That's not the point. This all started because you said: "The lack of a public beta program is uninformative. Most companies don't have one"

You are wrong in that claim and you conceded so in post # 84. Some devices will never get a major update, but all the major manufacturers with the exception of Alcatel and Kyocera run a beta program of one sort or another. That's just fact.
    I understand that, yes.

I'm just adding my thoughts to another post. Very few "devices" have a beta OS.

And I still say it means nothing at all.

And I still say Oreo will be here by summer.

And I'm still shocked you have enough information to actually call the BBMo execs out as straight-up liars.

There's going to be some serious egg-on-face come summer.
    03-23-18 01:10 PM

And I still say Oreo will be here by summer.
    Lol and android P will also be available at summer...
    Dont defend blackberry at this point
    03-23-18 01:15 PM
    Lol and android P will also be available at summer...
    Dont defend blackberry at this point
    I'm not defending anything.

The argument is about whether or not BBMo is lying when they said Oreo will be available for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion.

Incidentally, you know darn well that P production won't be available until the Pixel 3 in Oct/Nov, and updates to existing products won't start until probably Dec. Same as always.
    03-23-18 01:17 PM
    Rinse, wash, repeat............
    krazyatom likes this.
    03-23-18 04:27 PM
    Meh. So long as Oreo is available for my KEYone before Google stops patching Nougat, I'll be satisfied. The main value for me of the guaranteed version upgrade is extending the life of my device by an extra year or more.

Just my opinion, but I never fuss about OS upgrades, because they are all incremental.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    03-29-18 02:58 PM
    Meh. So long as Oreo is available for my KEYone before Google stops patching Nougat, I'll be satisfied. The main value for me of the guaranteed version upgrade is extending the life of my device by an extra year or more.

Just my opinion, but I never fuss about OS upgrades, because they are all incremental.

It doesn't matter at all indeed.... because in the end the Keyone will end just like the Priv. Which means you have to move over to a newer smartphone device to start over again.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-18 05:42 PM
    It doesn't matter at all indeed.... because in the end the Keyone will end just like the Priv. Which means you have to move over to a newer smartphone device to start over again.

Posted via CB10
    Every device is like that.

3 years with KEYᵒⁿᵉ updates is almost as good as it gets.
    03-29-18 05:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not sure I understand you. Every phone needs to be replaced eventually, whether it's a BB10, BlackBerry Android, BlackBerry Mobile Android, or Samsung. I'm looking forward to Oreo on my KEYone because it will effectively add at least a year to its useful life.

03-29-18 07:08 PM
    04-06-18 05:39 PM
109 ... 345