With all the chatter in here about this phone, I hope it can somehow cross over to the mainstream and be a success. That would bode well for us for further development in the near future. We need choices!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 07:09 PM
    We need to see more in depth reviews real life ones. Hopefully Kevin does another review soon.
    04-12-17 07:24 PM
    A lot of chatter outside of CB too. If you search #keyone or #blackberrykeyone on Twitter.. People are talking . Hopefully it turns to sales
    04-12-17 07:25 PM
    And it seems the most critical people are the ones here in CB...

I remember searching for articles on new phones because a friend asked me for advice (not a pkb person so I didn't bother to bring up the KEYone), and I think it was ZDnet had an article on the best new phones coming out this year and the KEYone was actually one of them. And you know all of the yelling and screaming about the delay here in these forums and how it will spell doom and everyone will go from wanting one to laughing at it? Well, at the end of the section describing the KEYone it said "It was expected to go on sale in April, but has been delayed until maybe May. It's a phone worth its price of $549."

Literally, the delay was just glanced over in one line without a single f--- given...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-12-17 07:37 PM
    And it seems the most critical people are the ones here in CB...

I remember searching for articles on new phones because a friend asked me for advice (not a pkb person so I didn't bother to bring up the KEYone), and I think it was ZDnet had an article on the best new phones coming out this year and the KEYone was actually one of them. And you know all of the yelling and screaming about the delay here in these forums and how it will spell doom and everyone will go from wanting one to laughing at it? Well, at the end of the section describing the KEYone it said "It was expected to go on sale in April, but has been delayed until maybe May. It's a phone worth its price of $549."

Literally, the delay was just glanced over in one line without a single f--- given...

I think it's because of how "die-hard" CB people are. Lol. I personally am excited to watch and read all of the reviews that will come out, let alone my excitement to owning one in the future.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-17 11:56 PM
    It's an awesome phone and i have no doubt it will please people who get one.
    But hoping it will be a hit seems not very probable.
    Unless marketing unleashes. Which is yet to be seen for a bb phone.
    The more people know the phone the more it may sell. Simple as that.
    Last edited by MyriadeCoh; 04-13-17 at 09:08 AM.
    04-13-17 03:19 AM
    It better be after this wait, and no excuses on hardware and OS when released, they have had plenty of time, I'm not going to be as forgiving as the Priv.
    04-13-17 08:44 AM
    I have been with BlackBerry for 13 years. I currently use the Priv and planned on getting the KEYone. With the delay I am now considering the S8. Looks to be a heck of a phone and may be a better option. I have gotten used to not using the pkb. Still deciding.
    04-13-17 10:17 AM
    I have been with BlackBerry for 13 years. I currently use the Priv and planned on getting the KEYone. With the delay I am now considering the S8. Looks to be a heck of a phone and may be a better option. I have gotten used to not using the pkb. Still deciding.
    One month makes a big difference?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-17 11:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    I guess some people have money burning holes into their pockets or something.

04-13-17 11:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not all...just seeing other options and stated the S8 looks good. I considered other phones and went with the Priv. Now that I am on Android I am open to other options. No other reason.
    04-13-17 11:53 AM
    I guess some people have money burning holes into their pockets or something.

Not at all...there are other options. That is all I stated.
    04-13-17 11:54 AM
    I feel some people are having a hard time understanding that customers would consider other options if the one that they were planning to get isn't available... IMHO it's not about money nor hurt feelings, it's about availability when you are ready to spend your hard earned cash...

Not at all...there are other options. That is all I stated.
    Techno-guy likes this.
    04-13-17 12:23 PM
    I feel some people are having a hard time understanding that customers would consider other options if the one that they were planning to get isn't available... IMHO it's not about money nor hurt feelings, it's about availability when you are ready to spend your hard earned cash...
    My comment wasn't directed at him specifically. There are a few people here who seem like they just had it in their mind that they need to buy a phone in April and if the KEYone isn't available they HAVE to buy some other phone. Unless their phone is broken, I don't really see any other reason for this other than them having money they are itching to spend... For me, I want the KEYone for the features it has. It being delayed doesn't all of a sudden change my needs or wants in a phone to where I would want to buy whatever is the hot new phone coming out now... But that's just me...

