg  
    RCJ28 and moosbb like this.
    05-06-19 11:27 AM
    For all you folks that write programs in quickbasic, I got an ARM64 codebase for FreeBasic to work....the source code which is easy to compile is at:

https://hand.is/fbc_arm64_linux-2016-03-07.tgz

originally was put together by a forum member of freebasic though I put it on my server because I don't think member plans on keeping it there....was slated for my unique purposes.

Index of /stw/builds/_manual

screenshot:

Linux distros on KeyOne native! I got my Debian on...-fbcarm64.jpg

To compile your qbasic programs use:

Code:
    fb -lang qb program.bas
    and wham! you got your compiled qbasic program as a binary executable under Linux for AMD64 based phones.
    moosbb likes this.
    05-06-19 09:49 PM
    I setup mutt for email:

Linux distros on KeyOne native! I got my Debian on...-mutt.jpg

Then I issue commands to send email and then a fax all from command line with attachments:

Linux distros on KeyOne native! I got my Debian on...-mailnfax.jpg

Here is the email received:

Linux distros on KeyOne native! I got my Debian on...-emailrecv.jpg

Now I am going to update software I already wrote on the laptop to batch process this as well as SMS sending (another service that offers Bash scripts) to alert family and friends on the status of my medical regarding upcoming open heart surgery.

Should I pass on, I have two people assigned to execute a command that will blow some whistles so to speak....enough said :P
    moosbb likes this.
    05-06-19 10:26 PM
    Some screenshots of the action:

Compiling
    Linux distros on KeyOne native! I got my Debian on...-0compiled.jpg

Program code (x2)

Linux distros on KeyOne native! I got my Debian on...-0code1.jpgLinux distros on KeyOne native! I got my Debian on...-0code2.jpg

Execution (run):
    Linux distros on KeyOne native! I got my Debian on...-0run.jpg

I just got to modify the screen char width by a few chars less!
    bbfanfan, rolfep and moosbb like this.
    05-06-19 10:52 PM
    Freebasic community built a fbc.deb for aarch64 and I tested it for them on BB KeyOne:

https://www.freebasic.net/forum/view...260641#p260641

Screenshots:

Linux distros on KeyOne native! I got my Debian on...-1.jpgLinux distros on KeyOne native! I got my Debian on...-2.jpgLinux distros on KeyOne native! I got my Debian on...-3.jpgLinux distros on KeyOne native! I got my Debian on...-4.jpg

I stored the deb file here:

https://hand.is/fbcarm64.deb

Code:
    wget https://hand.is/fbcarm64.deb
    pkdg -i fbc.deb
    05-10-19 09:54 PM