Yah, the facebook messenger thing is utterly stupid...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Not for me. I rarely use the Facebook app but communicate with friends/relatives via Facebook messenger and SMS.
    So in my case, I'm glad Facebook messenger is a separate app.

*ME173X
    08-02-16 02:04 AM
    Not for me. I rarely use the Facebook app but communicate with friends/relatives via Facebook messenger and SMS.
    So in my case, I'm glad Facebook messenger is a separate app.

*ME173X
    But you're FORCED to use it separately. If they made a Facebook Messenger for those who only use that feature, but also let you message people using the main facebook website or app, there won't be a problem. But now, you can be browsing Facebook on the mobile site or on the app, you see a notification that someone messaged you, but when you go to see it, it simply tells you to use the messenger app. Tell me how that makes any sense at all.

08-02-16 11:54 AM
    But you're FORCED to use it separately. If they made a Facebook Messenger for those who only use that feature, but also let you message people using the main facebook website or app, there won't be a problem. But now, you can be browsing Facebook on the mobile site or on the app, you see a notification that someone messaged you, but when you go to see it, it simply tells you to use the messenger app. Tell me how that makes any sense at all.

Hmmm... Sorry, but I'm a bit confused with what you just said. Because on my end, when I check a message via the Facebook app, it automatically and seamlessly opens my Messenger app. And when I use the browser to visit Facebook's mobile website, I can check/respond to/send messages there independently, without the aid of my Messenger app.
    Maybe your had a different scenario/experience because of your BB10 device. I use Android devices for Facebook and Messenger.

*A3-A20
    08-02-16 01:03 PM
    While that would be awesome, there are no meaningful benefits for blackberry to develop a browser for android. People had demonstrated time and time again that they don't want a PKB, we that love the pkb are a very niche market and blackberry should go for the bigger market if they want to stay alive in the hardware business (dtek50 is a step in the right direction), wasting resources in developing a browser a very small number of people will use is not worth it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-02-16 02:41 PM
    Hmmm... Sorry, but I'm a bit confused with what you just said. Because on my end, when I check a message via the Facebook app, it automatically and seamlessly opens my Messenger app. And when I use the browser to visit Facebook's mobile website, I can check/respond to/send messages there independently, without the aid of my Messenger app.
    Maybe your had a different scenario/experience because of your BB10 device. I use Android devices for Facebook and Messenger.

*A3-A20
    So it "seemlessly" opens another app? How about just "seemlessly" opening the message within the app you're in already?

And actually, with the browser it's opposite of what you're saying. When I use the native BB10 browser I can still check messages like normal. When I use an Android browser, it shows a message for me to use messenger. Which browser do you use on Android? Maybe it's the one I have...

08-02-16 03:33 PM
    While that would be awesome, there are no meaningful benefits for blackberry to develop a browser for android. People had demonstrated time and time again that they don't want a PKB, we that love the pkb are a very niche market and blackberry should go for the bigger market if they want to stay alive in the hardware business (dtek50 is a step in the right direction), wasting resources in developing a browser a very small number of people will use is not worth it.

I don't think it's as simple as the people don't want pkb's, it's that it's "uncool" to have one now and right now people care more about fitting in than even what they want themselves. I've lost count of how many people who have asked me for my advice on mobile phones that have told me that they want a pkb, but end up buying a Samsung or iPhone and when I asked why, their answer is always the same, that the salesperson told them that it's the popular style now. So apparently being in-line with what is popular is more important than anything else...

08-02-16 03:36 PM
    So it "seemlessly" opens another app? How about just "seemlessly" opening the message within the app you're in already?

And actually, with the browser it's opposite of what you're saying. When I use the native BB10 browser I can still check messages like normal. When I use an Android browser, it shows a message for me to use messenger. Which browser do you use on Android? Maybe it's the one I have...

With the Facebook app, it needs to open the Messenger app.
    But on my phone, though, I use Facebook Lite. It doesn't rely on Messenger because you can view/send messages within it.
    I also tried Facebook's mobile website on three browsers (Chrome/Dolphin/Opera Mini). Same results... Messages can be viewed/sent within it. No Messenger app required.

*A3-A20
    08-02-16 07:05 PM
    VLC is the king / queen of media players on every platform.
    And has been around forever.

Posted via CB PRIV.
    08-03-16 01:39 PM
    Pkb Shortcuts are just a heavily underrated feature. Nothing like firing up an app via holding a button with your friends standing nearby, then doing things in-app just by continously pressing more buttons, even if I just search for something. Afterwards I can regularly pick up their jaws from the floor by how fast I got things done without even looking at the phone

Posted via CB10
    08-12-16 07:35 AM
    Pkb Shortcuts are just a heavily underrated feature. Nothing like firing up an app via holding a button with your friends standing nearby, then doing things in-app just by continously pressing more buttons, even if I just search for something. Afterwards I can regularly pick up their jaws from the floor by how fast I got things done without even looking at the phone

Posted via CB10
    Lol, I do this when they want to find something, I'll start telling them the results while they are still hunched over furiously tapping away at their phones.

08-12-16 10:33 AM
    I really enjoy the shortcuts on the BB10 browser - T for top of page, B for bottom, N for forward, P for back and SPACE for scroll a page (and so many more, but that's the main ones). All bottom aligned and within easy reach, and much much faster if you browse a lot, imho. Of course, it would be great if they also added Reader Mode, Adblocking and definitely keep the location bar bottom oriented.
    They can add these shortcuts later, it's not a big deal.

