So then the KEYone doesn't cost enough in order to compete with Apple's higher prices?
    Nope. Price is a little too high. They'd complain about that, then buy an iPhone because it's "paying for something established."

It's as ridiculous as it sounds.
    06-04-17 10:17 AM
    Nope. Price is a little too high. They'd complain about that, then buy an iPhone because it's "paying for something established."

It's as ridiculous as it sounds.
    And so when price is a issue because you don't actually want a PKB phone with BlackBerry security features and price isn't an issue with an iPhone, then price isn't really a issue at all.
    06-04-17 10:34 AM
    And so when price is a issue because you don't actually want a PKB phone with BlackBerry security features and price isn't an issue with an iPhone, then price isn't really a issue at all.
    Sadly, that's the mentality of many of these US college students. I'd kill for the money to get BlackBerry any day. I can't stand iPhones.

I'm going to have an especially hard time when they release a new slider style device.

I'll also add a short story of my experience with many of these people as well.
    So they see my PRIV and ask what it is. I tell them the facts about How it's BlackBerry's first android device. Then I get that question about if BlackBerry is still around.
    After that I start showing off the features of the keyboard, wowing them heavily with each thing. (most love the scrolling the most) then I hand my device to them and ask them to type on the keyboard. The response I normally get is: "wow, I haven't used a keyboard in forever. That felt kind of nice, I like it."

And here's the kicker line: "if Apple did it, I'd buy it."
    Last edited by Jff007; 06-04-17 at 11:05 AM.
    06-04-17 10:36 AM
    So to a regular customer (non-CB geek) walking by they would not know it's a BlackBerry at all. Marketing fail or marketing genius?
    Of course they would know it was a blackberry. No one else makes a phone with a Keyboard

Posted via CB10
    06-04-17 11:07 AM
    Is there any way to tell is a BB near me has one on display?
    06-04-17 11:21 AM
    As someone that had a relative go through college recently and have come across this: unlike him with a BB that was a year old - he was only able to get a measly $20 trade in or $80ish online with weeks on eBay. His friends who purchased an iphone 2 years ago were still able to pull $200+ in favor of buying a new device. Also during the past 5 years how many school and social mobile apps were on BBos/10 compared to ios/android.

Its trully not their fault. BB sat stagnant following the fall. Im afraid if there is a climb it will be slow and painful.
    06-04-17 11:41 AM
    Is there any way to tell is a BB near me has one on display?
    Yes check Best Buy's website and it will tell you where
    06-04-17 12:13 PM
    Sadly, that's the mentality of many of these US college students. I'd kill for the money to get BlackBerry any day. I can't stand iPhones.

I'm going to have an especially hard time when they release a new slider style device.

I'll also add a short story of my experience with many of these people as well.
    So they see my PRIV and ask what it is. I tell them the facts about How it's BlackBerry's first android device. Then I get that question about if BlackBerry is still around.
    After that I start showing off the features of the keyboard, wowing them heavily with each thing. (most love the scrolling the most) then I hand my device to them and ask them to type on the keyboard. The response I normally get is: "wow, I haven't used a keyboard in forever. That felt kind of nice, I like it."

And here's the kicker line: "if Apple did it, I'd buy it."
    Your last line sums up BlackBerry's problem. Like them or not, Apple has established a large, loyal customer base. BlackBerry has lost most of their customers because for years they ignored market trends and shot themselves in the foot.

What amazes me is that people have problems with people saying "I will only buy an Apple device" but in the same sentence will say "I hate Apple and every other brand and am BlackBerry for life." Why is it ok for some to be loyal to a different brand, but that loyalty is celebrated when the brand is BlackBerry.

I like BlackBerry, but they haven't done anything to garner loyalty outside of those who are already loyal to them.
    MikeX74 and kbz1960 like this.
    06-04-17 12:31 PM
    Your last line sums up BlackBerry's problem. Like them or not, Apple has established a large, loyal customer base. BlackBerry has lost most of their customers because for years they ignored market trends and shot themselves in the foot.

What amazes me is that people have problems with people saying "I will only buy an Apple device" but in the same sentence will say "I hate Apple and every other brand and am BlackBerry for life." Why is it ok for some to be loyal to a different brand, but that loyalty is celebrated when the brand is BlackBerry.

I like BlackBerry, but they haven't done anything to garner loyalty outside of those who are already loyal to them.
    Exactly. The only reason I picked up BlackBerry is because I wanted a pkb again. If other Android manufacturers did it, I'd probably leave BlackBerry behind. They aren't very good at telling us what's going on, like the whole situation regarding the Priv and DTEK phones right now.

I don't care about what brand of Android I use. As long as the device does what I want, I'm content with it.
    06-04-17 12:36 PM
    Yes check Best Buy's website and it will tell you wherehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...61fcb83693.png
    Neither the web site (via computer), the website on my phone, nor the BB app displays this information for me. I even tried setting my store to Minnitonka, mn and it still didn't show up.
    Johberry likes this.
    06-04-17 01:41 PM
    Neither the web site (via computer), the website on my phone, nor the BB app displays this information for me. I even tried setting my store to Minnitonka, mn and it still didn't show up.
    Weird... I'm using an iPhone but you'd think the desktop would show it
    06-04-17 03:40 PM
    Yeah the only way you'd know it was a blackberry is if you watch a lot of YouTube tech reviews (luckily it's been getting a ton of coverage) or if you flipped it around. I wish it was in a better place in the store, I know people would stop to look just because it has a keyboard makes it way different than the other slabs peppered around the store.
    I think as soon as you see a keyboard you think it's a BlackBerry.
    06-04-17 06:40 PM
    We've reached 'peak smartphone' so this is perfect timing for the KEYone. Almost as if it's a time for some people to wake up to the reality that we've reached 'peak smartphone' and nothing is going to be innovative until Elon Musk creates his brain interface.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-04-17 07:01 PM
    We've reached 'peak smartphone' so this is perfect timing for the KEYone. Almost as if it's a time for some people to wake up to the reality that we've reached 'peak smartphone' and nothing is going to be innovative until Elon Musk creates his brain interface.
    I fully agree. In fact most the young people I hire could care less about upgrading their phones now in the past few years because everything has been super fast with a really good camera and high def screen for the past several years. There is going to have to be a radical redesign and actual new features to convince people to start upgrading like they used to
    06-04-17 09:50 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah, companies are looking for the next 'big deal' in ways like developing folding, bendable screens or an 'AI chip' like Apple is rumoured to be thinking of including into their future devices. All kind of too much hype, not enough actual innovation. So, thankfully there's BlackBerry with the KEYone, a no nonsense beast to get things done with. A real BlackBerry. Personally this is the best BlackBerry since people were super excited about the Bold 9000. Pretty sure no other BlackBerry has garnered this much friendly media attention since that phone.
    06-04-17 10:43 PM
    MINNESOTA REPRESENT!

Got mine from Selfridges but saw this on the Best Buy company.

I wonder how many stores they are in.

Remember BB is a Bloomington, MN company...
    06-09-17 03:51 PM
    Look at the email I just received from Best Buy. They are advertising it as an Alcatel phone & not a Blackberry?
    06-09-17 05:25 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...122d94053e.png Look at the email I just received from Best Buy. They are advertising it as an Alcatel phone & not a Blackberry?
    Blackberry must have really burned them bad!!!
    06-10-17 09:05 PM
43 12