Just add the keyboard shortcuts to the chrome. That is more than enough.
    07-15-16 08:47 AM
    Excellent! I nominate you to get 'er done.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 10:54 AM
    No small task to ask BlackBerry to make a better browser than Chrome, a better file manager than Solid Explorer, a better music player than PowerAmp, a better video player than VLC, and a better image viewer than QuickPic.

BlackBerry had to make those apps for BB10 because they didn't exist. I think the BlackBerry developers should stick to true, unique value-add features.
    I want FULL BB10-like wifi sharing. Where I merely open a Win Explorer window and my two drives show up like all the other drives on my desktop. BUT NO CABLES. I want the access to my computer's drives like I had with BB10.

They can worry about the economics of this. Make their devices more unique that the Dtek drivel!!!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-15-16 10:56 AM
    I want FULL BB10-like wifi sharing. Where I merely open a Win Explorer window and my two drives show up like all the other drives on my desktop. BUT NO CABLES. I want the access to my computer's drives like I had with BB10.

They can worry about the economics of this. Make their devices more unique that the Dtek drivel!!!
    Just use Solid Explorer and set up a FTP or LAN cloud source. Work from the device.

Going the other way (from your computer) was never about the BB10 file manager - it was about running BlackBerry Link software. If you are prepared to run software computer-side, there are many Android equivalents.

You can also run a lightweight ftp server on your device, and then you can see it from your computer.
    07-15-16 11:29 AM
    I didn't read your post completely, but what I figured out is that none Android browsers actually had ability to move address bar to the bottom. Why is such a minor feature so important?

If you have a phone with a big screen, such as PRIV, you have to go all the way up to click on the address bar and then go down to type the address. On 5.4" screen it is something that really bothers you, if you have to do it frequently. Not to mention navigation (Back and Forward, Stop, Reload).

There's a lot of inconsistences in all Android browsers when it comes to user experience, so BlackBerry browser is very well-thought-out. The only browser that was similar to this was Habit, which was unusually decent.

If you ask me, I vote for BlackBerry porting out Browser to Android. Just my two cents...

Posted via CB10
    danfrancisco likes this.
    07-15-16 11:59 AM
    I didn't read your post completely, but what I figured out is that none Android browsers actually had ability to move address bar to the bottom. Why is such a minor feature so important?

If you have a phone with a big screen, such as PRIV, you have to go all the way up to click on the address bar and then go down to type the address. On 5.4" screen it is something that really bothers you, if you have to do it frequently. Not to mention navigation (Back and Forward, Stop, Reload).

There's a lot of inconsistences in all Android browsers when it comes to user experience, so BlackBerry browser is very well-thought-out. The only browser that was similar to this was Habit, which was unusually decent.

If you ask me, I vote for BlackBerry porting out Browser to Android. Just my two cents...

Posted via CB10
    There's also Yandex browser that has bottom orientation but I prefer Habit as you can add page up, page down, top and bottom of page shortcuts. For all touch that's about as good as it gets.
    Bratza likes this.
    07-15-16 12:03 PM
    But then I'd have to use Chrome...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    anon(9721458) likes this.
    07-15-16 12:28 PM
    I want a blackberry browser, file manager, gallery, music and video player.

Just like every other android oem does it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Agree with all of them except "Gallery" there's an app called Gallery that's the same as with bb10 when you open an image in file explorer

Posted from PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.746
    07-15-16 12:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yep, I agree. It's one major thing I really dislike about a lot of things on Android, how much you need to move your thumbs back and forth to get anything done. On BB10 or BBOS with a toolbelt everything can be done within the same small area...

Bratza likes this.
    07-15-16 12:30 PM
    Although it sounds like a good idea, how will BlackBerry monetize it? And from what project would you divert its developers.

Priv STV100-1 AAF518 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    Would you please stop with the facts!.............................BlackBerry will be lucky if their droids stay around............let alone a browser........maybe a petition?............then again.......
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    07-15-16 01:38 PM
    Based on how they are keeping the BB10 Browser "current", I just as soon let someone else handle the browser.

Too be honest, I kinda wonder what the Android guys are working on... I expect a little more after six months. Assumed they released what was ready and the they planned to do much more to BlackBerrize the PRIV. That doesn't seem to be the case.
    07-15-16 01:41 PM
    But then I'd have to use Chrome...

Chrome is the best you can find. Apart from all the other things, you have Google translate.
    07-15-16 02:07 PM
    Chrome is the best you can find. Apart from all the other things, you have Google translate.
    This message is NSA approved, lol. Just joking with you. :-P

07-15-16 02:14 PM
    There's been a bit of discussion about whether or not BlackBerry should bring their own Browser to Android. Most people so far have said it's a waste of time. There are already a wealth of choices on the Google Play Store that do everything you could possibly need - Chrome, Firefox, Dolphin, Opera, Yandex, Habit, etc...

For all touch BlackBerry Android devices, I completely agree. However, as a heavy browser user on my Passport, I'd definitely like to see BlackBerry bring a PKB enabled browser to their Android suite. None of the current browsers on Android support PKB (that I know of) so on a Priv, or Mercury, etc the PKB is useless for anything other than using it to scroll up and down. Not a big selling point.