04-13-17 12:38 PM
    So far no BlackBerry Android phones have been a hit. It is therefore doubtful the k1 will achieve much.
    04-13-17 01:09 PM
    My comment wasn't directed at him specifically. There are a few people here who seem like they just had it in their mind that they need to buy a phone in April and if the KEYone isn't available they HAVE to buy some other phone. Unless their phone is broken, I don't really see any other reason for this other than them having money they are itching to spend... For me, I want the KEYone for the features it has. It being delayed doesn't all of a sudden change my needs or wants in a phone to where I would want to buy whatever is the hot new phone coming out now... But that's just me...

The precise timing of this in my view is nothing close to a deal breaker: after all, most people expect to keep a phone for something close to two-three years. By all accounts the K1 is a very solidly built capable device. I'm quite happy to carry on with my Passport SE until it arrives. Frankly, I think most people would prefer TCL and Blackberry take a few more weeks to perfect the hardware and/or software ( and align all the carriers) than push it out prematurely.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-17 01:26 PM
    Wonder how the bloatware will be handled...specifically if it can be removed for those waiting on carrier support. Many android devices can remove the bloatware, but some need to be rooted to do it. Don't think you will be rooting the KEYone however.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-17 02:56 PM
    It being delayed doesn't all of a sudden change my needs or wants in a phone to where I would want to buy whatever is the hot new phone coming out now... But that's just me...
    Yeah, I'm not going to suddenly decide to learn to use a slab when I've got a perfectly good Classic in the meantime!
    04-13-17 03:24 PM
    Why not Dtek60?
    04-13-17 03:31 PM
    For FUN I stopped at four stores, two Rogers and two Telus. Non of the stores knew what a KEYone was.

Looks like nothings changed lol

Posted via CB10
    04-13-17 03:46 PM
    I think if this phone is on carrier shelfs then it'll be a hit. The uniqueness of this device alone with all the features from other prominent devices, casual phone buyers might pick this up.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-17 04:05 PM
    Here in the USA it's going to be tough to promote the Keyone. After my carrier T Mobile gave up on the brand and the Priv not selling well on AT&T.

The only one left is Verizon and I haven't seen a thing on the Keyone. Outside of Crackberry, I don't think many folks here know about the device here.

Myself, I am buying one the day it becomes available on the Blackberry website and once I have it in my hands, I will promote here.

Sadly that's the way it is here now with Apple and Samsung being the major players in the market here and LG picking up what's left.
    04-13-17 04:29 PM
    For FUN I stopped at four stores, two Rogers and two Telus. Non of the stores knew what a KEYone was.

Looks like nothings changed lol

Posted via CB10
    Wow, that's surprising. Do they know BlackBerry is a Canadian company?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-17 04:40 PM
    Wow, that's surprising. Do they know BlackBerry is a Canadian company?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah one girl said "thanks for letting us know" then went to her computer lol. I'd say it would be a surprise if it was a hit with this kind of marketing lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-17 06:31 PM
    I think if this phone is on carrier shelfs then it'll be a hit. The uniqueness of this device alone with all the features from other prominent devices, casual phone buyers might pick this up.

Posted via CB10
    PRIV is unique, price has been "reasonable" for almost a year now.... not sure that has turned it into a hit.

I have no idea how many might want a PKB phone with a smaller screen over a full sized large slab. But I think it will take TCL doing promotions with carriers and their salespeople, some sort of major marketing campaign to reinvent the BlackBerry brand in the eyes of consumers. And BlackBerry fully supporting their existing legacy Android devices...
    04-14-17 07:22 AM
33 12