After a long wait , I finally managed to lay my hands on what BlackBerry calls the " limited edition black" .

It differs from the international variant by having 4 GB RAM and 64 GB space and by being all black.

Does it look good ?

Frankly speaking " NO" .

The Silver variant , looks far better than the the all black version.

The All Black version looks like one diffuse , black candy-bar of a phone , which resembles somewhat to the past Nokia E series .

The Silver variant offers more definition than the black one .

Retailing at 620 USD, this version is fun to work with, is fast and guess what....I am typing this post on the K1.

Being an ardent Passport fan, I can assuredly say that the keyboard on the K1 (KeyOne) is superior to the one on the Passport .

When it comes to looks , it's my feeling , however subjective it maybe , that the Black limited Edition , fails to make a visual impact.

Guess what my Xiaomi Mi5 looks far better than the K1.
    Attached Thumbnails The "Limited Edition all black KEYone "-img_20170811_224100-01.jpg   The "Limited Edition all black KEYone "-img_20170811_143840-02.jpg  
    08-11-17 12:48 PM
    I've kinda wondered about the hype around the all black.... for the Passport it was the Silver edition people wanted. All back is the standard.

Do like the idea of a very slight bump in the specs.... I'm not a fan of using and SD Card as internal storage.
    08-11-17 01:57 PM
    I think that at least they could have left the blackberry logo silver. I think the OG Passport color pattern would fit better than just all black

Posted with my  BlackBerry Passport SE™
    zack west likes this.
    08-11-17 02:01 PM
    I've kinda wondered about the hype around the all black.... for the Passport it was the Silver edition people wanted. All back is the standard.

Do like the idea of a very slight bump in the specs.... I'm not a fan of using and SD Card as internal storage.
    I was thinking about this too. When the Passport launched in black and white, the red was the shocking color. And then when the SE model launched, that became the model that made some early adopters who had gotten the black think twice.

Now it seems to be the opposite.
    fanisk likes this.
    08-11-17 02:21 PM
    The colour is not what appeals to me with this new version of the KEYone (although I do think the all black does look sick). I'm all about the dual SIM since we'll never get that in NA.
    08-11-17 02:51 PM
    Same here. it peaked my interest on the strength of it being dual Sim. I carry 2 phones now and that feature would definitely eliminate one of my phones.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-17 02:56 PM
    I like my silver and black KEYᵒⁿᵉ, it makes a statement. Versions of it could have been with various colors to replace the silver. What would matter to me for the black edition is 4g of ram and 64g memory. I am using a memory chip for extra memory so memory is not such a big deal. The extra Sim is not necessary for me on T-Mobile.
    08-11-17 03:23 PM
    The color really doesn't matter to me. What I'd want it for is the increased RAM and 64GB of internal storage. And I don't want to hear "You wont' see a difference in 3GB of RAM vs 4GB of RAM." You will over time with software updates and the more stuff you put on your phone.
    08-11-17 03:31 PM
    if u don't want it , I'll take it
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    08-11-17 03:46 PM
    I also like the Silver one than all black. But it's dual-SIM that I really want, so I will just take it. If BB/TCL decide to have a dual-SIM for silver edition, I will take it.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-17 10:04 PM
    I also like the Silver one than all black. But it's dual-SIM that I really want, so I will just take it. If BB/TCL decide to have a dual-SIM for silver edition, I will take it.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Look wise I prefer the silver. Spec wise I prefer the black....mainly for the extra storage and dual SIM for traveling. Only downside with the extra SIM is that it takes the place of your SD card. I would like to have all 3 at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    08-12-17 09:48 AM
    I think I prefer silver, but would love dual sim. Let's hope customers have both color choices with dual sim.
    08-12-17 11:43 AM
    I wouldn't have minded the original Keyone if it had stuck to the past designs where the silver just went around the side - its the mix of silver and black that throws me off. I prefer the all black from the pics ive seen.
    08-12-17 01:53 PM
    After a long wait , I finally managed to lay my hands on what BlackBerry calls the " limited edition black" .

It differs from the international variant by having 4 GB RAM and 64 GB space and by being all black.

Does it look good ?

Frankly speaking " NO" .

The All Black version looks like one diffuse , black candy-bar of a phone , which resembles somewhat to the past Nokia E series .

Retailing at 620 USD, this version is fun to work with, is fast and guess what....I am typing this post on the K1.

Being an ardent Passport fan, I can assuredly say that the keyboard on the K1 (KeyOne) is superior to the one on the Passport .

When it comes to looks , it's my feeling , however subjective it maybe , that the Black limited Edition , fails to make a visual impact.

I'll buy it from you. I don't mind you making profit ... PM me.
    08-12-17 03:59 PM
    i love the black edition, the silver top is not my taste! BlackBerry is black, black is BlackBerry
    08-12-17 05:29 PM
    i love the black edition, the silver top is not my taste! BlackBerry is black, black is BlackBerry
    Me too I'm seriously thinking of sharpie-ing the top block of mine in black but leaving the contours silver, although if it comes out looking cheap I'm afraid it won't come off!
    08-12-17 05:42 PM
    lol you are going to use a marker on it and not sure it will look cheap.
    08-12-17 06:53 PM
    Yah, I'm with you. Don't get why people think making the phone all black like 99% of phones out there would make it look better. But oh well, eye of the beholder I guess...
    08-12-17 10:10 PM
    Same here. Look wise I prefer the silver. Spec wise I prefer the black....mainly for the extra storage and dual SIM for traveling. Only downside with the extra SIM is that it takes the place of your SD card. I would like to have all 3 at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    ^This

I was disappointed when I heard that the second sim slot was shared with the SD card.
    08-12-17 11:51 PM
    where could I buy a black edition in Canada? Amazon.IN won't ship here.. any other ideas without a reseller inflating the price by 50 or more percent.
    08-13-17 01:16 AM
    I actually really agree with the assessment that the black Keyone doesn't look as good in real life. What a disappointment... In pics or videos such as Mr Mobile it shows a more prominent faded black look at the top and the BB logo at the back, which provides a nice contrast. But in real life, with no bright lights focused on it, it looks like a block of just even black. Essentially if somebody saw you with it in your hands, it would look just like any of the millions of black phones out there. There's nothing distinctive about it - unless you spot the keyboards obviously.
    08-13-17 04:55 AM
    I actually really agree with the assessment that the black Keyone doesn't look as good in real life. What a disappointment... In pics or videos such as Mr Mobile it shows a more prominent faded black look at the top and the BB logo at the back, which provides a nice contrast. But in real life, with no bright lights focused on it, it looks like a block of just even black. Essentially if somebody saw you with it in your hands, it would look just like any of the millions of black phones out there. There's nothing distinctive about it - unless you spot the keyboards obviously.
    I'm one of those persons that could care less about how other people look at me judge me on the uniqueness of phone

Just matters on how I like to see it and use it so both look fine
    08-13-17 05:21 AM

Does it look good ?

Frankly speaking " NO" .

I like your honest report on the phone, the only issue for mr is the keyboard. I find the silver edition passport far superior. But hey that's what makes the world go around. I also think the silver has a nicer look.
    08-13-17 09:05 AM
    I wonder if the BBMo will only release a black variant and not a specs bump at IFA.
    08-13-17 10:17 AM
    is the Black one waterproof ?
    08-13-17 12:15 PM
40 12