Regarding the bottom oriented address bar, I wouldn't count on it. This is how Android is build - menu is on the top. I know it's bad, because you can't really enter an address with one hand, but Android has its silly design rules. I think they called it "material design" :-)

If they're staying in the keyboard business, then this is a selling point for a PKB. Forget the "You're more accurate" pitch, most people don't care and other keyboard vendors are getting pretty good at predictions anyway, so it's moot, imho. Showing how much more pleasant it is to use a browser with PKB shortcuts would turn more heads.
    Forget it. Keyboard shortcuts are even worse selling point. No one wants to learn keyboard shortcuts, even on a PC.

The selling point should be this:
    With BlackBerry Priv you can edit a Word document and simultaneously see the WHOLE page, or the WHOLE spreadsheet in Excel.
    You can type without loosing focus, like with the onscreen keyboard. On-screen keyboards makes your screen 2 times smaller, and you are experiencing "screen jumping", when a keyboard shows up, then hides, then shows up again, hides again and so on.
    Why do you need a big screen, when half of it is the on-screen keyboard?

And this is where BlackBerry comes in with the physical keyboard. Comfortable and productive experience ALL THE TIME. Then in Priv you can hide the keyboard whenever you want.

Imagine the split screen in Android Nougat on Priv. Then imagine split screen on full-touch device with the keyboard open, hah

I don't know why no one can notice that the physical keyboard saves half of your screen space, so you can do everything better and faster.
    This is the selling point that should be advertised.

LIKE if you agree so BlackBerry can see this.
    anananssaft and Paul Callahan like this.
    08-12-16 10:51 AM
    They can add these shortcuts later, it's not a big deal.

Regarding the bottom oriented address bar, I wouldn't count on it. This is how Android is build - menu is on the top. I know it's bad, because you can't really enter an address with one hand, but Android has its silly design rules. I think they called it "material design" :-)

Forget it. Keyboard shortcuts are even worse selling point. No one wants to learn keyboard shortcuts, even on a PC.

The selling point should be this:
    With BlackBerry Priv you can edit a Word document and simultaneously see the WHOLE page, or the WHOLE spreadsheet in Excel.
    You can type without loosing focus, like with the onscreen keyboard. On-screen keyboards makes your screen 2 times smaller, and you are experiencing "screen jumping", when a keyboard shows up, then hides, then shows up again, hides again and so on.
    Why do you need a big screen, when half of it is the on-screen keyboard?

And this is where BlackBerry comes in with the physical keyboard. Comfortable and productive experience ALL THE TIME. Then in Priv you can hide the keyboard whenever you want.

Imagine the split screen in Android Nougat on Priv. Then imagine split screen on full-touch device with the keyboard open, hah

I don't know why no one can notice that the physical keyboard saves half of your screen space, so you can do everything better and faster.
    This is the selling point that should be advertised.

LIKE if you agree so BlackBerry can see this.
    I think those are good points for the Priv (a slider device), but won't work as well on the Mercury which has the always present keyboard. Split screen won't be as appealing on that device, eg.

BUT, I think the touch capacitive PKB (hopefully with a pointer coming soon!), and shortcuts is a selling point for that small crowd (including me) that want a PKB device. IF they're going to continue with the keyboard devices, the more productivity features the better, imho.

Habit Browser and Yandex already feature a bottom oriented location bar on Google Play, so it isn't a violation to move the location bar afaik.
    08-12-16 10:59 AM
    BlackBerry browser on android please

Posted via CB10
    08-20-16 05:47 AM

Sorry, that may be your opinion; the first thing I checked on Priv was, if these shortcuts work again...
    Main focus (IMHO) is starting apps / creating tasks from the homescreen with shortcuts.

Having the ability to control your phone with app-shortcuts (of course they should be the same in all apps) is amazing

Posted via CB10
    08-20-16 06:39 PM
    With all the stupid spying google does, i hope they do!
    08-21-16 11:10 PM
    Me too,this would give more of BlackBerry 10 experience also,if possible even the user interface.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-16 07:51 AM
    Ya. Chrome is being annoyingly slow.

08-25-16 07:55 AM
    Who needs Red Subscription when you can use firefox?

And Facebook on android is becoming BS, can't even read my messages inside the app or on the mobile browser..gotta have 2 different apps to do 1 simple thing.. starting to use more and more my Passport

Posted from PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.746
    True also use my Q10 for social media apps. Facebook on android is very crappy. Hope the future BlackBerry will have thhe blackberry browser and ofcourse multi tasking..

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 03:46 PM
    Why? Chrome works great.

10-17-16 12:31 AM
    Chrome is not good. All the ads... I prefer yandex browser now which is a joy to use.
    10-17-16 03:09 AM
    Everything costs money, app development etc, won't happen unfortunately.

Blackberry is developing the launcher , hub , and couple other apps. It's not a huge suite of apps but it's something.

Although from a fan perspective, yeah I'd totally love a native blackberry browser just as Sammy has their own crap one.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv powered by Blackdroid
    10-17-16 03:33 PM
    Forget the browser need a proper gallery to view pics and videos hate using third party apps for it nothing beats stock. Secondly work on a native file manager then think about the browser
    11-14-16 02:26 PM
72 123