I really enjoy the shortcuts on the BB10 browser - T for top of page, B for bottom, N for forward, P for back and SPACE for scroll a page (and so many more, but that's the main ones). All bottom aligned and within easy reach, and much much faster if you browse a lot, imho. Of course, it would be great if they also added Reader Mode, Adblocking and definitely keep the location bar bottom oriented.

If they're staying in the keyboard business, then this is a selling point for a PKB. Forget the "You're more accurate" pitch, most people don't care and other keyboard vendors are getting pretty good at predictions anyway, so it's moot, imho. Showing how much more pleasant it is to use a browser with PKB shortcuts would turn more heads.

TLDR; BlackBerry should release a Browser on Android with PKB shortcuts for faster and easier browsing and use it as a selling point for PKB devices.
    You've got to be kidding right?

I have a Passport and have been eyeing the Priv.
    That would be a huge blow in making a decision to purchase that phone if you can't use the Physical Keyboard for shortcuts and to type within certain fields on websites.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 05:05 PM
    You've got to be kidding right?

I have a Passport and have been eyeing the Priv.
    That would be a huge blow in making a decision to purchase that phone if you can't use the Physical Keyboard for shortcuts and to type within certain fields on websites.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately right now no shortcuts, and I use the browser extensively as well. I'm guessing something is on the roadmap (there must be) but nothing so far. Any intrepid developers might consider making a browser with PKB support, they could likely charge for it.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 06:42 PM
    I don't know if the other browsers can do it now, but I like how the BlackBerry browser can play YouTube or any video on the browser while you're using other apps, I hope they bring it to the priv or any future android devices

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 07:34 PM
    I don't know if the other browsers can do it now, but I like how the BlackBerry browser can play YouTube or any video on the browser while you're using other apps, I hope they bring it to the priv or any future android devices

Posted via CB10
    It's not a browser related thing, it's OS feature named multitasking.

Apart from that, BlackBerry Browser started acting strange with many websites, and has not been updated for a while. Not to mention (new) free HTTPS SSL certificate - Let's Encrypt. A lot of websites started using it lately, and it is not possible to browse such websites on Browser. At least not without issuing certificates and adding them manually.

Posted via CB10
    Paul Callahan likes this.
    07-15-16 07:49 PM

Apart from that, BlackBerry Browser started acting strange with many websites, and has not been updated for a while. Not to mention (new) free HTTPS SSL certificate - Let's Encrypt. A lot of websites started using it lately, and it is not possible to browse such websites on Browser. At least not without issuing certificates and adding them manually.

Posted via CB10
    If you're on BB10 try Browsie Browser - support shortcuts, adblock and you can change the useragent if a website doesn't load properly.

Posted via CB10
    Bratza likes this.
    07-15-16 08:20 PM
    Okay, that's a fact but I just thought that since we're talking about the browser why not bring up some of its unique points and use it

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 09:36 PM
    Posted via CB10
    No, it's a browser thing. Only Chrome is blocked from playing youtube in the background.

Firefox, Opera, and others can do it just fine.
    Paul Callahan likes this.
    07-15-16 10:21 PM
    Let's referendum that BlackBerry is giving a time line of what's planned and gives the customers information rather than playing apple.

07-16-16 01:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's not even an OS thing. Android is fully capable of playing youtube videos while the app is minimized, if you had the Red subscription it'll work. It's all about ad revenue. Since Google owns youtube, you know they care. There were some apps that allowed it, but Google actively removes apps from their play store that allows this feature without a Red subscription. Why do you think Facebook is pulling whatsapp support from BB and not allowing them to use their API to make their own apps? Because BB doesn't abide by these things to make it easier for them to run ads or data mine their users...

07-16-16 04:33 PM
    It's not even an OS thing. Android is fully capable of playing youtube videos while the app is minimized, if you had the Red subscription it'll work. It's all about ad revenue. Since Google owns youtube, you know they care. There were some apps that allowed it, but Google actively removes apps from their play store that allows this feature without a Red subscription. Why do you think Facebook is pulling whatsapp support from BB and not allowing them to use their API to make their own apps? Because BB doesn't abide by these things to make it easier for them to run ads or data mine their users...

Who needs Red Subscription when you can use firefox?

And Facebook on android is becoming BS, can't even read my messages inside the app or on the mobile browser..gotta have 2 different apps to do 1 simple thing.. starting to use more and more my Passport

07-17-16 09:01 AM
    Who needs Red Subscription when you can use firefox?

And Facebook on android is becoming BS, can't even read my messages inside the app or on the mobile browser..gotta have 2 different apps to do 1 simple thing.. starting to use more and more my Passport

Yah, the facebook messenger thing is utterly stupid...

07-17-16 11:23 PM
    One vote for a native BB browser added.

Please let it have:
    - the option to always browse "priv" ate (unlike BB10 where every time yo need to start it again)
    - ensure media (video) keeps playing when the browser is minimised (unlike chrome and other browsers)

Please dont let it have:
    - the BB10 random ordering of bookmarks. no in BB10 it doesnt put most populair on top, it is just random annoying shuffling.

On the same go just as well add a sms app and a file browser please.

And fit the Hub so it actually synchronises with bbm, text, wa, mail notifications.
    08-02-16 01:46 AM
72 123