Tucked in the corner amongst the no name no contract phones it really looks out of place but at least it's a place for people to see it...
    06-02-17 07:23 PM
    Tucked in the corner amongst the no name no contract phones it really looks out of place but at least it's a place for people to see it...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a943a69ada.jpg
    Where is this? Would like to see one in person...
    06-02-17 07:33 PM
    I should've put location!!! Minnetonka Minnesota. Best Buy will show you where they have them on display. This store it was on the back wall behind all the other phones, took me awhile to find it!

Oh and it's everything everyone says it is, nice weight, great screen, and the keyboard feels like a real BB keyboard unlike the priv. Opened several apps and tried the camera, kept 10+ apps in memory and the camera looked great. I have an iPhone 7 plus and it was just a bit smaller which felt perfect where my iPhone feels a little too big
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-02-17 07:37 PM
    It's definitely a striking phone. So unlike everything else out there these days.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    06-02-17 08:31 PM
    It's said Alcatel.
    06-02-17 08:46 PM
    There is one on display near SeaTac too.
    06-02-17 08:53 PM
    Which one? Heading to Sea next week lol

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 09:01 PM
    Ah, the Alcatel Keyone.
    megafan2000 likes this.
    06-02-17 11:47 PM
    Even better no need to say BlackBerry
    06-03-17 12:15 AM
    Can't tell from the pic. Does it have BlackBerry written on the actual phone? I guess if someone walked in and asked for BlackBerry they would be told no. Ask for Alcatel: taken to this.
    Uzi likes this.
    06-03-17 01:57 AM
    Can't tell from the pic. Does it have BlackBerry written on the actual phone? I guess if someone walked in and asked for BlackBerry they would be told no. Ask for Alcatel: taken to this.
    No, only BlackBerry logo in the back
    06-03-17 02:00 AM
    No, only BlackBerry logo in the back
    So to a regular customer (non-CB geek) walking by they would not know it's a BlackBerry at all. Marketing fail or marketing genius?
    06-03-17 02:30 AM
    So to a regular customer (non-CB geek) walking by they would not know it's a BlackBerry at all. Marketing fail or marketing genius?
    Yeah the only way you'd know it was a blackberry is if you watch a lot of YouTube tech reviews (luckily it's been getting a ton of coverage) or if you flipped it around. I wish it was in a better place in the store, I know people would stop to look just because it has a keyboard makes it way different than the other slabs peppered around the store.
    06-03-17 12:21 PM
    There is one on display near SeaTac too.
    Why not near Northgate so I don't have to drive through Seattle to the airport!!!!

Although I did fly all the way to Barcelona to see it initially! (g)
    06-03-17 03:01 PM
    Premium display space is reserved for those who purchase it. That's generally going to be Apple, Samsung, and LG. They can afford to purchase counter/display space because they will sell 50+ phones per month in each store.

I'd be shocked if that was the store sells 20 K1s over the life of the phone. That doesn't leave nearly enough profit for premium displays in stores.

Demand may seem high because availability has been so low, but I'd estimate that there have only been about 10,000 K1s produced to date, to supply all of the currently open markets. I suspect that over the next 6-8 weeks, the total production will reach 50 or 60,000 phones, at which point the initial demands will be satisfied and demand will fall way off. Likely a year from now, they will have made 100,000 K1s, and some will still be in sales channels (but the majority will be sold).

TCL can't afford to be stuck with tens of thousands of devices that they have to firesale. They are keeping production low because long-term demand will be low relative to other phones.

And with low volumes of sales comes lower availability and lower levels of advertising/marketing. That's where the K1 is: it's a niche product.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    06-03-17 04:52 PM

TCL can't afford to be stuck with tens of thousands of devices that they have to firesale. They are keeping production low because long-term demand will be low relative to other phones.
    Blackberry Mobile should be marketing the BlackBerry KEYone to college and university students to use for note taking, lecture hand-out viewing usually PDFs or PPTs, and keeping in touch via social media and emailing.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-03-17 05:43 PM
    Premium display space is reserved for those who purchase it. That's generally going to be Apple, Samsung, and LG. They can afford to purchase counter/display space because they will sell 50+ phones per month in each store.
    My local Telus store used to have the PRIV and Classic on prominent display at the very front of the store. Now there's just a PRIV at the very back.
    06-03-17 06:57 PM
    Blackberry Mobile should be marketing the BlackBerry KEYone to college and university students to use for note taking, lecture hand-out viewing usually PDFs or PPTs, and keeping in touch via social media and emailing.
    How much should they spend on this, and what return could they expect? Those are the equations that matter when a company decides how much to spend, and where to spend, on a marketing campaign.

As I said, the K1 is a niche device, one that really only appeals to a tiny percentage of people who still want a PKB. No doubt it is an excellent phone for those folks, but the vast majority of people are perfectly happy and satisfied with all-touch devices, and that isn't likely to change. BBMo was never under any illusion that they were making a device with mass market appeal - that's one of the reasons for the limited production volume.
    06-03-17 07:15 PM
    How much should they spend on this, and what return could they expect? Those are the equations that matter when a company decides how much to spend, and where to spend, on a marketing campaign.

As I said, the K1 is a niche device, one that really only appeals to a tiny percentage of people who still want a PKB. No doubt it is an excellent phone for those folks, but the vast majority of people are perfectly happy and satisfied with all-touch devices, and that isn't likely to change. BBMo was never under any illusion that they were making a device with mass market appeal - that's one of the reasons for the limited production volume.
    Social media is not an expensive advertising channel which is where the target market (college and university students) spend a significant amount of time.
    Last edited by qwerty4ever; 06-04-17 at 11:36 AM.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-03-17 07:27 PM
    I saw one yesterday at Media Markt in Germany. I was surprised to see it in the prominent display area. I went looking on the back tables first.

I am glad to finally touch one before I purchase when I get back to the states. Smaller than I thought it would be but I'm a Passport and Lumia 950xl owner.
    Xmeatizmurderx likes this.
    06-04-17 12:26 AM
    Only problem there becomes price.

Also there's the fact that most college students I've encountered are die hard supporters of iPhone.
    06-04-17 12:46 AM

Also there's the fact that most college students I've encountered are die hard supporters of iPhone.
    So then the KEYone doesn't cost enough in order to compete with Apple's higher prices?
    06-04-17 09:04 AM
    So then the KEYone doesn't cost enough in order to compete with Apple's higher prices?
    Its a fact that it pretty much has components of a $250 moto g5 plus. Is the pkb and design justify $300 upcharge?
    06-04-17 09:38 AM
    Its a fact that it pretty much has components of a $250 moto g5 plus. Is the pkb and design justify $300 upcharge?
    Unfortunately it doesn't
    06-04-17 09:53 AM

Yes, based on my data working with Colleges we see 5:1 ratio of iOS to Android devices.
    06-04-17 10:15 AM
43 12